Why those parties have made me angry

Started by Barry, January 11, 2022, 03:48:53 PM

« previous - next »

Good old

Quote from: cromwell on January 24, 2022, 09:55:11 PM

Thatcher was saved by the Falklands,what might Boris grasp for?

The Falklands was considered U.K. territory, very different to Ukraine. If it goes off in Ukraine, it could help him out, merely as a distraction. Quiet apart from how it affects Boris, I find us and the Yanks ,removing embassy staff a bit strange . If we dont think Putin ,is serious.

Barry

Quote from: cromwell on January 24, 2022, 09:55:11 PM

He might try to use Ukraine as a distraction, but I fail to see how he can be a hero unless the UN authorise action. (They won't).
Ukraine cannot be treated as if it is a NATO country, because it isn't, although they do seem to be trying that angle.
† The end is nigh †

cromwell

Quote from: T00ts on January 24, 2022, 09:33:32 PM
Yes and being a joke of a country is a matter of security. The last thing we need at present is to implode and try as I might I still can't find anyone to take BJ's place. This is not to say BJ is right either but I have never seen such a barren political field. I thought the debacle of Brexit in the HofC was bad enough but it has simply got worse since. Every void leaves space for fanaticism. Is that what everyone wants?
Yes the field is barren,that's what you get when they have nothing outside of westminster, Uni to MP with no real job or world experience between.

No we don't need fanaticism but if something doesn't give that's where we're headed.

Quote from: Good old on January 24, 2022, 09:33:49 PM
I can't think of any PM in our history I would trust less in a situation of conflict with any other nation. Let alone Putin.  Even the Earl might have done better than Boris, given the chance.

Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

Good old

Quote from: T00ts on January 24, 2022, 09:33:32 PM

I never took a married name, I always kept my maiden name for my career - perhaps she is the 

Yes I know that Toots many ladies with a career chose to do that.  But to me she is a Mrs she is a married lady, not that it matters all that much. All that matters is she does the right thing regardless of who her boss is.

Good old

Quote from: cromwell on January 24, 2022, 09:17:57 PM
National security?
National joke and embarrassment more likely.

He's thinking of Earl Grey,the longer this rumbles on the happier Good Old is, he shouldv'e gone last week......probably trying to organise an incident in Ukraine in the hope we'll all forget. ???
I can't think of any PM in our history I would trust less in a situation of conflict with any other nation. Let alone Putin.  Even the Earl might have done better than Boris, given the chance.

T00ts

Quote from: cromwell on January 24, 2022, 09:17:57 PM
National security?
Yes and being a joke of a country is a matter of security. The last thing we need at present is to implode and try as I might I still can't find anyone to take BJ's place. This is not to say BJ is right either but I have never seen such a barren political field. I thought the debacle of Brexit in the HofC was bad enough but it has simply got worse since. Every void leaves space for fanaticism. Is that what everyone wants?

Quote from: Good old on January 24, 2022, 09:28:27 PM
Alright Sue Grey. Married to a Mr Conlon. In my time that would have made her Mrs Conlon . And yes it is what happens when persons investigated happens to be the boss. But then this was always the terms of the report.

I never took a married name, I always kept my maiden name for my career - perhaps she is the same.

Good old

Quote from: Barry on January 24, 2022, 08:58:29 PM
Who is Mrs. Grey? ;)

I hear the report of Sue Gray may be redacted and only published in bits. Who'd have thought that. Is this what happens when one of the persons investigated happens to be your boss.
Alright Sue Grey. Married to a Mr Conlon. In my time that would have made her Mrs Conlon . And yes it is what happens when persons investigated happens to be the boss. But then this was always the terms of the report.

cromwell

Quote from: T00ts on January 24, 2022, 09:03:06 PM
I think it will be a matter of national security that the whole saga is left in peace. We have much bigger issues to deal with. The amount of media coverage is ridiculous in comparison to the time and column inches given over to much more pressing situations both here and worldwide. It is now no more than a witch hunt.
National security?

Who is Mrs. Grey? ;)

I hear the report of Sue Gray may be redacted and only published in bits. Who'd have thought that. Is this what happens when one of the persons investigated happens to be your boss.

He's thinking of Earl Grey,the longer this rumbles on the happier Good Old is, he shouldv'e gone last week......probably trying to organise an incident in Ukraine in the hope we'll all forget. ???

T00ts

Who is Mrs. Grey? ;)

I think it will be a matter of national security that the whole saga is left in peace. We have much bigger issues to deal with. The amount of media coverage is ridiculous in comparison to the time and column inches given over to much more pressing situations both here and worldwide. It is now no more than a witch hunt.

Barry

Quote from: Good old on January 24, 2022, 08:52:25 PM
I think we should wait for Mrs Grey, to report.  I shouldn't think she knows more than we do.
Who is Mrs. Grey? ;)

† The end is nigh †

Good old

I think we should wait for Mrs Grey, to report.  I shouldn't think she knows more than we do.

cromwell

Quote from: Borchester on January 24, 2022, 07:49:56 PM
How about Jeremy Corbyn? He is a contemptible commie vegetarian, but anti EU and that should do.
:D :D

Borchester

Quote from: cromwell on January 24, 2022, 06:54:11 PM
Oh dear another party at No 10,Boris's birthday according to the evening news and Mr Punch AKA Kier Steamer in rapture at this new revelation.......the drip drip orchestrated by Mr Magoo Cummings like a death of a thousand cuts.

Had enough of the three of them.

How about Jeremy Corbyn? He is a contemptible commie vegetarian, but anti EU and that should do.
Algerie Francais !

papasmurf

Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

T00ts

Quote from: cromwell on January 24, 2022, 06:54:11 PM
Oh dear another party at No 10,Boris's birthday according to the evening news and Mr Punch AKA Kier Steamer in rapture at this new revelation.......the drip drip orchestrated by Mr Magoo Cummings like a death of a thousand cuts.

Had enough of the three of them.
It won't stop now. Those hell bent on bringing the Government down won't be content until they succeed. Just a lynch mob in action.