Leave means leave: Has Boris betrayed us over fishing?

Started by HallowedBrexit, January 15, 2022, 08:28:28 AM

« previous - next »

srb7677

Quote from: Barry on January 17, 2022, 09:50:59 AM
Hallowed Brexit will recognise the British stiff upper lip which will make us leaders over Europe once again.
I fail to see how being all anally retentive, ie stiff upper lipped, is going to make any difference either way. Nor do I see how we are all suddenly going to revert back to such a mindset.

As for being leaders over Europe, there is little sign of that. Most of them think of us as a laughing stock right now.
We are not all in the same boat. We are in the same storm. Some of us have yachts. Some of us have canoes. Some of us are drowning.

Barry

Quote from: Streetwalker on January 17, 2022, 08:45:59 AM
Brixham fish market has £43m 'record year' of landings - BBC News

We can take this as a win then ?
OK, we didn't get the best deal over our own fisheries, but, as always, British ingenuity finds a way and works around the system for everyone's good.
The EU clearly want us to fail now that we have left the club. Lord Frost has said as much. We will continue to work around the EU stumbling blocks. We will also find a way round the N.I. stumbling block.
Hallowed Brexit will recognise the British stiff upper lip which will make us leaders over Europe once again.
† The end is nigh †

papasmurf

Quote from: Streetwalker on January 17, 2022, 08:45:59 AM
Brixham fish market has £43m 'record year' of landings - BBC News

We can take this as a win then ?
No really. if you bother to read it in full. The onerous mountain of paperwork is being carried out centrally so more fishing boats are landing there. The increase is due to that.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Nick

Quote from: B0ycey on January 16, 2022, 06:33:43 PM
No conceal means something is covering it. If you can't see something that is what is known as invisible.

As for Brexit, this all began with you saying we are at pre Covid levels. What makes you think we are beyond pre Brexit levels?
Covid occurred before Brexit, so logically it is above pre Brexit levels. If fact it's the highest it's been for over 15 years, does that qualify for pre Brexit?
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Thomas

Quote from: B0ycey on January 16, 2022, 08:07:42 PM
Sure @Thomas, if I could convince hard-core Brexiteers I would be more gentle in my tone, but my aim isn't to do that but have it on record for lurkers that Brexit isn't a success and show them an article or two where they can read up on the clusterfuck it is.

But in any case it should be said that polls suggest there is a movement towards rejoining but not enough to expect EURef2 any time soon.
i doubt very much if the establishment will let anyone go through anymore referendums any time soon after the fright they have had in recent years , narrowly winning in scotland , and losing the all important brexit vote.

With regard to brexit , what  i think more likely to happen is if labour get in under starmer , the gradual signing back up to the EU in all but name only behind closed doors.

Brexit is going to go on for years , and there will be many battles to fight going forward. Neither side is letting go , and opinions are still extremely polarised as i have said in this thread.

I said to you before , the mistake english remainers made was trying to overturn the brexit vote post 2016 before it was implemented , and you hardened the attitudes of the lukewarm against you for being anti democratic.

That is a slur in my opinion many remainers and the likes of key figures like keir starmer are going to find it very very hard to shake off going forward , hence why i believe starmer has too much baggae and will not win the next general election

Brexit isnt a clusterfuck as yet , because as you have already said , no one knows the good the bad and the ugly of it as all has been hidden behind covid for these past two years. Its impossible to quanitfy anything as things stand , and will be for quite some time.
An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

B0ycey

Sure @Thomas, if I could convince hard-core Brexiteers I would be more gentle in my tone, but my aim isn't to do that but have it on record for lurkers that Brexit isn't a success and show them an article or two where they can read up on what a clusterfuck it is.

But in any case it should be said that polls suggest there is a movement towards rejoining but not enough to expect EURef2 any time soon. As long as more people are aware of what Brexit truly means, the quicker a possible referendum could happen. But even so that is independent to BoJo and his fate. However what I will say is his realistic possible successors, one is Truss who voted Remain and the second is an economists who must know the impact of Brexit and want to rectify that with policy and arrangements.

Thomas

Quote from: B0ycey on January 16, 2022, 07:46:36 PM
Getting rid of Johnson has nothing to do with Brexit Thomas. I want him gone because he is useless. Not because that will somehow mean the UK will return back to the EU. I suspect Scotland could be returning before the UK in any case.

ok. I wouldnt say he is any worse or better than any other modern uk leader.  He is good at winning elections though , and was smart enough to see the flaws in labours disasterous campaign in 2019 and take full advantage of it.

QuoteBut even so should I just ignore Brexiteers for spouting nonsense when every single article on the first year of Brexit conclude the same damn thing. Its shit, its costing us trade and we are sending half lorries back over the Channel. And all I get in return is a definition of conceal that makes no sense whatsoever. And why is that? Because Brexiteers are still clinging on to words they heard in 2016 and now repeating them back to me without understanding those words are lies and have nothing to do with reality.
im not saying you should ignore anyone, but you are coming across as lecturing the very people ( your own countrymen) you need to overturn brexit. Telling them they are shit and believe in lies all day long isnt the way to go in my opinion , you are merely hardening attitudes against remain.

Brexiters arent clinging to anything. Again with respect you dont understand why a lot of your own nation voted to leavethe eu , and it wasnt because someone promised them a few quid in their pockets or some post EU utopia.

There were many reason , but mainly , england wanted control over itself , and no control given to foreigners in another country. Until you understand the reasons for brexit , you wont be able to start to deal with them.

B0ycey

Quote from: Thomas on January 16, 2022, 07:27:15 PM
i think boycey it appears like some of your remainer brethern you completely fail to understand why your fellow english voted to leave the EU . You also seem to be making the same mistakes and employing the same tactics of predicting doom gloom and armadeddon  , with a large does of told you so finalised with why won they listen that your remain team has been employing these past 7 years or thereabouts.

Doing the same inept tactics over and over and expecting a different result is as they say the sign of madness.

There also appears to be this strange thought that if you get rid of johnson you can get rid of brexit. You are playing with fire , and i suspect if things proceed as you hope , you could end up with someone even more pro brexit in charge than johnson is and much much more hardcore.
Getting rid of Johnson has nothing to do with Brexit Thomas. I want him gone because he is useless. Not because that will somehow mean the UK will return back to the EU. I suspect Scotland could be returning before the UK in any case.

But even so should I just ignore Brexiteers for spouting nonsense when every single article on the first year of Brexit conclude the same damn thing. Its shit, its costing us trade and we are sending half lorries back over the Channel. And all I get in return is a definition of conceal that makes no sense whatsoever. And why is that? Because Brexiteers are still clinging on to words they heard in 2016 and now repeating them back to me without understanding those words are lies and have nothing to do with reality.

Thomas

Quote from: B0ycey on January 16, 2022, 06:15:14 PM
It means conceal not vanish. But in any case, read the the article. The signs are there but Covid is worse.

As for BoJo, when the lies catch up his fate is sealed. It just happens his lying over partying caught him first.
i think boycey it appears like some of your remainer brethern you completely fail to understand why your fellow english voted to leave the EU . You also seem to be making the same mistakes and employing the same tactics of predicting doom gloom and armadeddon  , with a large does of told you so finalised with why won they listen that your remain team has been employing these past 7 years or thereabouts.

Doing the same inept tactics over and over and expecting a different result is as they say the sign of madness.

There also appears to be this strange thought that if you get rid of johnson you can get rid of brexit. You are playing with fire , and i suspect if things proceed as you hope , you could end up with someone even more pro brexit in charge than johnson is and much much more hardcore.

B0ycey

Quote from: Nick on January 16, 2022, 06:29:59 PM
And concealed means you can't see it. If Brexit was the issue how come the economy is higher than when we were still in the EU?
No conceal means something is covering it. If you can't see something that is what is known as invisible.

As for Brexit, this all began with you saying we are at pre Covid levels. What makes you think we are beyond pre Brexit levels?

Nick

Quote from: B0ycey on January 16, 2022, 06:15:14 PM
It means conceal not vanish. But in any case, read the the article. The signs are there but Covid is worse.

As for BoJo, when the lies catch up his fate is sealed. It just happens his lying over partying caught him first.
And concealed means you can't see it. If Brexit was the issue how come the economy is higher than when we were still in the EU?

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on January 16, 2022, 06:08:42 PM
Your understanding of the English language is shocking. Masked means you can't see it.

As for Boris, you have no clue where he would be if Covid never happened, that's a ridiculous thing to say.

But you just carry on ignoring the above graph.

Without Covid the disaster that is Brexit would have become obvious a lot earlier.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

B0ycey

Quote from: Nick on January 16, 2022, 06:08:42 PM
Your understanding of the English language is shocking. Masked means you can't see it.

Nick

Quote from: B0ycey on January 16, 2022, 04:51:48 PM
What do you think masked Brexit means Nick? It means Brexit is negative to the economy and Covid is even worse.

Covid was Johnsons biggest ally. Without it we wouldn't have had Partygate because he would already be out of office for his Brexit lies.

As for Boris, you have no clue where he would be if Covid never happened, that's a ridiculous thing to say.

But you just carry on ignoring the above graph.