Is anyone surprised? Ukraine invaded

Started by T00ts, January 24, 2022, 01:31:11 PM

« previous - next »

papasmurf

Quote from: cromwell on January 25, 2022, 04:31:02 PM
Yes I did but I corrected it as soon as I posted it,are you suggesting I did that to disprove your post.
Also your problem is you posted a minute and a half after I corrected spelling on my post.
I am not suggesting anything other that I quoted it before you edited it.  I am not responsible for the lag in the system.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

cromwell

Quote from: papasmurf on January 25, 2022, 04:23:32 PM
You did:-  « Last Edit: Today at 03:45:56 PM by cromwell »

Yes I did but I corrected it as soon as I posted it,are you suggesting I did that to disprove your post.
Also your problem is you posted a minute and a half after I corrected spelling on my post.
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

papasmurf

Quote from: cromwell on January 25, 2022, 03:59:54 PM
Are you suggesting I edited my post?
You did:-  « Last Edit: Today at 03:45:56 PM by cromwell »

cromwell

Quote from: papasmurf on January 25, 2022, 03:57:52 PM
You wrote this:-  "I believe the west all good." 
Which I quoted.
Are you suggesting I edited my post?

papasmurf

Quote from: cromwell on January 25, 2022, 03:52:21 PM
More foolishness from you I wrote

You wrote this:-  "I believe the west all good." 
Which I quoted. 

cromwell

Quote from: papasmurf on January 25, 2022, 03:47:25 PM
That is a very worrying statement, frightening as well.
More foolishness from you I wrote

Quoteneither do I believe the west all good.
If somebody had done this to one of your posts you'd want a stewards enquiry,be threatening legal action and violence to those you perceived had wronged you.

I'm relaxed because you're puddled.

papasmurf

Quote from: cromwell on January 25, 2022, 03:44:25 PMI believe the west all good.
That is a very worrying statement, frightening as well.

cromwell

Quote from: papasmurf on January 25, 2022, 02:44:09 PM
Common knowledge or "what everyone knows," is often inaccurate.
As you so often demonstrate.
Quote from: T00ts on January 25, 2022, 02:52:35 PM
I will believe you for now since you seem so convinced but I just hope you are right.
I don't,neither do I believe the west all good.

T00ts

Quote from: Sampanviking on January 25, 2022, 02:50:04 PM
Its a fairy story Toots. If you go to Xinjiang (which you can, its a major tourist destination) you will see no shortage of Uighur people, no shortage of Uighur children, you will hear the Uighur language, you see the Uighur script on every sign and every shop front. You will see modern and progressive cities with people living lives not dissimilar to your own.

The only crack down was on genuine terrorists that imported Saudi Wahibbism from the militants in Afghanistan (brought by the yanks and Saudi's in the 80's to fight the Soviets). This extreme form of Islam had no historic or natural place in Uighur society, a society with a rich culture based on music, song and indeed dance.
The numbers involved were about 10,000 max. Many others that were wanted fled to the middle east and joined groups such as Al-Nusra and of course ISIS. Many are now back in Afghanistan and have been directly blamed by the Taliban for the ISIS attacks there since August.

The rest I sorry to tell you is a Neo-Con Wet dream, based on what they hoped the situation would be at this time, with Xinjiang a new Syria into which they could start to pressure their no:1 peer competitor.
I will believe you for now since you seem so convinced but I just hope you are right.

Sampanviking

Quote from: T00ts on January 25, 2022, 02:34:08 PM
Goodness me! Where is your head?

'As of 2020, it was estimated that Chinese authorities may have detained up to 1.8 million people, mostly Uyghurs but also including Kazakhs, Kyrgyz and other ethnic Turkic Muslims, Christians, as well as some foreign citizens including Kazakhstanis, in these secretive internment camps located throughout the region.'
Its a fairy story Toots. If you go to Xinjiang (which you can, its a major tourist destination) you will see no shortage of Uighur people, no shortage of Uighur children, you will hear the Uighur language, you see the Uighur script on every sign and every shop front. You will see modern and progressive cities with people living lives not dissimilar to your own.

The only crack down was on genuine terrorists that imported Saudi Wahibbism from the militants in Afghanistan (brought by the yanks and Saudi's in the 80's to fight the Soviets). This extreme form of Islam had no historic or natural place in Uighur society, a society with a rich culture based on music, song and indeed dance.
The numbers involved were about 10,000 max. Many others that were wanted fled to the middle east and joined groups such as Al-Nusra and of course ISIS. Many are now back in Afghanistan and have been directly blamed by the Taliban for the ISIS attacks there since August.

The rest I sorry to tell you is a Neo-Con Wet dream, based on what they hoped the situation would be at this time, with Xinjiang a new Syria into which they could start to pressure their no:1 peer competitor.

papasmurf

Quote from: T00ts on January 25, 2022, 02:38:19 PM
I took the first one but you can take your pick - it is common knowledge.
Common knowledge or "what everyone knows," is often inaccurate.

papasmurf

Quote from: T00ts on January 25, 2022, 02:34:08 PM

'As of 2020, it was estimated that Chinese authorities may have detained up to 1.8 million people, mostly Uyghurs but also including Kazakhs, Kyrgyz and other ethnic Turkic Muslims, Christians, as well as some foreign citizens including Kazakhstanis, in these secretive internment camps located throughout the region.'
Where is that quote from please?

T00ts

Quote from: Sampanviking on January 25, 2022, 02:08:40 PM
There is your problem Toots you are a good thirty years or more out of date.
Communism in any form died at the end of the cold war and China ditched stopped being anything like a Communist state at about the same time, following a rapid decade of transition under Deng.

Both countries and driven purely by pragmatism and neither are in the business of exporting their political model or philosophy to other countries.
This is in total start contrast to the situation in the West, where we seem to think that any idea, no matter how lobotomised, must be brilliant because it came from us and so everybody else in the world must immediately adopt it.

'As of 2020, it was estimated that Chinese authorities may have detained up to 1.8 million people, mostly Uyghurs but also including Kazakhs, Kyrgyz and other ethnic Turkic Muslims, Christians, as well as some foreign citizens including Kazakhstanis, in these secretive internment camps located throughout the region.'

Sampanviking

Quote from: T00ts on January 25, 2022, 11:25:50 AM
...and Russia and China hasn't? Give me kindness rather than the vile cruelty that is the Communist regimes.
There is your problem Toots you are a good thirty years or more out of date.
Communism in any form died at the end of the cold war and China ditched stopped being anything like a Communist state at about the same time, following a rapid decade of transition under Deng.

Both countries and driven purely by pragmatism and neither are in the business of exporting their political model or philosophy to other countries.
This is in total start contrast to the situation in the West, where we seem to think that any idea, no matter how lobotomised, must be brilliant because it came from us and so everybody else in the world must immediately adopt it.