Prince Andrew stripped of military titles and patronages, Queen announces

Started by Borchester, January 13, 2022, 09:39:21 PM

« previous - next »

johnofgwent

Quote from: Borchester on January 13, 2022, 09:39:21 PM
Bloody hell, the old girl has thrown a strop

The Duke of York has been stripped of all military titles and patronages and will no longer use his HRH title, Buckingham Palace has said.

Henceforth he will be addressed in court circles as "The Andrew Formerly Known As Prince"
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

papasmurf

Quote from: Good old on January 14, 2022, 10:15:23 AM
Until this lady puts evidence on the table we don't know if this is mostly just another rip off.

Quite, she has as yet not even given specific dates and times. The one thing that is known but is not always public domain is where the Royal Family are at any given date and time. It will all be logged and recorded somewhere as will the protection squad duty rosters.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

srb7677

This action pretty much had to be taken to seperate the monarchy from any reputational damage coming in at Andrew.
We are not all in the same boat. We are in the same storm. Some of us have yachts. Some of us have canoes. Some of us are drowning.

Good old

Until this lady puts evidence on the table we don't know if this is mostly just another rip off.
The problem being , that no matter the truth of her allegations, the shite is on the blanket regardless. Andrews biggest problem is he was in the locations, in question, with the people this lady and others have already brought down. Epstein, who was the associate of presidents, ambassadors, Princes, was such a big hitter in the world  of commerce, the the whole diplomatic world must have known what his life style was. So a big question has to be. Why put a prince of the realm in there?  In effect why put the Royal family in there.? No wonder he has been stripped .This lady and her backers can't tar the Royal family now.

Streetwalker

Quote from: cromwell on January 14, 2022, 07:29:47 AM
He's always played on his royal status demanded and got preferential treatment barked and bullied in his typical "I'm a royal prince and you peasant will treat me as such" his interview on tv was like him a disaster.

He is portrayed as a paedophile,he isn't but his behaviour is at best abysmal he just saw a young woman as another freebie he thought himself entitled to take.
As a Prince I guess most of us would play on it to some extent . If people want to give you preferential treatment over the masses that's their lookout . The game is up though  when you take/demand  rather than be given and it does appear the second son has gone down that road .
The interview as you say was a car crash and it would look like he has questions to answer but Im not sure where this story goes if he just hides under his four poster and tells his manservant to fetch another glass of Mumm

papasmurf

It appears to me the Queen knows for certain what is pure speculation by others.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

cromwell

Quote from: T00ts on January 13, 2022, 10:11:20 PM
My immediate reaction was that he had finally confessed to the family and they have taken action to limit his access to the family wealth as well as the royal title. Has Harry been instrumental in opening the gates in the USA to the feeling that the Royals are fair game?

Where were Andrew's minders in all this. They must surely have known what was happening. Why wasn't he reeled in years ago?
He's always played on his royal status demanded and got preferential treatment barked and bullied in his typical "I'm a royal prince and you peasant will treat me as such" his interview on tv was like him a disaster.

He is portrayed as a paedophile,he isn't but his behaviour is at best abysmal he just saw a young woman as another freebie he thought himself entitled to take.
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

T00ts

My immediate reaction was that he had finally confessed to the family and they have taken action to limit his access to the family wealth as well as the royal title. Has Harry been instrumental in opening the gates in the USA to the feeling that the Royals are fair game?

Where were Andrew's minders in all this. They must surely have known what was happening. Why wasn't he reeled in years ago?

Sheepy

Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

Good old

Quote from: Borchester on January 13, 2022, 09:39:21 PM
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/royal-family/2022/01/13/prince-andrew-stripped-military-titles-patronages-queen-announces/

The Duke of York has been stripped of all military titles and patronages and will no longer use his HRH title, Buckingham Palace has said.
He will continue to defend his sexual abuse case as a "private citizen," declaring it a "marathon not a sprint."
A Buckingham Palace spokesperson said: "With the Queen's approval and agreement, the Duke of York's military affiliations and Royal patronages have been returned to The Queen.
"The Duke of York will continue not to undertake any public duties and is defending this case as a private citizen."

It gets the Royal family out of it by and large, all the time he held HRH, there was the inference that his accuser was fighting the Royal house.
This has hit him hard for sure, but all the time he retained his title, not only was his position untenable but to a degree in the eyes of the world British, royalty, was little better off.
One things for sure the powers that be should think long and hard before ever exposing any Royal again to the dark and devious world of international intrigue that accompanies world trade.

Borchester

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/royal-family/2022/01/13/prince-andrew-stripped-military-titles-patronages-queen-announces/

He will continue to defend his sexual abuse case as a "private citizen," declaring it a "marathon not a sprint."
A Buckingham Palace spokesperson said: "With the Queen's approval and agreement, the Duke of York's military affiliations and Royal patronages have been returned to The Queen.
"The Duke of York will continue not to undertake any public duties and is defending this case as a private citizen."

Algerie Francais !