Boris had a 20% lead

Started by Barry, January 13, 2022, 12:47:59 PM

« previous - next »

Good old

Quote from: Barry on January 13, 2022, 12:47:59 PM
and to use one of his words, he's spaffed it up the wall.

Labour 38
Cons 28

Starmer must be laughing.

I dare say Starmer, is not unhappy. What a shame it took electing a one issue chancer to bring Starmer into the picture without having to do much at all. I am not crowing , and behind the scenes neither are a good many in the Labour camp, we are in a mess that no one will clean up without getting their hands really dirty.
Some of us predicted this. It only goes to show how dangerous it is politically, to put all your eggs in one basket.
And as time has explained , that's what was done when electing Boris, he didn't have the gravitas, let alone ability to run this country through a difficult time. it doesn't mean Brexit has to be a bad move. We will see on that. The problem being Boris, is so linked to Brexit there are a good many close to  the fence on that , that will reconsider Boris, and Brexit.

srb7677

Quote from: Barry on January 13, 2022, 12:47:59 PMand to use one of his words, he's spaffed it up the wall.

Labour 38
Cons 28

Indeed. Whilst offering nothing of any real worth Starmer's lot are surging ahead just by sitting there being a bit less shit than the Tories.

The Tories need to start being a bit less shit to turn things around. Getting rid of Boris is now essential for that to be able to happen.

Cards on the table here. I do not want Starmer's Labour to win. If that happens the Blairite line about having to be in the centre or centre right to win will become the accepted wisdom of all those well heeled Guardianistas in the media, and become something of an established fact in the minds of those who remain in the Labour party. This will simply make the struggle for anything truly progressive in this country so much harder. Overturning some of the worst evils of the Thatcherite status quo will be harder than ever. We on the left need Labour to do badly, as the first step in building something genuinely progressive to replace it, something that addresses the concerns of the struggling millions. Even if that means Tory government in the meantime.

This puts me in a curious position. I actually want to see the Tories get their act together. Because the destruction of Blairism is essential in order to replace it with some offer of meaningful change. That is not going to happen if the Tories themselves feck it all up so badly that they gift Starmer a wholly underserved poll lead. So like the Tories here I actually want the Tories to do what they have to do to become once more a force that can destroy the Blairites.
We are not all in the same boat. We are in the same storm. Some of us have yachts. Some of us have canoes. Some of us are drowning.

Barry

and to use one of his words, he's spaffed it up the wall.

Labour 38
Cons 28

† The end is nigh †