Is anyone surprised? Ukraine invaded

Started by T00ts, January 24, 2022, 01:31:11 PM

« previous - next »

Thomas

bottom of the barrell stuff now from the yank democrats...

Putin drawing up 'kill list' of gay and ethnic minority Ukrainians ahead of possible invasion, US claims
Russia is drawing up a kill list, with gay and ethnic minority Ukrainians among it, if it were to invade the country, according to the US.
America's ambassador to the UN has issued a warning over a possible "human rights catastrophe" as 200,000 Russian troops and 500 warships are gathered on the border.
Heavy shelling in Ukraine continued on Monday in the heightened tension between Ukrainian forces and Russian-backed separatist rebels in the Donbas region.
Foreign Secretary Liz Truss has warned that a Russian invasion of Ukraine appears "highly likely" despite US President Joe Biden and Russian leader Vladimir Putin tentatively agreeing to hold a crisis summit.
In a warning, Bathsheba Nell Crocker said the US has "credible information that indicates Russian forces are creating lists of identified Ukrainians to be killed or sent to camps following a military occupation".
In a letter to the UN's human rights chief she said "in the past Russian operations have included targeted killings, kidnappings/forced disappearances, unjust detentions, and the use of torture".
Should Russia invade, she says forces "would likely target those who oppose Russian actions".
These would include "Russian and Belarusian dissidents in exile in Ukraine, journalists and anti-corruption activists, and vulnerable populations such as religious and ethnic minorities and LGBTQI+ persons".
The ambassador also claims there is "credible information" to suggest the Russians "will likely use lethal measures to disperse peaceful protests or otherwise counter peaceful exercises of perceived resistance from civilian populations".
Putin's spokesperson, Dmitry Peskov, has denied the claim, made to UN human rights chief Michelle Bachelet.
"That is a lie. This is absolute fiction, there is no such list, it is fake," he said.

https://www.gbnews.uk/news/putin-drawing-up-kill-list-of-gay-and-ethnic-minority-ukrainians-ahead-of-possible-invasion-us-claims/230697

An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

Sheepy

Quote from: Thomas on February 21, 2022, 09:05:25 AM
you arent wrong sheep. Any invasion today do you know?

any sign of the mythical remain majority?

My mate gerry and chairman boycey were coming apart at the seams yesterday.
Not seen either nor Pat lately, he must be busy as the call for black actors is through the roof, the TV has turned black and white again. 
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

Sampanviking

So a question on my mind today that first occurred a little while ago
Has this been all about Belarus all along?

All the talk of invasion and the unverified claims of Russian troop deployments have all come out of Washington
The US has used this "crisis" as a pretext to move its own forces into NATO eastern border, much of which borders Belarus
Belarus was the target of a failed Regime Change Operation last year
Belarus has been on the US's demonise list since then
Are they looking for a pretext to now invade and achieve Regime Change the "other way"
Is this why large Russian forces are now remaining stationed in this country?

Thomas

Quote from: Sheepy on February 21, 2022, 12:04:04 AM
Well, I don't know about looking good, but the mad bastards are coming apart at the seams, you cannot say no to us, you have to accept your lot, I wouldn't bet on it.
you arent wrong sheep. Any invasion today do you know?

any sign of the mythical remain majority?

My mate gerry and chairman boycey were coming apart at the seams yesterday.

Sheepy

Quote from: Thomas on February 20, 2022, 02:47:46 PMlooking good sheepy. looking good.
Well, I don't know about looking good, but the mad bastards are coming apart at the seams, you cannot say no to us, you have to accept your lot, I wouldn't bet on it. 

Thomas

Quote from: Sampanviking on February 20, 2022, 03:54:10 PM
So let me get this clear John. Price has gone to the Ukraine to show his support for minorities to remain subordinated in larger and ethnically dominated countries, whether they want it or not?
I doubt it sampan. john isnt really interested in the politics of the ukraine situation , he is merely hoping some drone takes care of one of his local "welshie" problems.

I see no reason why russia shouldnt follow the british example in the north of ireland , and defend the rights of ethnic russians . 8)

Krasnodon says no. Kyiv rule is rome rule.

Or we could turn it around and say gwent says no to british rule. Monmouth is welsh. :D

Sampanviking

Quote from: johnofgwent on February 20, 2022, 09:05:47 AM
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-60448384

Apparently Wales has sent the leader of the Meibion Glyndwr Appreciation Society to the Ukraine.

With any luck a drone strike will solve a Welsh Nationalist problem.

If only we could find a way to send sturgeon to preach the value of nuclear disarmament and Macron to extol the up side of grannyshagging ....
So let me get this clear John. Price has gone to the Ukraine to show his support for minorities to remain subordinated in larger and ethnically dominated countries, whether they want it or not?

Thomas

Quote from: Sheepy on February 20, 2022, 09:57:24 AM
It is getting boring now the Ukrainians are armed to the teeth with another debt that can never be recovered from, the Russians know the sanctions are coming anyway, so if they going to invade it wouldn't be before sanctions so I guess the last hope for invasion is sanctions. The Yanks are running around like headless chickens praying for somebody to invade somewhere. Anywhere will do, even Grenada. 
looking good sheepy. looking good.

Sheepy

It is getting boring now the Ukrainians are armed to the teeth with another debt that can never be recovered from, the Russians know the sanctions are coming anyway, so if they going to invade it wouldn't be before sanctions so I guess the last hope for invasion is sanctions. The Yanks are running around like headless chickens praying for somebody to invade somewhere. Anywhere will do, even Grenada.  

papasmurf

Quote from: johnofgwent on February 20, 2022, 09:05:47 AM

On a satellite TV channel I watch which has regular videos of "I can put a bigger weapon in the back of my Toyota pick up than you can." A few weeks ago it showed a drone carrying three RPG 7 rockets warheads with the propellant part removed. It showed the drone hovering over a building and dropping one of the warheads onto a building which blew the building to bits.
Somewhat worrying if anyone gets that idea in Britain. 
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

johnofgwent

Quote from: Sheepy on February 20, 2022, 12:09:24 AM
I hear on the grapevine Vlad is having fireworks show of his own.

Apparently Wales has sent the leader of the Meibion Glyndwr Appreciation Society to the Ukraine.

If only we could find a way to send sturgeon to preach the value of nuclear disarmament and Macron to extol the up side of grannyshagging ....
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

Sheepy

I hear on the grapevine Vlad is having fireworks show of his own.

Sheepy

Quote from: Thomas on February 18, 2022, 11:33:44 AMone still take the uk media seriously sampan?
I seriously doubt it, when they have been proven nothing but trolls on behalf of whoever is paying their wages this week. 

Thomas

Quote from: Sampanviking on February 18, 2022, 09:49:01 AM
I see the media propagandists are out in force again today.
The focus of their attention being a supposed strike on a children nursery on the Ukrainian side of the Donbass contact line.

Two main points to make:
1) Both sides routinely swap artillery fire across the contact line and have done since 2015.

2) This particular shell hole looks distinctly fake:

a) It is back to front, the wide blast circle should be on the outside of the building not inside
b) Lack of blast damage or shrapnel. If the blast penetrated a wall that thick, there would be a lot more damage inside and the tell take pock marks of shrapnel in the walls
c) No fire damage, not even scorch marks around the hole - So unless the attack was with a cannon ball or Trebuchet.....

The bricks look more chiseled out from the inside than blasted in from the outside, If this is not simply a total fake, it looks much more like a half prepared firing position for the Ukrainian army.
Does anyone still take the uk media seriously sampan?

Craig Murray -

@CraigMurrayOrg

Just watched Blinken's presentation for the US at the UN security council. It astonishes me that any single person who remembers Colin Powell's presentation on Iraq - identical in tone, alleged sourcing and most importantly intent - can buy this shit.

Thomas

Quote from: Good old on February 17, 2022, 10:05:06 AM
Why invade when he can make his point simply by coming to the border, and going through all the motions, to indicate to all how easily he  could invade if he so wished, and in some circumstances would. He makes the point that he will influence Ukraines politics by hook or by crook,  Ukraine, lives with that as a fact, the west has to accept it also.
Simply because even by the standards set by the  west in particular the US. It is not going to be acceptable to have near neighbours considered to be dominated by a potential enemy, in particular in a military sense, which membership of NATO, would indicate.
It's going to be expensive, but Putin could keep this up for some time yet. On the other hand if he is willing to maintain armed forces of the scale he has, does it matter where they are and what they do, as long as they stay in Russian , or friendly territory.
if only we had a labour government in power , ready to lead the charge to remove a tyrant and his weapons of mass destruction.......:D