The long march of the moaners

Started by Baron von Lotsov, December 24, 2019, 05:22:38 AM

« previous - next »

cromwell

Quote from: "Hyperduck Quack Quack" post_id=11274 time=1577187997 user_id=103
Since the original post on this thread is a prime example of moaning, it can only get better as it goes on . . .

. . . Unless So-and So,  Whassis Name or Guess Who decide to post replies, that is!

So my question is this:  Does moaning about 'moaning' count as moaning in itself?

Dunno,probably tell you tomorrow moaning ;)
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

Hyperduck Quack Quack

Since the original post on this thread is a prime example of moaning, it can only get better as it goes on . . .

. . . Unless So-and So,  Whassis Name or Guess Who decide to post replies, that is!

So my question is this:  Does moaning about 'moaning' count as moaning in itself?

Borchester

Quote from: cromwell post_id=11252 time=1577173668 user_id=48
Allegedly football is our national sport,but it's moaning really. :cry:

:D  :D

During WWII laws were passed against spreading what was called alarm and despondency. They did not appear to have been widely enforced, largely because as George Orwell said, the British were game enough and could be relied upon to see things through, but that they were such arch moaners that they did not realise they were doing it.
Algerie Francais !

cromwell

Allegedly football is our national sport,but it's moaning really. :cry:
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

papasmurf

Quote from: "Baron von Lotsov" post_id=11249 time=1577164958 user_id=74

Now this was somewhat reminiscent of my time reading Daily Mail reader's comments.

Good grief, that is enough to drive anyone to despair. It is very worrying that so many nasty bastards exist.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Baron von Lotsov

I left a comment on Youtube a few days back, then I came back to it to see if anyone had noticed, and I noticed that they had not. It was one of those FT broadcasts about the future of science after Brexit.

Well my comment was kind of upbeat, like what are we going to do to continue science and this and that. Then I look at the other comments, and quite frankly I could hardly believe my eyes. The more moaning someone did the higher the score. I went through many posts and saw a strong correlation between extremity of moan and score. Where anyone had said anything like 'we'll pull through' or words to that effect, they were completely ignored, like I was.

Now this was somewhat reminiscent of my time reading Daily Mail reader's comments. It was a hobby of mine for a while, but I've gotta say this, it is this damn country which moans. You go and chat to someone of another nationality and there's a good chance they will be pretty positive and interested to hear what people say, but this country is the damn pits. It's so bad it is like pathetic. I mean like a bunch of woosy children where they had teacher take  their lollypops away. They like to insult the leaders, and all and sundry, but the thing is that I'm thinking, however bad the chap was who is the cause of their angst, I could see they would make a bigger cock-up. Then I wonder what is the point. What is the point in moaning your whole life away? I've given up knowing a ton of people in my life who spend 24/7 moaning. Life is just too short. We all have a moan from time to time, but all the time is just mental.

Even the scientists on the programme were complaining. None had anything positive to say. I chat to tons of science/engineer types and they are always upbeat. That's why I like em!
<t>Hong Kingdom: addicted to democrazy opium from Brit</t>