Is anyone surprised? Ukraine invaded

Started by T00ts, January 24, 2022, 01:31:11 PM

« previous - next »

Sheepy

Quote from: Good old on February 24, 2022, 03:19:29 PMBy the time some people wake up he will be bombing London.
Will he? will we get time to say goodbye? 
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

T00ts

Quote from: B0ycey on February 24, 2022, 03:15:54 PM
A news article from the Daily Mail T00ts? You might as well have sourced Infowars.
LOL I did put that question in my post. It has to be in question just what is the truth now.

Good old

Quote from: T00ts on February 24, 2022, 03:04:49 PM
I have just read a report that 150 Russian officials have signed an open letter condemning Putin's actions in Ukraine. Can we really believe that? With Putin's reputation for silencing opposition is it really likely?

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10546799/More-150-senior-Russian-officials-sign-open-letter-condemning-Putins-invasion-Ukraine.html

They are now bombing Kiev. So much for the hope that it would be a partial invasion.
But he said no way would he invade Ukraine , it was all just a bloody good War game. It was all made up by those nasty westerners, and their even nastier mate across the Atlantic. In fact massed invasion force. What invasion force. Some on here got some fun out of  him taking his time. Read their posts this was not going to happen , good  old Vlad, is pulling your leg, they said, it's all an old Joe comedy. Joes winding him up silly old sod.
By the time some people wake up he will be bombing London.
And the signing of that letter probably means we can look forward to taking in 150 asylum seekers shortly, that's if they can get out, a big if.

cromwell

Quote from: B0ycey on February 24, 2022, 03:15:54 PM
A news article from the Daily Mail T00ts? You might as well have sourced Infowars.
Just because it's the mail doesn't mean it's always lies does it?
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

B0ycey

Quote from: T00ts on February 24, 2022, 03:04:49 PM
I have just read a report that 150 Russian officials have signed an open letter condemning Putin's actions in Ukraine. Can we really believe that? With Putin's reputation for silencing opposition is it really likely?

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10546799/More-150-senior-Russian-officials-sign-open-letter-condemning-Putins-invasion-Ukraine.html

They are now bombing Kiev. So much for the hope that it would be a partial invasion.

T00ts

Sheepy

Quote from: cromwell on February 24, 2022, 02:36:18 PM
They regret what agreeing to give up the nuclear weapons when they got independence,well given today they probably do.

Like you say they probably do, after all not like anybody created a coup on the Russian borders put a bunch of neo-Nazis in charge tried to take his Black Sea base away he must be paranoid.

B0ycey

Quote from: cromwell on February 24, 2022, 02:36:18 PM
They regret what agreeing to give up the nuclear weapons when they got independence,well given today they probably do.
The world was a different time in 1994 Cromwell. Do you honestly think the Americans were going to let Ukraine keep their weapons in a post Soviet era? Ukraine gave up their weapons not because they didn't see the perceived threat from Russia but because Russia was an ally and had more than enough for both of them so in principle could give them up for more assistance from the West in a post Soviet era. And had they kept them, Putin wouldn't have let Yushchenko be fed to the wolves. We would be where we are now ten 8 years ago. Because if you didn't notice, Lukashanko nearly had his Yushchencho moment last year and Russia was quick in response to stop another ally from being toppled by their people.

cromwell

Quote from: Sheepy on February 24, 2022, 01:59:41 PM
Well no surprises we haven't seen much about it in the Western media apart from it being a Vlad conspiracy theory. I guess knowing him, he will be able to back it up at some point. Secret agreements and all that malarky between the US and Ukraine. Who have since said they regret giving them up and signing a non Nuclear agreement. 

johnofgwent

GB News reports in the wake of missiles landing at the airport and killings on the streets, some F1 chap refuses to race and someone else wants to take away Russia's UEFA medals....
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

Good old

Quote from: Sheepy on February 24, 2022, 01:59:41 PM
Well no surprises we haven't seen much about it in the Western media apart from it being a Vlad conspiracy theory. I guess knowing him, he will be able to back it up at some point. Secret agreements and all that malarky between the US and Ukraine. Who have since said they regret giving them up and signing a non Nuclear agreement. 

Ukraine , did have its own nukes.given up when when the USSR broke up. That gives the lie to whether Ukraine was ever a actual country. Why would the Yanks want nukes in the Ukraine,? They  already have a full capability to destroy all of Russia, while destroying the world. More Putin, crap.

johnofgwent

Quote from: T00ts on February 24, 2022, 11:33:29 AM
Having just looked at the headlines it seems Ukraine is being attacked on all sides. Now will anyone realise that Putin won't stop. This has been so easy. China will bail him out if sanctions hit hard, why else did Xi and Putin make a great show at the Olympics. I will be very surprised if this action will satisfy Putin. Too many world leaders have drifted along believing once again the mantra 'peace in our time'.
Only three toots. Turkey hasn't started fighting it. Yet.
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

Good old

Quote from: Thomas on February 24, 2022, 10:48:03 AM
:D

Talk about lack of awareness from an englishman telling that to a scotsman? How many facking times have you invaded your neighbours? :D

what about your bosses in washington though? Backing a coup in ukraine in 2014 , expanding a hostile military alliance on russians borders , and helping maintain a nazi infused client in ukraine by flooding them with weapons?

Honestly good old ,i think you should go back to your bed mate. You arent with it today.
You might not have noticed . England hasn't invaded Scotland for three hundred years. This is  2022 the world has changed don't you know.? You might have noticed NATO,in Europe is a defence organisation, it has never forced its self on any European nation. And that's probably why countries outside of Russia, queue up to be part of it. Because as your friend Putin. Shows anything ,it's if you ain't in it he will run all over you. You speak very well for Putin, I give you that.
Putin, is breaking treaties all over the place on this , including that signed in Minsk, just eight years past. On your way of looking at this , it's so what.  everyone has broken treaties, everyone has invaded a European neighbour freely going about its business.even though for nearly all it was hundreds of years ago.
On your way of judging this ,the Yanks might as well nip over to Cuba, and swamp the place with a massive invasion force. Why everyone does it.
And you think you are with it? Your deluded mate. But then so is Putin. Because he is now going to be surrounded by countries under the wing of NATO. No one is going to invade him. How the hell  would the west hold an expanse like Russia, down, it's total bollox , And all he has done is sharpen up every nation in the west to the very real danger he is , to not just European peace, but world peace.

Sheepy

Quote from: Barry on February 24, 2022, 11:58:09 AM
Who threatened to put nukes in Ukraine?
Was it the warmongers across the Atlantic? Didn't hear any of it in the UK meeja. Is it true?
Never poke a Bear.

cromwell

Oil hits $ 105 a barrel,prices going to go up all around this is going to cost us in more ways than one.