Does any man really deserve this?

Started by T00ts, January 18, 2022, 06:58:28 PM

« previous - next »

T00ts

Quote from: B0ycey on January 18, 2022, 07:03:50 PM
100% fair. He can after all end the story tomorrow if he would just resign. Until then he is at the mercy of media scoop until alas Sue Gray tells everyone whether he has turned up to a party or not.
...and yet we tell children to be kind, not to be bullies. Surely this is now bullying on a national scale.

B0ycey

100% fair. He can after all end the story tomorrow if he would just resign. Until then he is at the mercy of media scoop until alas Sue Gray tells everyone whether he has turned up to a party or not.

T00ts

Watching the news and once again they have put BJ in the stocks and started throwing rotten tomatoes at him. I just wonder if this is really fair on the man. No matter what we individually might think of him,whether we think he has lied to us and the Commons, in fairness there is an enquiry going on. I can hear the storm brewing here at this but just suppose he is driven to drastic action and hurts himself.

I just wonder how much someone is expected to take in terms of vilification etc and just how noble it makes any of us feel. I think his days are numbered and have said so for months. But it must me a nightmare for his family as much as himself. Do we really need to be as vicious as this? Do we really want a society that makes this hounding the norm?