Meanwhile - prescription charges

Started by Barry, January 12, 2022, 08:48:09 PM

« previous - next »

Barry

Quote from: Sheepy on January 18, 2022, 09:37:22 AM
Hopefully between us, we answered your question.
It was, as you know a rhetorical question. Parts of the NHS are still free. For instance, sex change operations.
However, opticians services and dentistry were the first to fall, then prescription charges were brought in.
We all know that free at the point of use means someone has paid, or will pay.
The thing is we had over a decade of Labour, the poor people's friend and they could have fixed it back to how it was. Fat chance.
† The end is nigh †

Sheepy

Quote from: Barry on January 13, 2022, 10:45:04 AMWhat happened to the free NHS?
Hopefully between us, we answered your question.
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

Sheepy

Quote from: Good old on January 17, 2022, 07:11:48 PM
It is explained. At this time 2% of a £120 billion yearly budget . It will have cost £80 billion paid over 70 years.
No more than the projected cost of that frigging railroad that gets somewhere a bit quicker than previously.
It is ridiculous to compare its effects ,to the borrowing carried out in just the last twelve years, which outside of Covid, is hard to see what it was for. And all the time we take for granted ,what that eighty billion has paid for over seventy years. If the modernisation had not have happened when it did . The NHS would probably not be in existence now. But even if it was it would have cost very much more later no matter how financed ,and after the banks had put there toe into the nation probably not at all.
No it isn't PFI also covers schools' roads even government departments. One thing for sure fullfact has been also proved over the last few months full of cobblers as well. Even if we take your figures how many prescriptions is that?
Blairs and new Labours cons run deep.

Good old

Quote from: Sheepy on January 17, 2022, 06:43:16 PM
Well, I wouldn't want Barry to explain how much that is per year in return for the original investment and yes, it is as bad as it seems even worse in fact.

It is explained. At this time 2% of a £120 billion yearly budget . It will have cost £80 billion paid over 70 years. 
No more than the projected cost of that frigging railroad that gets somewhere a bit quicker than previously.
It is ridiculous to compare its effects ,to the borrowing carried out in just the last twelve years, which outside of Covid, is hard to see what it was for. And all the time we take for granted ,what that eighty billion has paid for over seventy years. If the modernisation had not have happened when it did . The NHS would probably not be in existence now. But even if it was it would have cost very much more later no matter how financed ,and after the banks had put there toe into the nation probably not at all. 

Sheepy

Quote from: Good old on January 17, 2022, 06:40:46 PM
Do you sheep? This is how it stands.  It's not as damming as the propaganda would have it.

https://fullfact.org/health/what-nhs-paying-private-finance-initiatives/
Well, I wouldn't want Barry to explain how much that is per year in return for the original investment and yes, it is as bad as it seems even worse in fact.

Sheepy

Quote from: Good old on January 17, 2022, 06:31:17 PM
The bankers made their own crisis we paid for it financially and the Labour Party paid for it politically. Whilst the Tories who are predominately bank rolled by bankers sniggered all the way into Downing Street.
There would be no NHS now if Blair, had not found a way to finance its very existence . You can moan about PFI all you want but most of our hospitals were nothing much other than the same buildings as were in use in the time of Victoria, when they were built, very often not even as hospitals. If your a certain age you would know that as a fact. I was very much involved in trying to keep London's outdated edifices , in with any chance of performing modern medicine in anything like an adequate manner. And Labours spending was the main reason the health service came into the 2000s in anything like a modern health service should be.
The great PFI heist: The real story of how Britain's economy has been left high and dry by a doomed economic philosophy | The Independent | The Independent
Don't try and bullshine a populist good old. We know differently.

Good old

Quote from: cromwell on January 17, 2022, 06:14:14 PM
And what do we have to show for the banking crisis and Bliars PFI?  that'll be nowt.....except the debt.

The bankers made their own crisis we paid for it financially and the Labour Party paid for it politically. Whilst the Tories who are predominately bank rolled by bankers sniggered all the way into Downing Street.
There would be no NHS now if Blair, had not found a way to finance its very existence . You can moan about PFI all you want but most of our hospitals were nothing much other than the same buildings as were in use in the time of Victoria, when they were built, very often not even as hospitals. If your a certain age you would know that as a fact. I was very much involved in trying to keep London's outdated edifices , in with any chance of performing modern medicine in anything like an adequate manner. And Labours spending was the main reason the health service came into the 2000s in anything like a modern health service should be.

cromwell

Quote from: Good old on January 17, 2022, 05:50:41 PM
Your great grand children and mine will be to busy trying to deal with the £1200 billion the Tories have put their name to up to now, in twelve years, sheep, and outside of dealing with covid nothing much to show for it.
And what do we have to show for the banking crisis and Bliars PFI?  that'll be nowt.....except the debt.
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

Sheepy

Quote from: Good old on January 17, 2022, 05:50:41 PM
Your great grand children and mine will be to busy trying to deal with the £120 billion the Tories have put their name to up to now, in twelve years, sheep, and outside of dealing with covid nothing much to show for it.

Thats as maybe but it still doesn't excuse Blair and the Labour party for their part. It just proves what I keep saying they all say the same things just with different words.

Good old

Quote from: Sheepy on January 17, 2022, 05:20:17 PM
Which true to a degree but Blair expanded on it massively with his chums the bankers which even my great grandchildren will never stop paying the debt.
Your great grand children and mine will be to busy trying to deal with the £1200 billion the Tories have put their name to up to now, in twelve years, sheep, and outside of dealing with covid nothing much to show for it.

Sheepy

Quote from: Good old on January 17, 2022, 05:05:04 PM
You are wrong about who brought PFI into use. The Tories most certainly did, one John Major, brought it into use.
The Labour Party, carried on with its use,. Heavily critiqued now, because some of the many separate arrangements made by individual local governments and health authorities were poorly arranged and did result in excessive cost.
But  if full consideration is given to the fact that the money it raised virtually rebuilt the Victorian, infrastructure of our NHS, nationwide then it was not all bad. The Tories renamed it, when they got back in power and still used it . PFI bad, but not if you change its name.

Which true to a degree but Blair expanded on it massively with his chums the bankers which even my great grandchildren will never stop paying the debt. 

Good old

Quote from: Sheepy on January 17, 2022, 09:11:41 AM
The Tories for all of their faults didn't introduce PFI your crew did, so again rather than avoid the problem and pretend it will go away, how is it working out? because for sure it won't fix itself. 

You are wrong about who brought PFI into use. The Tories most certainly did, one John Major, brought it into use.
The Labour Party, carried on with its use,. Heavily critiqued now, because some of the many separate arrangements made by individual local governments and health authorities were poorly arranged and did result in excessive cost.
But  if full consideration is given to the fact that the money it raised virtually rebuilt the Victorian, infrastructure of our NHS, nationwide then it was not all bad. The Tories renamed it, when they got back in power and still used it . PFI bad, but not if you change its name.

Sheepy

B0ycey

Quote from: Sheepy on January 17, 2022, 09:19:20 AM
I am not talking about the Tories and stop swerving, I am asking how PFI is working out?

Shit Sheepy, because the Tories keep handing more contracts out. I don't understand why you are struggling to understand who is sitting in Westminster right now. And who has had over a decade to sort the shit out. We might as well mention Bevan while we are at it and explain why the NHS even exists if you want to keep on bringing up old scores. And many in Labour don't support Blair anyway.