Boris had a 20% lead

Started by Barry, January 13, 2022, 12:47:59 PM

« previous - next »

Borchester

Quote from: B0ycey on January 13, 2022, 05:27:36 PM
Who exactly are the Tories? The red wall who voted for Brexit? Workers on a cost of living crisis? Pensioners who love their NHS and Covid rules? 200 year constituencies who vote Lib Dems? The only Tory out there are Snooty shits that have more money than they can spend and those wankers are the 1%. Conservatives have a third of the number of members compared to Labour and their success in the last election was because they were the only party who sat on the leave ticket. So I suspect the Tories were f**ked in the next election in any case when the red wall turned red again. But I digest, we only need to look at the polling figures to see the "Tories" are going to vote Starmer. So if you don't like that, I suggest you bang the Johnson must quit drum and hope a suitable candidate replaces him.

Anyone who wants to run his or her own life and doesn't want to be patronised by some arsehole from either Islington or the BBC. That said and as Good Old has pointed out, the Tory voters don't need to switch allegiance to Labour, all they need do is stay at home.

Algerie Francais !

B0ycey

Quote from: Nick on January 13, 2022, 05:05:30 PM
You're forgetting one crucial point, who the alternative is, Starmer!! And no Tory will vote for him.
Who exactly are the Tories? The red wall who voted for Brexit? Workers on a cost of living crisis? Pensioners who love their NHS and Covid rules? 200 year constituencies who vote Lib Dems? The only Tory out there are Snooty shits that have more money than they can spend and those wankers are the 1%. Conservatives have a third of the number of members compared to Labour and their success in the last election was because they were the only party who sat on the leave ticket. So I suspect the Tories were fucked in the next election in any case when the red wall turned red again. But I digest, we only need to look at the polling figures to see the "Tories" are going to vote Starmer. So if you don't like that, I suggest you bang the Johnson must quit drum and hope a suitable candidate replaces him.

Good old

Quote from: Nick on January 13, 2022, 05:05:30 PM
You're forgetting one crucial point, who the alternative is, Starmer!! And no Tory will vote for him.

And you forget they don't have to. Just don't vote Tory.

Nick

Quote from: B0ycey on January 13, 2022, 03:34:35 PM
Johnson won't wiggle out of this, I don't care how many years there are till the next election. Those most angry are the age demographic who happen to vote.

He became PM on a one issue ticket, that ticket is over and now he is toxic. If he stays Starmer wins, hence why Starmer never asks for his resignation despite the weekly scandals. If he quits the Tories might be able to regain ground in three years to get a majority again perhaps. We will see what happens in the coming months but ask yourself one thing, do you think you will be forgetting this week in a hurry?
You're forgetting one crucial point, who the alternative is, Starmer!! And no Tory will vote for him.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

B0ycey

Quote from: Good old on January 13, 2022, 03:48:46 PM
I really hope he doesn't, but I'm well long in tooth. And have found myself astounded at the way the population ,have at times completely ignored the obvious regarding this man suitability for office. I will not forget in a hurry, I hope those that have been prepared to support him will see the errors in their judgement and no longer do so.
It's really worrying that so much of his party are happy to be tarred with the same brush as him it would seem, as they continue to support the indefensible .
Indeed. Forget Labours 10pt lead which was polled BEFORE Johnsons apology, 85% of voters think he is doing a bad job and over a third of Tory members think he should resign over this. Those figures suggest this story won't be forgotten whilst Johnson remains PM and anyone who thinks he can wiggle out of this can only be described as a the ultimate optimist. This story seems different to all the others like his flat decorations, racial slurs or Italian wine insults, it seems the public don't like being gaslighted or taken for fools over Covid rules. I do think Johnson will quit next week after the Gray report. But if he doesn't the Tories are dead. Certainly in the locals. I suspect also in the general too. People do not forget really bad leaders. We still talk about Blair and Thatcher and the Iraq war and poll tax etc etc etc. You think we won't be taking about partygate in three years? No chance. Or not whilst Johnson remains in office to remind us of it in any case.

Borchester

Quote from: Good old on January 13, 2022, 03:54:18 PM
A party, a drink, and a laugh, at all those silly sods, that were following his advice and obeying the rules whilst helplessly experiencing the lose of those dear to them, without being able to get near. Why? Because the piss artist said  so.

Sounds good and that is probably why I will vote for him.

Meanwhile you will vote for Starmer because he will outlaw fun and send the Commissars round to make sure you drink your Lemsip.

Oh brave new world! Oh bollocks.
Algerie Francais !

Good old

Quote from: Borchester on January 13, 2022, 03:46:36 PM
Good. One thing that Partygate has shown is that Boris likes a party, drink and a laugh.

There is no evidence that Sir Keir likes much of anything other than being a glum bugger

A party, a drink, and a laugh, at all those silly sods, that were following his advice and obeying the rules whilst helplessly experiencing the lose of those dear to them, without being able to get near. Why? Because the piss artist said  so.

Good old

Quote from: B0ycey on January 13, 2022, 03:34:35 PM
Johnson won't wiggle out of this, I don't care how many years there are till the next election. Those most angry are the age demographic who happen to vote.

He became PM on a one issue ticket, that ticket is over and now he is toxic. If he stays Starmer wins, hence why Starmer never asks for his resignation despite the weekly scandals. If he quits the Tories might be able to regain ground in three years to get a majority again perhaps. We will see what happens in the coming months but ask yourself one thing, do you think you will be forgetting this week in a hurry?
I really hope he doesn't, but I'm well long in tooth. And have found myself astounded at the way the population ,have at times completely ignored the obvious regarding this man suitability for office. I will not forget in a hurry, I hope those that have been prepared to support him will see the errors in their judgement and no longer do so.
It's really worrying that so much of his party are happy to be tarred with the same brush as him it would seem, as they continue to support the indefensible .

Borchester

Quote from: Good old on January 13, 2022, 03:19:29 PM
He will wriggle out of it , if the nation has the same grasp of common decency as he has.
And I have to say that it would not surprise me, if that proved to be a close run thing.

Good. One thing that Partygate has shown is that Boris likes a party, drink and a laugh.

There is no evidence that Sir Keir likes much of anything other than being a glum bugger
Algerie Francais !

B0ycey

Quote from: Good old on January 13, 2022, 03:19:29 PM
He will wriggle out of it , if the nation has the same grasp of common decency as he has.
And I have to say that it would not surprise me, if that proved to be a close run thing.

Good old

Quote from: Borchester on January 13, 2022, 03:06:20 PM
I don't think Starmer does laughter. And if there is one thing the Brothers and Sisters are good at, it is election losing f**k ups.

Christ knows how Boris will wriggle out of this, but he is a cunning little sod so you never can tell.

And I have to say that it would not surprise me, if that proved to be a close run thing.

Borchester

Quote from: Barry on January 13, 2022, 12:47:59 PM
and to use one of his words, he's spaffed it up the wall.

Labour 38
Cons 28

Starmer must be laughing.

I don't think Starmer does laughter. And if there is one thing the Brothers and Sisters are good at, it is election losing F@@@ ups.

Christ knows how Boris will wriggle out of this, but he is a cunning little sod so you never can tell.
Algerie Francais !

Barry

Quote from: Nick on January 13, 2022, 02:53:47 PM
This is just a short term blip and we are 3 years from a GE.
Local elections will be a big test.
You might be right. A new leader and a change of direction back to true Conservatism might help them.

Whatever they do will probably be a bit late to save the local elections. If Labour can't do well in May, they never will.
† The end is nigh †

Nick

Quote from: Barry on January 13, 2022, 12:47:59 PM
and to use one of his words, he's spaffed it up the wall.

Labour 38
Cons 28

Starmer must be laughing.
This is just a short term blip and we are 3 years from a GE. 
Local elections will be a big test. 
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

B0ycey

If the Tories want better polling figures then they have to sort their own shit out. Start with getting Johnson out and see where that takes them. Because I may well not be a huge Starmer fan, he is better than Johnson and as such I would be happy to vote for him as PM if the status quo continues much longer.

Labour maybe heading for Blairism but the Tories are on planet F@@@ up and this country needs to get on the right tracks yesterday. I suspect Scotland can expect more drive towards independence as the SNP are actually a credible alternative and Mogg thought it was ok to insult his own Scottish leader (as if the Scots are lightweights). Are we to think that kind of rhetoric is ok? F@@@ that. Get Starmer in and then Long Bailey. And if not get Scottish independence and let Westminster turn to dust and look at what they lost in order to keep a man with a shitty haircut in his job. I cannot see another way. And thankfully the polls suggest that as well. The only problem is we can't wait three years for the public to sort Westminster out for themselves.