Does any man really deserve this?

Started by T00ts, January 18, 2022, 06:58:28 PM

« previous - next »

Barry

Quote from: T00ts on January 18, 2022, 08:51:59 PM
I do hope that if ever I have to face a jury none of you are on it. :(
I hope you are never on any jury. Taking the high ground might mean no one was found guilty.
You have to temper compassion with realism. Compassion is running out for this liar, Boris.
† The end is nigh †

johnofgwent

Quote from: T00ts on January 18, 2022, 07:46:34 PM
No I guess they don't, but already Cummings has been given more credence than BJ and who is to say there are not dirty tricks coming from the Treasury? Who is to say he hasn't been set up by those who knew and understood his failings and have used them to oust him? Put it this way I would quite believe that Cummings is a nastier piece of work than BJ and not above some sinister works.

Well I'm sure I don't have to remind you, Cummings broke the law and called a press conference to say the law didn't apply to him so F@@@ you....
And then Boris came out to the cameras the next day and instead of setting Cummings right by having him dragged from his home thrown in a van and extraordinarily renditioned to somewhere nasty and then give liveleak the URL of the live feed ...

We were given the unedifying spectacle of Boris trying to defend his right hand man's illegalities.

Cameron is famously supposed to have stuck his dick in a pig as a Bullingdon Club stunt.

I have no idea what the hell Boris The Berk With The Hair did for his membership ritual but it seems clear Cummings has the negatives....
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

johnofgwent

Quote from: T00ts on January 18, 2022, 08:51:59 PM
I do hope that if ever I have to face a jury none of you are on it. :(
I won't be. I am now too old, and attribute my never being called to a lifelong campaign for restoration of the death penalty to murderers Rapists and the odd bugger....

But you miss the point. 

A jury is supposed not to have heard of you. Their view on your innocence or guilt is supposed to originate from what the judge, and judges rules, deem admissible in evidence 

One of the reasons no prime minister has ever been charged with a crime is no jury could ever be found to give them a fair trial. Which is why the Diplock courts are so essential. 
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

cromwell

Quote from: T00ts on January 18, 2022, 07:46:34 PM
No I guess they don't, but already Cummings has been given more credence than BJ and who is to say there are not dirty tricks coming from the Treasury? Who is to say he hasn't been set up by those who knew and understood his failings and have used them to oust him? Put it this way I would quite believe that Cummings is a nastier piece of work than BJ and not above some sinister works.
And that I wouldn't disagree with either,thing is T00ts if he'd held his hands up and gone then I would say leave him be.
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

T00ts

I do hope that if ever I have to face a jury none of you are on it. :(

johnofgwent

Quote from: T00ts on January 18, 2022, 06:58:28 PM
Watching the news and once again they have put BJ in the stocks and started throwing rotten tomatoes at him. I just wonder if this is really fair on the man. No matter what we individually might think of him,whether we think he has lied to us and the Commons, in fairness there is an enquiry going on. I can hear the storm brewing here at this but just suppose he is driven to drastic action and hurts himself.

I just wonder how much someone is expected to take in terms of vilification etc and just how noble it makes any of us feel. I think his days are numbered and have said so for months. But it must me a nightmare for his family as much as himself. Do we really need to be as vicious as this? Do we really want a society that makes this hounding the norm?

He has been groomed for the job from infancy. The fact he is utterly useless at it should be rubbed into his nose as he is thrown into the Thames.

He deserves no sympathy, no compassion, nothing 

And neither do any others on that front bench, in either side, who don't deliver.

End of.

T00ts

Quote from: Barry on January 18, 2022, 08:04:56 PM
She wants us to show decency to this man with a lack of decency. She worries about his family, but which family. Sorry, he's not fit for the office, but I can't think of anyone more entertaining.
I do. I believe in the high ground. It does us no favours or those who follow us to all sink to the same or similar depth.

Barry

Quote from: Sheepy on January 18, 2022, 07:42:52 PM
Don't they care then Toots? LOL
She wants us to show decency to this man with a lack of decency. She worries about his family, but which family. Sorry, he's not fit for the office, but I can't think of anyone more entertaining. 
† The end is nigh †

T00ts

Quote from: Sheepy on January 18, 2022, 07:42:52 PM

Sheepy

Quote from: T00ts on January 18, 2022, 07:41:59 PM
I don't disagree with that sentiment at all. The buck does and should stop with him. I just question the methods. I would like to think that we were a bit more decent. I guess it's a female thing but it upsets me to see anyone hounded in this way, when justice dictates that he should have his day in court so to speak. If it proves right then he will resign or be resigned by grey suits, but I do believe in innocent til proved.

Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

T00ts

Quote from: cromwell on January 18, 2022, 07:38:13 PM
It's fair comment really T00ts he should do the decent thing and sod off,people hang on like limpets today and talk all sorts to excuse......he was wrong and should go.
I don't disagree with that sentiment at all. The buck does and should stop with him. I just question the methods. I would like to think that we were a bit more decent. I guess it's a female thing but it upsets me to see anyone hounded in this way, when justice dictates that he should have his day in court so to speak. If it proves right then he will resign or be resigned by grey suits, but I do believe in innocent til proved.

cromwell

It's fair comment really T00ts he should do the decent thing and sod off,people hang on like limpets today and talk all sorts to excuse......he was wrong and should go.
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

B0ycey

Quote from: T00ts on January 18, 2022, 07:15:11 PM
No I can't agree your comment that this is not bullying. Perhaps you are more interested in wrecking the current Government but socially I think two wrongs don't make a right and in this case maybe the bahaviour of those bringing BJ to book is worse than the lying. I just ask what message it gives to young minds? That to hound someone publicly in the way they are is acceptable. Not in a civilised society.
You don't have to agree with me T00ts. I after all don't agree with you that we should just sell off the NHS to save it. But in any case, I have never thought Johnson was fit for office but at this moment in time the problems he has were self made. He lied and now he has lots of questions to answer. He has spent 6 days in hiding and now he pokes his head out for a quick breather the media are asking all the questions they can until he goes in hiding again. They aren't aggressive but merely questions everyone is asking each other in their own homes. If he doesn't like that he can resign. That would end the story over night. But whilst he clings on he is at the mercy of media scoop at that is the way it is.

T00ts

Quote from: B0ycey on January 18, 2022, 07:10:01 PM
It isn't bullying. They are just reporting the news. It just so happens his lying has caught up to him and now the media are analysing every word he says and asking specific questions in which they get a reply that is rehearsed. Because believe it or not at this moment in time the thing that might bring Johnson down isn't so much the partying or court of public opinion (which may take him down actually), but whether he lied to parliament and he broke the ministerial code.
No I can't agree your comment that this is not bullying. Perhaps you are more interested in wrecking the current Government but socially I think two wrongs don't make a right and in this case maybe the bahaviour of those bringing BJ to book is worse than the lying. I just ask what message it gives to young minds? That to hound someone publicly in the way they are is acceptable. Not in a civilised society. 

B0ycey

Quote from: T00ts on January 18, 2022, 07:05:31 PM
...and yet we tell children to be kind, not to be bullies. Surely this is now bullying on a national scale.
It isn't bullying. They are just reporting the news. It just so happens his lying has caught up to him and now the media are analysing every word he says and asking specific questions in which they get a reply that is rehearsed. Because believe it or not at this moment in time the thing that might bring Johnson down isn't so much the partying or court of public opinion (which may take him down actually), but whether he lied to parliament and he broke the ministerial code.