Main Menu

Happy but dead.

Started by Nick, January 19, 2022, 04:01:29 PM

« previous - next »

papasmurf

Quote from: Scott777 on January 25, 2022, 10:39:27 AM
So, are you saying you only thought about protecting yourself?  😂
It was and still is a legal requirement.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

papasmurf

Quote from: Scott777 on January 25, 2022, 10:38:27 AM
I'll say it again, vaccine damage can happen at any time.  We will have to see.  And you don't know how many are already damaged.

And stop peddling fake news about unvaccinated patients.  Your claims have this much value:  💩
I  am NOT peddling fake news. Are you calling the people in charge of ICU units liars? In one case yesterday ALL the covid patients in an ICU were unvaccinated. 
Also wait and see about what?  What cases of people who have been vaccinated have long term damage, set against getting on for a million suffering from long Covid.
You need to take your tin-foil hat off and leave your Faraday cage.

Scott777

Quote from: papasmurf on January 25, 2022, 09:18:23 AM
A majority of the jobs I did in the past sometimes required the wearing of masks/respirators for certain tasks. The first time was during my apprenticeship back in the late 1960s when testing compressed air operated tools in the test booth, which required the wearing of a respirator, sound deadening ear muffs and eye protection.

So, are you saying you only thought about protecting yourself?  😂
Those princes who have done great things have held good faith of little account, and have known how to craftily circumvent the intellect of men.  Niccolò Machiavelli.

Scott777

Quote from: papasmurf on January 25, 2022, 09:11:51 AM
Really? Out of the many many millions of Covid vaccinations given in Britain serious side effects have been miniscule in number.

Hospital beds currently occupied by patients with Covid have the vast majority of them are unvaccinated.

I am afraid the anti-vaxxers need psychiatric counselling.

I'll say it again, vaccine damage can happen at any time.  We will have to see.  And you don't know how many are already damaged.

And stop peddling fake news about unvaccinated patients.  Your claims have this much value:  💩
Those princes who have done great things have held good faith of little account, and have known how to craftily circumvent the intellect of men.  Niccolò Machiavelli.

papasmurf

Quote from: Scott777 on January 25, 2022, 09:09:56 AM
Cos muh safety.
A majority of the jobs I did in the past sometimes required the wearing of masks/respirators for certain tasks. The first time was during my apprenticeship back in the late 1960s when testing compressed air operated tools in the test booth, which required the wearing of a respirator, sound deadening ear muffs and eye protection.

papasmurf

Quote from: Scott777 on January 25, 2022, 09:06:25 AMthe vaccine can cause direct harm, 
Really? Out of the many many millions of Covid vaccinations given in Britain serious side effects have been miniscule in number.

Hospital beds currently occupied by patients with Covid have the vast majority of them are unvaccinated.

I am afraid the anti-vaxxers need psychiatric counselling.

Scott777

Scott777

Quote from: johnofgwent on January 25, 2022, 08:01:24 AM
I beg to differ.

It can hold you in place so the thing that falls off the lorry decapitates you, or you can't dive out of the way as the roof is deformed by the arse that rams you with a truck.

Saw the first in 1974 and was able to avoid the second in 1977. It was a very long time before i reluctantly gave in to the "law" I knew was an ass.

Bearing in mind the comparison between a seat belt and a 'vaccine', the vaccine can cause direct harm, a seatbelt cannot, unless someone has removed it and is whipping you (a distinct possibility in Smurf's case).  🤣  If you are decapitated by a falling thing, then it's the falling thing's fault, not the seatbelt.

johnofgwent

Quote from: Scott777 on January 24, 2022, 06:15:36 PM
It's a ridiculous comparison.

1. A seatbelt cannot harm you

I beg to differ. 

It can hold you in place so the thing that falls off the lorry decapitates you, or you can't dive out of the way as the roof is deformed by the arse that rams you with a truck.

Saw the first in 1974 and was able to avoid the second in 1977. It was a very long time before i reluctantly gave in to the "law" I knew was an ass.
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

papasmurf

Quote from: Scott777 on January 24, 2022, 11:25:04 PM
That's interesting.  All the more puzzling why he wasn't wearing a face mask before 2020.  😁
What is puzzling about that? 

Scott777

Quote from: Borchester on January 24, 2022, 10:41:04 PM
so he was wearing them a decade before he had to.

That's interesting.  All the more puzzling why he wasn't wearing a face mask before 2020.  😁

Borchester

Quote from: Scott777 on January 24, 2022, 09:59:28 PM
I would suggest it was the force of you against the seatbelt.  Blaming the seatbelt is like blaming the ground for hurting you, if you fall out of a tree.

Well yes and no.

Seat belts work by decreasing the rate of de acceleration, so effectively the force against the seat belt is less than that when you hit the ground. So Pappy could have been strapped in and still broken a bone or two. That said, seat belts weren't made compulsory until 1983 and that was less than 40 years ago, so he was wearing them a decade before he had to.
I am sure Pappy had his moments, but not exactly the imagine of a young tearaway either
Algerie Francais !

Scott777

Quote from: papasmurf on January 24, 2022, 06:21:29 PM
Not true, it may save your life but I still over 50 years after an accident which was so severe the seatbelt broke it also broke some of my ribs in the process is still get a twinge from those ribs.

I would suggest it was the force of you against the seatbelt.  Blaming the seatbelt is like blaming the ground for hurting you, if you fall out of a tree.

papasmurf

Quote from: Scott777 on January 24, 2022, 06:18:15 PM
Very wise.  But is there a tool for stopping a vaccine-induced cardiac arrest?

papasmurf

Quote from: Scott777 on January 24, 2022, 06:15:36 PM
It's a ridiculous comparison.

1. A seatbelt cannot harm you, 
Not true, it may save your life but I still over 50 years after an accident which was so severe the seatbelt broke it also broke some of my ribs in the process is still get a twinge from those ribs.