Meanwhile - prescription charges

Started by Barry, January 12, 2022, 08:48:09 PM

« previous - next »

Sheepy

Quote from: B0ycey on January 17, 2022, 09:16:17 AM
I am more old Labour than new and Blair isn't exactly on my Christmas Card list. But even if he was, the Tories have had twelve years to renationalise everything and all they have done is sell more shit off. So as it happens they have enough time and more to do what you want but haven't. What does that say about the Tories? It was Thatcher who said Blair was her greatest achievement, not Starmer. Because Blair was the ultimate Blue Tory.
I am not talking about the Tories and stop swerving, I am asking how PFI is working out? 
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

B0ycey

Quote from: Sheepy on January 17, 2022, 09:11:41 AM
The Tories for all of their faults didn't introduce PFI your crew did, so again rather than avoid the problem and pretend it will go away, how is it working out? because for sure it won't fix itself. 

I am more old Labour than new and Blair isn't exactly on my Christmas Card list. But even if he was, the Tories have had twelve years to renationalise everything and all they have done is sell more shit off. So as it happens they have enough time and more to do what you want but haven't. What does that say about the Tories? It was Thatcher who said Blair was her greatest achievement, not Starmer. Because Blair was the ultimate Blue Tory. 

Sheepy

Quote from: B0ycey on January 17, 2022, 09:07:19 AM
I did Sheepy, the Tories have been in power for the past decade and that is the Brexit loving Liberationists. Your crew.

The Tories for all of their faults didn't introduce PFI your crew did, so again rather than avoid the problem and pretend it will go away, how is it working out? because for sure it won't fix itself.  

B0ycey

Quote from: Sheepy on January 17, 2022, 09:04:51 AM
Answer the question how is PFI working out for you? I am letting you off lightly on unskilled mass immigration.

I did Sheepy, the Tories have been in power for the past decade and that is the Brexit loving Liberationists. Your crew.

Sheepy

Quote from: B0ycey on January 17, 2022, 09:01:24 AM
Sheepy, my crew isn't the Tories. That's your crew. The Brexit loving liberationism are in power, not the "owning the means of production", fair taxation, Social Democrats. You need to wake up. Learn some history. Discover what Brexit means and learn that it is the Tories who sit on the right. But to help you out, Conservatism means "conserve what you got" and freebies and handouts is not what Johnson is about. He sold you a lie about Brexit to please his mates, not to please "Johnny I hate Foreigner".

Answer the question how is PFI working out for you? I am letting you off lightly on unskilled mass immigration. 

B0ycey

Quote from: Sheepy on January 17, 2022, 08:38:09 AM
Sounds like a lot of nonsense from here to cover up the damage your crew have done to the NHS. How's PFI working out for you?

Sheepy, my crew isn't the Tories. That's your crew. The Brexit loving liberationism are in power, not the "owning the means of production", fair taxation, Social Democrats. You need to wake up. Learn some history. Discover what Brexit means and learn that it is the Tories who sit on the right. But to help you out, Conservatism means "conserve what you got" and freebies and handouts is not what Johnson is about. He sold you a lie about Brexit to please his mates, not to please "Johnny I hate Foreigner".

Sheepy

Quote from: B0ycey on January 17, 2022, 07:39:34 AM
"From each according to his ability, to each according to his needs."

You think Marxism would charge for prescription? If they had it their way they would own the pharmaceutical companies so the cost of drugs would be a fraction of the price they are now. What you seem conveniently forgetting is Corbyn isn't backed by the free enterprise Libertarianism but the tea shirt wearing Guevara statue toppler. So when "Your lot" storm Westminster to oust out the Blairite Johnson, you will soon discover that you have backed the wrong horse given Blair wasn't a Conservative and Corbyn is old Labour and be sent to the gulags for spouting Ayn Rand nonsense.

As for my opinion on this, prescriptions should fall in line with Scotland and Wales. And anyone with half a brain would think the same, whatever the colour of their rosette.

Sounds like a lot of nonsense from here to cover up the damage your crew have done to the NHS. How's PFI working out for you?

B0ycey

Quote from: Sheepy on January 16, 2022, 10:20:58 PM
I did notice the mass immigration PFI social Marxists keeping themselves away from this thread.

"From each according to his ability, to each according to his needs."

You think Marxism would charge for prescription? If they had it their way they would own the pharmaceutical companies so the cost of drugs would be a fraction of the price they are now. What you seem conveniently forgetting is Corbyn isn't backed by the free enterprise Libertarianism but the tea shirt wearing Guevara statue toppler. So when "Your lot" storm Westminster to oust out the Blairite Johnson, you will soon discover that you have backed the wrong horse given Blair wasn't a Conservative and Corbyn is old Labour and be sent to the gulags for spouting Ayn Rand nonsense.

As for my opinion on this, prescriptions should fall in line with Scotland and Wales. And anyone with half a brain would think the same, whatever the colour of their rosette.

Sheepy

Quote from: Barry on January 12, 2022, 08:48:09 PM
The government want to align prescription charges age exemption with the current state pension age - 66.
This could mean people aged between 60-66 will have to start paying, or it might allow those already in receipt to continue, but no new exemptions at the age of 60.

https://www.gov.uk/government/consultations/aligning-the-upper-age-for-nhs-prescription-charge-exemptions-with-the-state-pension-age/aligning-the-upper-age-for-nhs-prescription-charge-exemptions-with-the-state-pension-age

This is in addition to robbing pensioners of the triple lock last year.
Are they trying to lose the old uns votes?
I did notice the mass immigration PFI social Marxists keeping themselves away from this thread. 

Streetwalker

Quote from: morayloon on January 13, 2022, 08:56:11 AM
I really don't understand why your Government does not simply stop prescription charges altogether. If ScotGov can afford to do it, on its shoe-string budget, the UK Gov, with all its resources, could easily do likewise.

I just noticed that you have a 'Butcher's Apron' emoji. Where's the Saltire option?
Your the white in the top right  ;D

Barry

Quote from: morayloon on January 13, 2022, 08:56:11 AM
I really don't understand why your Government does not simply stop prescription charges altogether. If ScotGov can afford to do it, on its shoe-string budget, the UK Gov, with all its resources, could easily do likewise.
Good point. I understand that in England most prescriptions are already free at collection. The cost of collecting the charges must also be a factor in itself. What happened to the free NHS?
† The end is nigh †

srb7677

The government want to align prescription charges age exemption with the current state pension age - 66.
This could mean people aged between 60-66 will have to start paying, or it might allow those already in receipt to continue, but no new exemptions at the age of 60.

https://www.gov.uk/government/consultations/aligning-the-upper-age-for-nhs-prescription-charge-exemptions-with-the-state-pension-age/aligning-the-upper-age-for-nhs-prescription-charge-exemptions-with-the-state-pension-age

Tis a strange thing going on right now. The Tories who traditionally rely on older peoples' votes are doing stuff like this to put them off. Meanwhile Labour - traditionally more reliant on the votes of younger people - are trying hard to be as unappealing to them as possible, ditching all the policies they liked.

If this continues we'll get a record low turn out come the next election, with an increased percentage of those who do vote going for smaller parties. FPTP of couse is the two party duopoly's way of ensuring this latter has little impact.
We are not all in the same boat. We are in the same storm. Some of us have yachts. Some of us have canoes. Some of us are drowning.

morayloon

I just noticed that you have a 'Butcher's Apron' emoji. Where's the Saltire option?

Streetwalker

I don't really see why people of working age should not cough up for their meds . For those needing  regular  stuff its only about a hundred quid for an annual ticket . 

Borchester

Could be. As I have said before, us oldies are graceless, self centred buggers who will sell our votes to the highest bidder. Or in this case, the lowest prescription charge.

Of course, at 60 you are barely out of nappies, so the government probably thinks such folk aren't real cottontops and can safely be ignored.
Algerie Francais !