Leave means leave: Has Boris betrayed us over fishing?

Started by HallowedBrexit, January 15, 2022, 08:28:28 AM

« previous - next »

B0ycey

Quote from: Sheepy on January 18, 2022, 05:16:20 PM
Like I have told you all many times, don't underestimate the British people when they have the bit between their teeth, you said all that before the last election and had to be shown then we are having none of it and things won't be any different next time. We are still just biding our time.

Remain vote was the popular vote in 2019. It was just divided between more parties. Had we electoral representation rather than FPTP Johnson wouldn't be PM. But in any case, Brexit was sorted and signed by Mr Brexit Boris Johnson. If people were going to riot over the shitty deal they would already be doing so given the only discussion going on right now between us and the EU is about red tape in Northern Ireland rather than fishing licences. So I don't know what you think is going to happen. The polls suggest remains wins if we had another vote and that is because the more people who wake up and discover they have been lied to are just turning into Europhiles.

Sheepy

Quote from: papasmurf on January 18, 2022, 05:14:52 PM
It is going to get nasty from April onwards, I suspect civil unrest is inevitable.
You and boycey won't be joining in, because you went along with it all, while the rest of us pointed out letting big Pharma run the place was a disaster in waiting and the great reset would be very painful for everyone.
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

Sheepy

Quote from: B0ycey on January 18, 2022, 05:11:51 PM
I think it is more likely people would riot over the cost of living before they will over fish or frozen sausages. Brexit was a lie and as more people wake up, the more the voice of rejoining grows.

BoJos turmoil right now is down to his conduct than his shitty Brexit deal.
Like I have told you all many times, don't underestimate the British people when they have the bit between their teeth, you said all that before the last election and had to be shown then we are having none of it and things won't be any different next time. We are still just biding our time.

papasmurf

Quote from: B0ycey on January 18, 2022, 05:11:51 PM
I think it is more likely people would riot over the cost of living 
It is going to get nasty from April onwards, I suspect civil unrest is inevitable. 
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

B0ycey

Quote from: Sheepy on January 18, 2022, 05:05:59 PM
We is, the majority of voters and nobody is surprised by the Westminster party lies, they are par for the course.

I think it is more likely people would riot over the cost of living before they will over fish or frozen sausages. Brexit was a lie and as more people wake up, the more the voice of rejoining grows.

BoJos turmoil right now is down to his conduct than his shitty Brexit deal.

Sheepy

Quote from: B0ycey on January 18, 2022, 05:00:52 PM
Who is this we?

As I said the Tories are relying on the good will of the EU. Everything was agreed. If you were sold a lie, then what does that say about you?

We is, the majority of voters and nobody is surprised by the Westminster party lies, they are par for the course. 

B0ycey

Quote from: Sheepy on January 18, 2022, 04:57:29 PM
As usual with you new Labour types you are not listening, nothing is agreed until everything is agreed, the Tories only have two years to sort it out or we will.
Who is this we? 

As I said the Tories are relying on the good will of the EU. Everything was agreed. If you were sold a lie, then what does that say about you?

Sheepy

Quote from: B0ycey on January 18, 2022, 04:53:32 PM
What you talking about? The deal was signed. What happened was the deal was a pile of shit and things were getting tied up in the Irish Sea. There was then days of riots and the final straw was the threat to staff checking the goods coming in. At that point it was clear something needed to be done to fix this and Frost was then sent back into talks to sort out his own mess. The EU in theory doesn't need to do anything. It was the UK that didn't understand what they signed up to not them. If you think Truss is currently wooing Sefcovic because we are still trying to sort out the withdrawal agreement then all I can say is you might have lived under a rock two years back.

As usual with you new Labour types you are not listening, nothing is agreed until everything is agreed, the Tories only have two years to sort it out or we will. 

B0ycey

Quote from: Sheepy on January 18, 2022, 04:40:44 PM
No it wasn't or Lord Frost wouldn't have been sent in the first place. Which I can read for myself the majority of voters are not happy with it.

What you talking about? The deal was signed. What happened was the deal was a pile of shit and things were getting tied up in the Irish Sea. There was then days of riots and the final straw was the threat to staff checking the goods coming in. At that point it was clear something needed to be done to fix this and Frost was then sent back into talks to sort out his own mess. The EU in theory doesn't need to do anything. It was the UK that didn't understand what they signed up to not them. If you think Truss is currently wooing Sefcovic because we are still trying to sort out the withdrawal agreement then all I can say is you might have lived under a rock two years back.

Sheepy

Quote from: B0ycey on January 18, 2022, 04:37:46 PM
Funny you write that. Everything was agreed. Now it is about squirming out it seems.
No it wasn't or Lord Frost wouldn't have been sent in the first place. Which I can read for myself the majority of voters are not happy with it. 

B0ycey

Quote from: Sheepy on January 18, 2022, 04:24:30 PM
Stamp your feet all you like; nothing is agreed until everything is agreed.

Funny you write that. Everything was agreed. Now it is about squirming out it seems.

Sheepy

Stamp your feet all you like; nothing is agreed until everything is agreed. 

Nick

Quote from: GerryT on January 18, 2022, 10:44:07 AM
[highlight]So the UK getting back to where it was in feb'20, is a great thing in your books.[/highlight] But compared to the average of all its neighbours its languishing behind, which is not important.

Can you show some details on this fastest growing economy. What period of time are you looking at.

The Eu don't need, or want the UK to suffer. Why on earth would you think that ?  The EU isn't the slight bit interested in what the UK is or isn't doing, other than honouring it's agreements with the EU.
What a ridiculous thing to say, if it was the other way round you'd be using it as evidence for your precious EU.

As for languishing behind the rest, another stupid statement with zero grounds. 

Details of fastest growing G7 economy. U.K. was last year and will still be this year.

I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Streetwalker

Quote from: papasmurf on January 18, 2022, 01:08:41 PM
Streetwalker it was stated in the referenced material that the fishing boat was refused access to Roscoff and was sent to Brest. (That it could not land at Roscoff is no surprise to me, for reasons too numerous to list.)
The fact remains Brexit has imposed massive costs and problems to the Cornish fishing industry.

Frankly I would suggest you do not go to Newlyn and attempt your very ill informed attempts at comedy in any of the pubs by the fish dock.
Been there ,done that . Hardest pub in the UK they called it ,you know the one opposite the Harbour .  Just a bunch of drunk fisherfolk letting off steam , good people that like a laugh . 

GerryT

Quote from: Sheepy on January 18, 2022, 01:50:59 PM
LOL I don't think so and neither do you, you just said so.
I'll spell it out.
The UK agrees a deal with the EU. Both sides spent years discussing this deal and it was lord Frost who was one of the main architects of this deal. It was Johnsons deal, the "Oven Ready" deal.
Now the UK is saying they want to change the terms, that the EU is "punishing" the UK because the UK can't do as it wants. In other words, how dare the EU expect us to do what we said we would, don't they know we're British and we do what we want.
DO you understand now, not getting your own way isn't punishment.

The UK didn't have to sign a deal, nobody twisted their arm. The UK did have to honour an older agreement, in 1998, the good Friday agreement. The EU also expects the UK to honour it's commitments under that agreement.

The UK can ask to sit down with IRL and/or the EU and re-negotiate one or both of these agreements, no guarantee that anything will be changed. There is a misunderstanding going around that Lizz Truss is in renegotiations with the EU, she's not, only in her head.