SKY NewsPeers vote down government's 'draconian' attempt to control protests

Started by GBNews, January 19, 2022, 01:00:29 AM

« previous - next »

Barry

Quote from: papasmurf on January 19, 2022, 11:30:27 AM
Locally the excuse from the plod is:-"we did not interfere in case that provoked a serious public order incident."
I thought they made an oath to execute their duty independently, without fear or favour.

We all know they don't.
† The end is nigh †

papasmurf

Quote from: johnofgwent on January 19, 2022, 11:04:44 AM
The plod hate having others show them up.

One wonders what they would have done had a group of citizens intervened to prevent a certain statue taking a dunking.
Locally the excuse from the plod is:-"we did not interfere in case that provoked a serious public order incident."
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

johnofgwent

Quote from: Barry on January 19, 2022, 10:55:43 AM
Our laws are so perverse that the woman who pushed one of them gently along the road with her car has been charged with an offence.
The police and CPS really hate it when the public take direct action, even if there was no harm done.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gAiWVq-HKwM

The plod hate having others show them up.

One wonders what they would have done had a group of citizens intervened to prevent a certain statue taking a dunking.
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

Barry

Quote from: johnofgwent on January 19, 2022, 07:46:03 AM

It may be necessary for there to be violence before S60 can be implemented. I suspect any motorist would be delighted to oblige by kicking an insulate Britain protestor to death.
Our laws are so perverse that the woman who pushed one of them gently along the road with her car has been charged with an offence.
The police and CPS really hate it when the public take direct action, even if there was no harm done.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gAiWVq-HKwM
† The end is nigh †

papasmurf

Quote from: johnofgwent on January 19, 2022, 07:46:03 AM
 I suspect any motorist would be delighted to oblige by kicking an insulate Britain protestor to death.
I am surprised that has not happened already.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

johnofgwent

Quote from: News on January 19, 2022, 01:00:29 AM
Peers vote down government's 'draconian' attempt to control protests

The government's attempt to introduce laws to contain protests has been dealt a major blow after the House of Lords voted down a number of the controversial proposals.

Source: Peers vote down government's 'draconian' attempt to control protests

Well Section 60 removes the first, and The Parliament Act fixes the second. Well it fixes the first too, but I feel it necessary to point out how biased against law and order Sky are by failure to highlight the absurdity of the first point they are given the existence in law of a circumvention being applied right now in Cardiff.

It may be necessary for there to be violence before S60 can be implemented. I suspect any motorist would be delighted to oblige by kicking an insulate Britain protestor to death.

<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

GBNews

Peers vote down government's 'draconian' attempt to control protests

The government's attempt to introduce laws to contain protests has been dealt a major blow after the House of Lords voted down a number of the controversial proposals.

Source: Peers vote down government's 'draconian' attempt to control protests