Leave means leave: Has Boris betrayed us over fishing?

Started by HallowedBrexit, January 15, 2022, 08:28:28 AM

« previous - next »

papasmurf

Quote from: Barry on January 18, 2022, 08:10:39 PM
The prophet of doom said Jan 1st would be doom day. It's been postponed. 
It was doom day for a significant number of local fishermen, who are now out of a job.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Thomas

Quote from: B0ycey on January 18, 2022, 05:43:51 PM
All I am saying is that Remain won the 2019 popular vote, which they did.
Boycey , its this sort of deluded nonsense that has been the bane of remain since the 2016 referendum. You do yourself no favours with this sort of delusional rubbish couched behind desperate statistics and ambiguous wording to try and portray the opposite of what actually happened within the rules of democracy.

Remember when the pro remain BBC tried to do the same thing to all round laughter in the aftermath of the european election results earlier that same year?

We've watched in growing amazement this morning as some Remain supporters have tried to spin last night's election results as somehow representing a Remain victory. Much of it has been based on this batshit-mad graphic from the BBC website:

We'll give you a moment to digest that one.

No, you haven't lost your mind. The graph really DOES try to exclude the Tories from a count of "pro-Brexit" parties, as if they were somehow neutral on the issue. Yes, that IS absolutely demented. Yes, the state broadcaster HAS done it anyway. God knows why.
Add the Tories in and the figures become 44% for Brexit, 40% against. And of course, in reality you need to add Labour too, because no matter what most of its supporters and MPs might want, the party campaigned unequivocally and unambiguously on a platform of leaving the EU (just a bit more gently), making the total 58%.
But what the reality-deniers insist is that the result must somehow lead to a general election and/or a second referendum, in which Remain would win.

An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

Borchester

Quote from: Barry on January 18, 2022, 08:10:39 PM

And I think he said 1st January 2021 :):)
Algerie Francais !

Nick

Quote from: B0ycey on January 18, 2022, 05:27:59 PM
[highlight]Remain vote was the popular vote in 2019.[/highlight] It was just divided between more parties. Had we electoral representation rather than FPTP Johnson wouldn't be PM. But in any case, Brexit was sorted and signed by Mr Brexit Boris Johnson. If people were going to riot over the shitty deal they would already be doing so given the only discussion going on right now between us and the EU is about red tape in Northern Ireland rather than fishing licences. So I don't know what you think is going to happen. The polls suggest remains wins if we had another vote and that is because the more people who wake up and discover they have been lied to are just turning into Europhiles.
You just make your self look stupid by announcing you know the reason people voted a certain way.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Barry

Quote from: papasmurf on January 18, 2022, 05:14:52 PM
It is going to get nasty from April onwards, I suspect civil unrest is inevitable.
† The end is nigh †

Borchester

Quote from: Good old on January 17, 2022, 04:31:18 PM
But it mattered a lot when it was well up the list of gripes for brexiteers.
Very kind of you to worry about us Brexiters Good Old. But as said, I dare say that the Scots (who run most of the UK's fish farms) will see us straight. They can have independence in return for keeping us in cod and chips, which seems a fair exchange
Algerie Francais !

Sheepy

Quote from: Good old on January 18, 2022, 05:47:21 PM
That's your problem you ain't bothered about anyone if they don't have your politics. Yet you complain that their politics isn't bothered about you. Some frigging improvement you would make.
I still don't care.
The Westminster party can get fecked. Same as the last time they thought they could take us on. 
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

Good old

Quote from: Sheepy on January 18, 2022, 05:29:53 PM
Stop lying to yourself it just saves me proving you all wrong yet again. We ain't bothered about you or your politics.

That's your problem you ain't bothered about anyone if they don't have your politics. Yet you complain that their politics isn't bothered about you. Some frigging improvement you would make.

Sheepy

Quote from: B0ycey on January 18, 2022, 05:43:51 PM
All I am saying is that Remain won the 2019 popular vote, which they did. Whether Brexiteers would have accepted the referendum vote being overturned we may never know. I always had the impression that people would have been happy it was over, one way or another in 2019. But even so, the oven ready deal is signed and it seems to be the people who are angry about the deal are more angry they were lied to then plotting to storm Westminster that Sheepy implies.

Sure and you won a referendum in the mind of Blair and his followers. It is still the same old crew, you don't have any new members, in fact you have less than you started with. Even the Unions don't want anything to do with it. The same as they didn't PFI. 

B0ycey

Quote from: cromwell on January 18, 2022, 05:34:25 PM
Cobblers,Boris was merely a vehicle to implement the referendum and if he wont another will have to.

If you think all those people who voted leave are going to lie down and say Oh yeah Steamer Adonis et al were right we need to get back in there pronto........so  to quote another of your posts it's you been living under a rock.
All I am saying is that Remain won the 2019 popular vote, which they did. Whether Brexiteers would have accepted the referendum vote being overturned we may never know. I always had the impression that people would have been happy it was over, one way or another in 2019. But even so, the oven ready deal is signed and it seems to me the people who are angry about the deal are more angry that they were lied to then plotting to storm Westminster that Sheepy implies.

Sheepy

Quote from: B0ycey on January 18, 2022, 05:35:20 PM
Well I look forward to seeing the storming of Westminster January 6th style by angry Brexiteers. Perhaps we can ask QAnon for a date and time? Or do you feel like filling me in?
There you go rabbiting nonsense again, I have no idea who QAnon is apart from they jump on bandwagons and make up some pretty strange stuff, a bit like nudge unit. I really don't care about any of that like the rest of the voters we will see democracy restored in the end. If we have to take the Westminster party down via the ballot box then so be it. We will get DD even quicker than we thought. 

cromwell

Quote from: B0ycey on January 18, 2022, 05:35:20 PM
Well I look forward to seeing the storming of Westminster January 6th style by angry Brexiteers. Perhaps we can ask QAnon for a date and time? Or do you feel like filling me in?
Well we disagree but I don't think we need to get physical.  :D  :P
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

B0ycey

Quote from: Sheepy on January 18, 2022, 05:29:53 PM
Stop lying to yourself it just saves me proving you all wrong yet again. We ain't bothered about you or your politics.

Well I look forward to seeing the storming of Westminster January 6th style by angry Brexiteers. Perhaps we can ask QAnon for a date and time? Or do you feel like filling me in?

cromwell

Quote from: B0ycey on January 18, 2022, 05:11:51 PM
I think it is more likely people would riot over the cost of living before they will over fish or frozen sausages. Brexit was a lie and as more people wake up, the more the voice of rejoining grows.

BoJos turmoil right now is down to his conduct than his shitty Brexit deal.
Cobblers,Boris was merely a vehicle to implement the referendum and if he wont another will have to.

If you think all those people who voted leave are going to lie down and say Oh yeah Steamer Adonis et al were right we need to get back in there pronto........so  to quote another of your posts it's you been living under a rock.
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

Sheepy

Quote from: B0ycey on January 18, 2022, 05:27:59 PM
Remain vote was the popular vote in 2019. It was just divided between more parties. Had we electoral representation rather than FPTP Johnson wouldn't be PM. But in any case, Brexit was sorted and signed by Mr Brexit Boris Johnson. If people were going to riot over the shitty deal they would already be doing so given the only discussion going on right now between us and the EU is about red tape in Northern Ireland rather than fishing licences. So I don't know what you think is going to happen. The polls suggest remains wins if we had another vote and that is because the more people who wake up and discover they have been lied to are just turning into Europhiles.