Mandatory vaccines in the NHS

Started by Barry, January 18, 2022, 03:53:26 PM

« previous - next »

papasmurf

Quote from: Streetwalker on January 19, 2022, 08:38:06 AM

Having said that I can see no reason why those who have chosen not to be vaccinated cannot carry on working with daily testing
Those who have not been vaccinated are frankly deluded fools. The reality is, that only a few hundred people in the country cannot be vaccinated for medical reasons. That is a few hundred NOT five million. That five million are a risk to the rest of us and currently form the bulk of those in hospital with Covid.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Borchester

Quote from: Streetwalker on January 19, 2022, 08:38:06 AM
Well I'm not going to get into going through all the available reports again but suffice to say I do understand that jabbed have less levels of transmission ,different viral loads (resulting in less severity of infection ) and spend less time infected .

That's why various companies ,institutions ,sports bodies the NHS and countries governments are asking people to get the jab .

Until I see 'science' that says we are better off without the vaccine I will continue to support it and the decision to keep the  possibly infected  away from vulnerable  ill people in hospitals .
Having said that I can see no reason why those who have chosen not to be vaccinated cannot carry on working with daily testing

Ah, tricky. I am at the Rural Ruin so am able to access the relevant file, but the UK's fatality rate is currently the highest it has been since last March. I am not particularly pro or anti the jabs or lockdowns, but the data does suggest that they haven't worked.

Of course, Boris is currently having his balls put through the wringer on account of this flu business and he needs a speedy end to the epidemic. I believe he will get it. Not because of any advances in medical science but because Bojo is a lucky bugger.
Algerie Francais !

Streetwalker

Quote from: Barry on January 18, 2022, 11:06:35 PM
SW, at least you had the decency to engage. Even if nothing of what you post can be properly based in "the science".
We've done the discussion before, but despite being given the evidence you fail to understand that both jabbed and unjabbed are equally transmitters for the virus. The illusion of a safer environment is exactly that.

It will all come out in the wash.
Well I'm not going to get into going through all the available reports again but suffice to say I do understand that jabbed have less levels of transmission ,different viral loads (resulting in less severity of infection ) and spend less time infected .

That's why various companies ,institutions ,sports bodies the NHS and countries governments are asking people to get the jab . 

Until I see 'science' that says we are better off without the vaccine I will continue to support it and the decision to keep the  possibly infected  away from vulnerable  ill people in hospitals . 

Barry

SW, at least you had the decency to engage. Even if nothing of what you post can be properly based in "the science".
We've done the discussion before, but despite being given the evidence you fail to understand that both jabbed and unjabbed are equally transmitters for the virus. The illusion of a safer environment is exactly that.

It will all come out in the wash. 
† The end is nigh †

Streetwalker

Quote from: Barry on January 18, 2022, 09:17:25 PM
OK, your tired of the whole pandemic subject. But refusing to engage won't help those staff who are being sacked without proper cause or process. One of those might be one of your consultants. They don't deserve to be sacked.

I hope they hold their line and get massive compensation.
Maybe the majority of NHS workers who have been vaxed prefer working in a safer environment of a fully vaxed workforce . Maybe the  thought of 1.2 million people claiming compensation from the NHS for not providing a safe workplace trumps the 80,000 who are going to claim constructive dismissal 
 You would have thought the priority would be caring for others ,protecting patients and their co-workers  . But there you go , its their choice as is it the NHS to give fair notice of new terms and conditions of employment 

We have done the varying transmission rates  scientific  guesswork but this comes down to  a matter of choice for me ,much the same as when I walk on site and am forced to wear a hardhat if I want to work there .

Barry

Quote from: cromwell on January 18, 2022, 06:58:00 PM
No you wont you'll express an opinion and as with your other post where you tell us we were wrong all along and we can thank you later just another opinion which many differ with.
OK, your tired of the whole pandemic subject. But refusing to engage won't help those staff who are being sacked without proper cause or process. One of those might be one of your consultants. They don't deserve to be sacked.

I hope they hold their line and get massive compensation. 
† The end is nigh †

Scott777

Quote from: cromwell on January 18, 2022, 06:58:00 PM
No you wont you'll express an opinion and as with your other post where you tell us we were wrong all along and we can thank you later just another opinion which many differ with.

https://www.itv.com/news/granada/2022-01-18/preston-grandad-who-nearly-died-in-intensive-care-urges-everyone-to-get-covid-jab

The article gave me a good chuckle.  They forgot to say WHY he was in hospital.  Oooops.  🤣
Those princes who have done great things have held good faith of little account, and have known how to craftily circumvent the intellect of men.  Niccolò Machiavelli.

cromwell

Quote from: Barry on January 18, 2022, 03:53:26 PM
This is the email being sent to all staff:

Sajid Javid needs to stop this. It does not "follow any science" and it will result in the loss of 80,000 staff.

Eighty thousand staff who have served the NHS well during a pandemic. Kicked in the teeth.

If you support this action, please say why. I will then tell you why you are wrong to support the sacking of eighty thousand good people.

https://www.itv.com/news/granada/2022-01-18/preston-grandad-who-nearly-died-in-intensive-care-urges-everyone-to-get-covid-jab
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

papasmurf

Quote from: Scott777 on January 18, 2022, 05:35:18 PM
A brilliant retort to the question raised, from the dishonest spreader of fake news who wears a face nappy to protect him from a cold.  🤣
Who would that be? The spreaders of fake news are the anti-vaxxers. For your information I had two colds in quick succession in December as did my wife and it appears most of the village.  (The same thing happened locally back at the end of 2019.)

Scott777

Quote from: papasmurf on January 18, 2022, 05:09:34 PM
Have you joined the tin foil hat wearing Faraday cage dwellers?

A brilliant retort to the question raised, from the dishonest spreader of fake news who wears a face nappy to protect him from a cold.  🤣
Those princes who have done great things have held good faith of little account, and have known how to craftily circumvent the intellect of men.  Niccolò Machiavelli.

papasmurf

Quote from: Barry on January 18, 2022, 03:53:26 PM
 It does not "follow any science" and it will result in the loss of 80,000 staff.

Really?  Have you joined the tin foil hat wearing Faraday cage dwellers?

Barry

This is the email being sent to all staff:

QuoteFollowing the announcement that staff need to have received two doses of the COVID vaccination to be deployed from 1st April 2022, the CQC will oversee compliance with the legislation and therefore we will be required to obtain certain information from all staff.

Please can ALL staff upload their NHS COVID Pass as a matter of urgency.

What we need:
1) Your NHS COVID Pass – "travel" option, or
2) A letter issued by 119 providing details of your vaccination, or
3) An email from you informing us you have applied for medical exemption (email redacted) or
4) An email from you informing us you do NOT intend to have the vaccination (email redacted)

Your vaccination card (the blue handwritten card you received at the point of vaccination) will unfortunately not be sufficient to meet the regulations so please do not send it to us.

How to get your pass
1) NHS app
 – you will need to create an NHS account that is linked to your personal health record. If you use the app, you will be able to get quick access to your travel pass and will be able to download a PDF copy that can be uploaded.

2) Web – you will need to create an NHS account that is linked to your personal health record. You will be able to quickly access your Travel pass and will be able to download a PDF copy that can be uploaded.
3) Letter – call 119 and ask for a letter providing details of your vaccinations. This should take a week to reach you. You can then take a photo of the letter or scan it in and upload it.
Once you have obtained your pass you can either upload it directly via the payslip portal or email it to email
There is now a dedicated space on the HUB relating to the mandatory vaccination requirement. On it you will find further information on:

• Where to send your pass
• Who needs to send it
• Medical exemptions
• If you are pregnant and do not want the vaccine
• What to do if you are not vaccinated
Sajid Javid needs to stop this. It does not "follow any science" and it will result in the loss of 80,000 staff.

Eighty thousand staff who have served the NHS well during a pandemic. Kicked in the teeth.

If you support this action, please say why. I will then tell you why you are wrong to support the sacking of eighty thousand good people.
† The end is nigh †