Mandatory vaccines in the NHS

Started by Barry, January 18, 2022, 03:53:26 PM

« previous - next »

papasmurf

Quote from: cromwell on January 19, 2022, 10:22:01 AM

It has been decided that to continue to work in the NHS you need to vaxxed you regard it as coercion,so is wearing a seatbelt,driving within the speed limit,having a driving licence and a myriad of other laws and regulations coercion then.

Next week my wife and I are going for a weekends camping. The rules  for the event include a negative Covid test within 36 hours of arrival, no ifs ands or buts. (The same will apply next August.) 
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

papasmurf

Quote from: cromwell on January 19, 2022, 10:22:01 AM

Fact is in many occupations there are conditions to employment,like SW said wearing a hard hat or in other hi viz workwear..... in life in general there are regulations for what is regarded the good of all.......wearing a seatbelt,people opposed that then there's drink driving bloody Barbara they called her who opposed that.

Some vaccinations are already obligatory for nurses depending where they work. The fuss about Covid vaccinations is perverse and needs those who are refusing asking exactly why on a one to one basis interview.

cromwell

Quote from: Barry on January 18, 2022, 09:17:25 PM
OK, your tired of the whole pandemic subject. But refusing to engage won't help those staff who are being sacked without proper cause or process. One of those might be one of your consultants. They don't deserve to be sacked.

I hope they hold their line and get massive compensation.
Refusing to engage? I clearly did by posting the link of the guy in the hospital who now wishes he'd had the vaccine and is encouraging others to do so. And the reply from Scott is how amused he is that it didn't say what he was in hospital with when it clearly did,in another post it's people wearing face nappies.......what's to engage with there?

I could have posted many more examples similar to that mans but you and others would dismiss them all.

Fact is in many occupations there are conditions to employment,like SW said wearing a hard hat or in other hi viz workwear..... in life in general there are regulations for what is regarded the good of all.......wearing a seatbelt,people opposed that then there's drink driving bloody Barbara they called her who opposed that.

You have an opinion fine but don't tell me I don't have the deceny to engage when you believe that the whole world has been conned,the WHO are lying to us too and you tell us we can thank you later and were wrong all along.

The truth is the majority of people in this country have been vaccinated,have worn face masks when asked to and have made the sacrificies required.

It has been decided that to continue to work in the NHS you need to vaxxed you regard it as coercion,so is wearing a seatbelt,driving within the speed limit,having a driving licence and a myriad of other laws and regulations coercion then.

If you don't like it get a govt. elected that will repeal it but it's you who are in the minority.
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

papasmurf

Quote from: Borchester on January 19, 2022, 09:26:37 AM
So the death rate is increasing and that proves that the lockdowns and jabs are working?

Deep stuff Pappy.
What lockdown? 

Borchester

Quote from: papasmurf on January 19, 2022, 08:57:32 AM
Those who have not been vaccinated are frankly deluded fools. The reality is, that only a few hundred people in the country cannot be vaccinated for medical reasons. That is a few hundred NOT five million. That five million are a risk to the rest of us and currently form the bulk of those in hospital with Covid.
So the death rate is increasing and that proves that the lockdowns and jabs are working?

Deep stuff Pappy.
Algerie Francais !

Sheepy

Quote from: papasmurf on January 19, 2022, 09:21:22 AM
The local staff shortages are for many reasons and will get worse anyway, mainly due to lack of affordable housing for staff.

The standard swerve then, it is somebody else's fault. 
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

papasmurf

Quote from: Sheepy on January 19, 2022, 09:19:30 AM
What makes you think you will be a priority when staff shortages become even worse? as usual you haven't thought this through.
The local staff shortages are for many reasons and will get worse anyway, mainly due to lack of affordable housing for staff.

Sheepy

Quote from: papasmurf on January 19, 2022, 09:16:05 AM
The same people who do now.
What makes you think you will be a priority when staff shortages become even worse? as usual you haven't thought this through. 

papasmurf

Quote from: Sheepy on January 19, 2022, 09:14:59 AM
That isn't what I asked, who is going to look after all of your medical problems?
The same people who do now.

Streetwalker

Quote from: Borchester on January 19, 2022, 08:52:55 AM
Ah, tricky. I am at the Rural Ruin so am able to access the relevant file, but the UK's fatality rate is currently the highest it has been since last March. I am not particularly pro or anti the jabs or lockdowns, but the data does suggest that they haven't worked.

Im not so sure . With the new (apparently weaker ) strain running rife more people are dying with the virus not because of it .  

Sheepy

Quote from: papasmurf on January 19, 2022, 09:13:05 AM
They are being perverse, has anyone bothered to check what their backgrounds are?  My medical problems are being attended to by staff who have all been triple jabbed and are also taking great care in their personal lives.

That isn't what I asked, who is going to look after all of your medical problems? if 80,000 leave? 

papasmurf

Quote from: Sheepy on January 19, 2022, 09:06:54 AM
Are they or do those 80,000 already know something you don't, which wouldn't be that difficult and who is going to look after all of your medical problems when they leave or get sacked?
They are being perverse, has anyone bothered to check what their backgrounds are?  My medical problems are being attended to by staff who have all been triple jabbed and are also taking great care in their personal lives. 

Scott777

Those who have not been vaccinated are frankly deluded fools. The reality is, that only a few hundred people in the country cannot be vaccinated for medical reasons. That is a few hundred NOT five million. That five million are a risk to the rest of us and currently form the bulk of those in hospital with Covid.

Your cult is a risk to everyone.  Mass psychosis is a risk.  And did you wear a mask to protect elderly people from the flu, all through your life?
Those princes who have done great things have held good faith of little account, and have known how to craftily circumvent the intellect of men.  Niccolò Machiavelli.

Sheepy

Are they or do those 80,000 already know something you don't, which wouldn't be that difficult and who is going to look after all of your medical problems when they leave or get sacked?

Scott777

Quote from: Streetwalker on January 18, 2022, 10:41:14 PM
Maybe the majority of NHS workers who have been vaxed prefer working in a safer environment of a fully vaxed workforce . Maybe the  thought of 1.2 million people claiming compensation from the NHS for not providing a safe workplace trumps the 80,000 who are going to claim constructive dismissal
You would have thought the priority would be caring for others ,protecting patients and their co-workers  . But there you go , its their choice as is it the NHS to give fair notice of new terms and conditions of employment

We have done the varying transmission rates  scientific  guesswork but this comes down to  a matter of choice for me ,much the same as when I walk on site and am forced to wear a hardhat if I want to work there .

You ignored my previous questions, but plough on without explaining your reasons.  The vaccines don't provide a safer environment.  That's it, until you can show otherwise.  Therefore, there is no claim they could make, because the claim would require evidence in a court.  A hardhat does stop a brick from smashing your head in, but they don't cause you to die, like the vaccines can.
Those princes who have done great things have held good faith of little account, and have known how to craftily circumvent the intellect of men.  Niccolò Machiavelli.