Oh dear, never mind.

Started by Nick, January 14, 2022, 05:41:52 PM

« previous - next »

Good old

Quote from: johnofgwent on January 15, 2022, 10:12:50 AM
Er no, he's not "equating" anything. He's highlighting the continued imbalance between the punishments meted out to those outside the Westminster bubble for actions identical to those taken by those inside on both sides of the chamber without penalty. And no payment of any sort has been extracted from the latter nor have any been refunded to those punished.

At least the Queen mother had the sense when the Luftwaffe took a piece off Buckingham Palace to turn it into a statement that until then she had felt unable to look an East Ender in the face but now these Nazi Bastard's have bombed MY home we really ARE all in it together.

Utter bullshit of course they only chipped some stonework and broke a few windows but they HAD hoped to do much worse and that was what mattered.

No politician active in the 21st century ever got close to that level of successful "all in it togetherness"...

The simple fact is that ,Starmer, was not considered to have broken any rules. If Nick, in his own world thinks he did. Then compared with the partying in Downing Street ,this  was no more than a parking ticket in rule breaking terms. If it is a question of how squeaky clean our politicians are or not, I think that's another thread, or should be.

johnofgwent

Quote from: Good old on January 14, 2022, 07:47:31 PM
Nick, your trying to equate, a parking ticket ,with driving with no insurance. And to make it worse for you the ticket was paid ages ago it's old news

Er no, he's not "equating" anything. He's highlighting the continued imbalance between the punishments meted out to those outside the Westminster bubble for actions identical to those taken by those inside on both sides of the chamber without penalty. And no payment of any sort has been extracted from the latter nor have any been refunded to those punished.

At least the Queen mother had the sense when the Luftwaffe took a piece off Buckingham Palace to turn it into a statement that until then she had felt unable to look an East Ender in the face but now these Nazi Bastard's have bombed MY home we really ARE all in it together.

Utter bullshit of course they only chipped some stonework and broke a few windows but they HAD hoped to do much worse and that was what mattered.

No politician active in the 21st century ever got close to that level of successful "all in it togetherness"...
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

Sheepy

Quote from: Good old on January 15, 2022, 10:05:46 AM
Simple answer . NO. This picture came out last year. , it was explained as what it was a break in an office meeting with the correct number of people present. It was never judged to be breaking rules, or worse breaking law.
I mean people like you  that will not accept they have been backing a disaster of a PM. And now try to support the unsupportable.

Either way with the Westminster party you are backing a disaster in waiting. 
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

Good old

Quote from: Nick on January 15, 2022, 07:00:06 AM
You can equate as many law breaking as you like, they are still offences.
People like me?? I assume you mean people who dislike Labour? At the last count there were more than disliked the Tories.
Simple question, did Starmer break the rules? Yes or no.
Simple answer . NO. This picture came out last year. , it was explained as what it was a break in an office meeting with the correct number of people present. It was never judged to be breaking rules, or worse breaking law.
I mean people like you  that will not accept they have been backing a disaster of a PM. And now try to support the unsupportable.

Nick

Nick, your trying to equate, a parking ticket ,with driving with no insurance. And to make it worse for you the ticket was paid ages ago it's old news ,it didn't exactly cause more than a ripple then and it is no more than a pathetic rehash by the Mail, that is nothing other than a straw for people like yourself to grasp. I think your wrong about the rules, mate. But then it looks like you have the same grasp of them as the PM
You can equate as many law breaking as you like, they are still offences. 
People like me?? I assume you mean people who dislike Labour? At the last count there were more than disliked the Tories. 
Simple question, did Starmer break the rules? Yes or no. 
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Sheepy

LOL do I feel a little finger pointing going on? I hear on the grapevine the Queen is simmering on the verge of overheating. 
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

Borchester

Nick, your trying to equate, a parking ticket ,with driving with no insurance.

No it ain't. Horrible as he is, Boris has a huge store of goodwill to call on. With the Brothers and Sisters it is hard to feel that they are really annoyed because they weren't invited.

Dunno how Bojo will bounce back from this, but he is Boris so he well might.
Algerie Francais !

Good old

Quote from: Nick on January 14, 2022, 07:38:14 PM
No it's not, It's down to meeting in accordance with the rules and Starmer broke the rules also. Just cause he didn't 'Drink so much', how you know how much was drank at #10 I don't know. Music and dancing is not against the rule either, you're the one clutching at straws.

No wonder Starmer was reluctant to go for Boris's throat, he knew what was coming.
Nick, your trying to equate, a parking ticket ,with driving with no insurance. And to make it worse for you the ticket was paid ages ago it's old news ,it didn't exactly cause more than a ripple then and it is no more than a pathetic rehash by the Mail, that is nothing other than a straw for people like yourself to grasp. I think your wrong about the rules, mate. But then it looks like you have the same grasp of them as the PM

Barry

The thing with smart phones is they can store stuff for years until the opportune moment comes along. However, this does have the smell of tit for tat, and they have at least 13 parties to catch up on. 
What's the date on the rather poor Starmer pic?
† The end is nigh †

Nick

Quote from: Good old on January 14, 2022, 07:06:10 PM
No it's the difference between a break for refreshment in a work setting and a piss up with music and dancing going on into the early hours. Nick, what's ridiculous is trying to defend the fact that these parties have happened. And are completely out of order.  If they had stuck at a quick half at lunch. They would be clean now. But they didn't and they are now queuing up to say they didn't.
No it's not, It's down to meeting in accordance with the rules and Starmer broke the rules also. Just cause he didn't 'Drink so much', how you know how much was drank at #10 I don't know. Music and dancing is not against the rule either, you're the one clutching at straws. 

No wonder Starmer was reluctant to go for Boris's throat, he knew what was coming. 
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Good old

It's amazing in some ways. Certainly many people I know of who supported Boris, rather admired and liked his rakish personality, good time  sort of  guy, likes a laugh , wouldn't mind having a pint with him. Sounds like the likeable toff in the village pub. It's now transpired that's all he ever was.

papasmurf

Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Good old

Quote from: Nick on January 14, 2022, 06:45:38 PM
Oh, so it's down to how many glasses of wine drunk and how many sandwiches eaten at a venue then is it? That's a ridiculous attempt at a defence.
No it's the difference between a break for refreshment in a work setting and a piss up with music and dancing going on into the early hours. Nick, what's ridiculous is trying to defend the fact that these parties have happened. And are completely out of order.  If they had stuck at a quick half at lunch. They would be clean now. But they didn't and they are now queuing up to say they didn't.

B0ycey

Meh, wasn't this just a drink at work. It was brushed off as nothing at the time it came to light and I can't really see it mattering now given the reason for Johnsons downfall right now isn't so much that he broke the rules but set the rules and thought he was above them. 

Good old

Quote from: Borchester on January 14, 2022, 06:42:41 PM
Of course there wasn't any dancing into the night. Starmer is a fully paid up member of the Dreary Bastards club. You only have to look at the pathetic git to realise that the reason his classmates stuck his head down the toilet was because the sad sod clearly enjoyed it.

As said, Bojo is well buggered, but I imagine that he will manage to land one or two thumps on the Brothers and Sisters on the way out.

He may well do. He has taken his own party down, without showing much regret. He is probably seriously looking around his office for others to take the can right now. I get the feeling that's the kind of character he is. And let's face it it's obvious he is scratching around for ammunition to Blast  Starmer with.  Maybe he would do better right now trying to shut Cummings, up?