Is anyone surprised? Ukraine invaded

Started by T00ts, January 24, 2022, 01:31:11 PM

« previous - next »

T00ts

Quote from: Sampanviking on January 25, 2022, 11:06:41 AM
Sorry Toots, but its pointless blaming the effective leadership of another country for the total uselessness of the leadership in yours.....
The leadership in the West has become ideologically obsessed and driven. If they are proving wholly ineffective, then maybe its the ideology that is not fit for purpose.
...and Russia and China hasn't? Give me kindness rather than the vile cruelty that is the Communist regimes.

Sampanviking

Quote from: T00ts on January 24, 2022, 01:31:11 PM
Putin - 'the friend of the world' - has sat on the sidelines quietly weaponizing his country for years. He came to power and has carefully orchestrated his position until he has life long tenure. As a member of the KGB his view is Russian old school domination I fear, and to this end he set his aims and here we are caught sleeping while he flexes his muscles at will.
He may or may not invade Ukraine, although I suspect he will in the end if for no other reason than he does not wish to lose face either on the home front or world stage. It is going to take a lot to put him back in his box.
We, of course, have helped him along by proving totally blind and weak. Our dealings with the EU have shown how far we are not prepared to go. The USA has been virtually leaderless for decades, even the EU are running scared of any real collective involvement while Putin sits in relative calm dictating what his neighbours can and can't do. What fools the free world leaders have been in the name of world peace and liberal values. Why has no-one recognised just what he has been doing while all the while laughing at us all?
Sorry Toots, but its pointless blaming the effective leadership of another country for the total uselessness of the leadership in yours.....
The leadership in the West has become ideologically obsessed and driven. If they are proving wholly ineffective, then maybe its the ideology that is not fit for purpose.

Sheepy

Quote from: T00ts on January 24, 2022, 01:31:11 PM
Putin - 'the friend of the world' - has sat on the sidelines quietly weaponizing his country for years. He came to power and has carefully orchestrated his position until he has life long tenure. As a member of the KGB his view is Russian old school domination I fear, and to this end he set his aims and here we are caught sleeping while he flexes his muscles at will.
He may or may not invade Ukraine, although I suspect he will in the end if for no other reason than he does not wish to lose face either on the home front or world stage. It is going to take a lot to put him back in his box.
We, of course, have helped him along by proving totally blind and weak. Our dealings with the EU have shown how far we are not prepared to go. The USA has been virtually leaderless for decades, even the EU are running scared of any real collective involvement while Putin sits in relative calm dictating what his neighbours can and can't do. What fools the free world leaders have been in the name of world peace and liberal values. Why has no-one recognised just what he has been doing while all the while laughing at us all?
You don't have any worries we are not part of the EU only NATO and now the EU are crying like babies for us to use our back door political friends, guess what? 
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

papasmurf

Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

cromwell

Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

Streetwalker

Quote from: papasmurf on January 24, 2022, 01:57:09 PM
Why does no-one ever comment on how many Nato troops and American bases are close to Russia's borders?
Loose talk costs lives 

papasmurf

cromwell

Quote from: papasmurf on January 24, 2022, 01:57:09 PM
Why does no-one ever comment on how many Nato troops and American bases are close to Russia's borders?
You just did.....Vasily.......beggar
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

papasmurf

T00ts