New Party - True and Fair

Started by T00ts, January 13, 2022, 10:19:06 PM

« previous - next »

Thomas

keir starmer says you can get a sense of what a labour future uk wide holds by looking at wales.

:D

I facking fell off my chair reading that there.
An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

Thomas

Quote from: B0ycey on January 15, 2022, 07:15:35 PM
I guess the SNP, like UKIP, was a party behind an agenda and had time and backers to grow @Thomas. This is the first I have heard of this party and we have had plenty of attempts to form new parties fail. Given there is already an EU supporting party I don't see much success for True and Fair. I don't even see her contesting more than one seat.

No votes off Starmer I'm afraid.
you hope you mean. A party can be politically damaged in many ways.

Just look at farage and how he damaged to the tories without much electoral success at westminter. By merely putting pressure on the tory vote regarding euroscepticism , he frightened cameron enough to offer a brexit referendum which he lost , and forced the tories to do a volte face as a party of remain to leave. Farage still sits i nthe background terrifying many tories and watching them in case they renege on brexit.

Millar could damage labour in many many ways im thinking , but i agree , it does look pretty doubtfull , but we can but hope.

Labours problem in modern politics is they are like the old dog you cant teach any new tricks. They cant deal with the two elephants in the room , scot indy and brexit , and starmer has pissed off a lot of the left wing activists i nthe party that he has lost thousands of memebrs and labour are close to bankruptcy.

All in all , another remain party in the political mix could well be very good news for those of us who hate labour and dont want them anywhere near any sort of power.

I might bung gina a few quid myself to help her new party out. Im sure boris could spare a few quid into the bargain.

Three cheers for gina.:D

B0ycey

I guess the SNP, like UKIP, was a party behind an agenda and had time and backers to grow @Thomas. This is the first I have heard of this party and we have had plenty of attempts to form new parties fail. Given there is already an EU supporting party I don't see much success for True and Fair. I don't even see her contesting more than one seat. 

No votes off Starmer I'm afraid.

Thomas

Quote from: B0ycey on January 15, 2022, 06:53:13 PM
Gina Miller won't take any votes away from anyone simply because this party is a non starter.
i mind when they said that about the snp.

As is said earlier , people like you all through history have been saying breaking the status quo is a non starter , and all through history the status quo has been smashed and replaced.

Some people just cant accept change or progression. If millar damages starmer in just a few seats in terms of votes , it could very well make or break the election for him .

im cheering her on.

Thomas

Quote from: johnofgwent on January 15, 2022, 06:45:23 PM
I can't see how she would do that. She has no policies, apart from the one that we must assume she will follow from her past, which is re-entry to the EU at any cost.

thats what im talking about , remain votes.

the liberals and snp stance on remain in 2019 did massive damage to starmers crappy brexit policy , so hopefully gina will carry on where they left off and add to the mix to dilute starmers votes.

QuoteLabour lost because they sat on the fence and zombiefied a parliament after swearing they would honour the votes of the people, which lost labour the red wall
totally agree with your overall message here , but the snp took scotlands remain votes largely , and the liberals damaged labour to a lesser extent  in england. The tories took england leave voters largely , and all these factors hammered starmers generalship and his puppet corbyn in 2019.

The emergence of this latest party shows the continued need for an end to the two party stitch up , wether she is successfull or not short term isnt the point.

QuoteI can't see any justification for your hopes at all.
maybe not john , but im a glass half full sort of guy , and hope gina takes southern english remain votes , the english red wall sticks two figners to starmer and scotlands uslterised politics continue to wreak havoc with labour  , so its a win win for labour haters and a lose lose for labour  party i think.

B0ycey

Gina Miller won't take any votes away from anyone simply because this party is a non starter. We already have a national UK wide EU supporting party which are called The Liberal Democrats. If the rejoining the EU is her aim she should consider becoming a member of them. She has the credentials to be an MP candidate for any seat of her choosing and at this moment in time the Lib Dems are taking huge sways of votes off the Tories in rural constituencies.

The Lib Dems. The party to watch in the Local Elections.

johnofgwent

Quote from: Thomas on January 15, 2022, 06:27:31 PM
hopefully she takes plenty votes off of labour , especially with starmers puerile attempt at fence sitting on brexit when we all know what he plans to do. For those who dont , hopefully gina takes remain votes off of labour.

Good luck to her is what i say.
I can't see how she would do that. She has no policies, apart from the one that we must assume she will follow from her past, which is re-entry to the EU at any cost.

Labour lost because they sat on the fence and zombiefied a parliament after swearing they would honour the votes of the people, which lost labour the red wall

She may take the remainers from both left and right but I suspect that will hit both partiers albeit possibly in unequal measure.

I can't see any justification for your hopes at all.
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

Thomas

Quote from: Good old on January 14, 2022, 11:24:42 AM
As Sheepy says somewhere else. Just another messiah. Politically talking it is a messiah, that's needed. Don't think this is more than another false alarm though.
hopefully she takes plenty votes off of labour , especially with starmers puerile attempt at fence sitting on brexit when we all know what he plans to do. For those who dont , hopefully gina takes remain votes off of labour.

Good luck to her is what i say.

HDQQ

I can't see True and Fair going any further than:

Change UK
The Reform Party
Veritas
Alba
Respect

etc. etc.
Formerly known as Hyperduck Quack Quack.
I might not be an expert but I do know enough to correct you when you're wrong!

johnofgwent

Quote from: Barry on January 14, 2022, 04:18:31 PM
Tumbleweed crisp packets. Totally irrelevant.

https://unherd.com/2022/01/farewell-then-gina-miller/

Oh my word that writer deserves whatever the hell writers get when actors get Oscars. What a magnificent find.
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

johnofgwent

I see the party website is dedicated to the Bob Geldof school of "give us your fucking money and we will put some policies up here when we've sobered up"

Barry

† The end is nigh †

Good old

As Sheepy says somewhere else. Just another messiah. Politically talking it is a messiah, that's needed. Don't think this is more than another false alarm though.

srb7677

For any new party to gain traction at all it needs a number of things.

An agenda that addresses the concerns of large numbers of people mostly forgotten right now, to give it a viable base of support amongst the electorate.

Media outlets - either TV, radio, newsprint, or online - willing to publicise it.

It needs a potential large membership ready to join.

It needs funding, either from that large membership paying their dues or from donors or unions or whatever.

And ideally it could do with support from a few sitting MPs in parliament who might be inclined to defect to it.

I thus far see little likelihood of any of that being the case with this new party thus far.
We are not all in the same boat. We are in the same storm. Some of us have yachts. Some of us have canoes. Some of us are drowning.

cromwell

Quote from: T00ts on January 13, 2022, 10:19:06 PM
Gina Miller starts the ball rolling with her new party and according to some there are others likely to follow. More of a phut- phut than a blaze of glory but anyone rushing to join?

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10398131/Anti-Brexit-campaigner-Gina-Miller-launches-political-party-True-Fair-room.html

True and Fair  - I really can't imagine a less dynamic name and answering the telephone will be so awkward and terribly girly.
Sounds like a crap magazine title.
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?