Is anyone surprised? Ukraine invaded

Started by T00ts, January 24, 2022, 01:31:11 PM

« previous - next »

Thomas

farages take....

Nigel Farage

@Nigel_Farage

Well, I was wrong. Putin has gone much further than I thought he would. A consequence of EU and NATO expansion, which came to a head in 2014. It made no sense to poke the Russian bear with a stick. These are dark days for Europe.

An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

Thomas

Quote from: cromwell on February 24, 2022, 04:40:55 PM
So I'm silent am I? That's why I posted this on another thread
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/article-10540829/PETER-HITCHENS-blame-arrogant-foolish-West-Ukraine-crisis.html

Haven't condemned Yank behaviour,yeah you're right all those times I ridiculed "Mission accomplished" the times I condemned the misery and death for millions in Iraq and the Middle East,the bollocks of the Arab spring I never posted........just like my never ending condemnation of Deputy Sherriff Bliar who some on here said I was obsessed with and was wrong about too.

Biden silent no never said a word against him.......so no I won't forgive you if you're wrong because you're doing what you so often do and presenting outright falsehoods in order to further your argument.

You know full well I've posted all that above but choose to misrepresent.
I know you condemned iraq ,( uk involvement in it i might add , nothing about the yanks) and blair, but the point im making is you are silent on american activites. You might call the ordianry people mad , but rarely if ever on this forum comment about their disasterous foreign policy.

Im not misrepresenting anything cromwell , like i say with you its often selective outrage.

On the subject of brexit , i have heard you complain bitterly about the EU , but not a fackin cheep on america and its stance on northern ireland. Thats all im saying.

Like i say , maybe i have missed some of it , but not by much i dont think.  If im presenting falshoods then by all means prove me wrong and show me where you have commented on american foreign policy  with criticism the way you do putin and russia?

Fairs fair and all that?:)

cromwell

Quote from: Thomas on February 24, 2022, 04:02:56 PM
Ok then help me undrstand where you are coming from cromwell , and the meaning behind all the empty platitudes ?

Dangerous times ahead. Will he stop with ukraine. Banding together for detterence?

Im asking you to take a step back , and think about why this has happened , the wider picture , and what has pushed him over the edge regarding ukraine.

Im struggling to understand why you remain silnet on certain countires acitivites , while quick to condemn the russians when they do the same?

What have the russians done to you?

I have personally rhymed off plenty the yanks have done , yet in all my time on this forum , apart form saying america( as in the public and their guns) are a madhouse , im struggling to remember (forgive me if im wrong) any time you have condemned yank behaviour?

The truth of the matter is there is no "west". In terms of the uk , for probably at least the last 30 years , if not more , the british army has been a regiment of the american forces , and uk foreign policy crafted in washington , with practically every uk prime minister after thatcher tools of washington.

You are silent on american president sleepy joe biden , a well known anti britsh politican  , and has been all his life , yet quick to jump in and shout about putin. In case its escaped your notice , i dont think the uk government gives a fack about the EU regarding northern ireland.

I think johnson was preparing to shaft the EU over the protocl , and the yanks have stepped in with veiled threats  , and thats why he has allowed the farce of whats happening in the 6 counties to continue , not through fear of the eu , but fear of washington. Silence from you on that.

So help me understand here cromwell. Are you being led by the nose by msm propaganda , or is ther something else that exlplains why you dislike the russians.

You are right though  the bbc is carefully scripted.
So I'm silent am I? That's why I posted this on another thread 
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/article-10540829/PETER-HITCHENS-blame-arrogant-foolish-West-Ukraine-crisis.html

Haven't condemned Yank behaviour,yeah you're right all those times I ridiculed "Mission accomplished" the times I condemned the misery and death for millions in Iraq and the Middle East,the bollocks of the Arab spring I never posted........just like my never ending condemnation of Deputy Sherriff Bliar who some on here said I was obsessed with and was wrong about too.

Biden silent no never said a word against him.......so no I won't forgive you if you're wrong because you're doing what you so often do and presenting outright falsehoods in order to further your argument.

You know full well I've posted all that above but choose to misrepresent.
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

Thomas

QuoteLord Ismay

Lord Hastings Lionel Ismay was NATO's first Secretary General, a position he was initially reluctant to accept. By the end of his tenure however, Ismay had become the biggest advocate of the organisation he had famously said earlier on in his political career, was created to

"keep the Soviet Union out, the Americans in, and the Germans down

https://www.nato.int/cps/us/natohq/declassified_137930.htm

Thomas

Thomas

Quote from: Good old on February 24, 2022, 03:19:29 PM

By the time some people wake up he will be bombing London.

Dear god in heaven above , what an absolute fakin drama queen you are.

>:(

Thomas

But he said no way would he invade Ukraine , it was all just a bloody good War game.
what like tony blair assured us there were weapons of mass destruction in Iraq? That turned out to be another war game too didnt it?

:D

Keir starmer has just announced the way to deal with russia is to take the uk back into the EU , and  follow brussells diktats. Thatll sort vlad out.

Thomas

Quote from: Good old on February 24, 2022, 02:30:07 PM
. That gives the lie to whether Ukraine was ever a actual country. .
Im not up to scratch on the history of ukraine , and neither are you by the looks of it , but ukraines current borders as i understand it including the ethnic russian areas were only established as an administrative province under the old ussr. I think that was the point , the inclusion of the ancient russian areas not wether ukraine or some nation ruled from Kiev had ever existed in history.

Thomas

Quote from: Good old on February 24, 2022, 02:19:46 PM
You might not have noticed . England hasn't invaded Scotland for three hundred years.
If cromwell will permit me briefly to reply to this latest historical good old drivel , very quickly what are you on about three hundred years? :D

There were english soldiers stationed all thoughout scotland in the 18th century  , and english soldiers sent in to deal with the 1820 insurrection.  I could go on and give you yet another bloody nose , but you do the maths .

Anyway back on topic.

QuoteBecause as your friend Putin.
:D

My friend putin? What about putins mates the chinese , the labour party donors? Are they the good guys in this when they give barry gardiner money , or are they bad?
even though for nearly all it was hundreds of years ago.
The balkans conflcit wasnt hundreds of years ago. The second world war itself? Is maths as well as history your weak point Fack sakes?

To be honest good old ,i couldnt really be arese replying to anything further.  It was just incoherent screaming. If you have a point to make do so.

Thomas

Quote from: cromwell on February 24, 2022, 12:27:06 PM
Are we? did I say world domination? No that's you making things up I never said and going in to James Bond fantasy of your own.

Any differences over brexit are irrelevant,as I said re the EU army it's not needed we have NATO,we do have a way of life it may not be perfect but we need to protect it.

You go off on the bbc all you like it's a script.
Ok then help me undrstand where you are coming from cromwell , and the meaning behind all the empty platitudes ?

Dangerous times ahead. Will he stop with ukraine. Banding together for detterence?

Im asking you to take a step back , and think about why this has happened , the wider picture , and what has pushed him over the edge regarding ukraine.

Im struggling to understand why you remain silnet on certain countires acitivites , while quick to condemn the russians when they do the same?

What have the russians done to you?

I have personally rhymed off plenty the yanks have done , yet in all my time on this forum , apart form saying america( as in the public and their guns) are a madhouse , im struggling to remember (forgive me if im wrong) any time you have condemned yank behaviour?

The truth of the matter is there is no "west". In terms of the uk , for probably at least the last 30 years , if not more , the british army has been a regiment of the american forces , and uk foreign policy crafted in washington , with practically every uk prime minister after thatcher tools of washington.

You are silent on american president sleepy joe biden , a well known anti britsh politican  , and has been all his life , yet quick to jump in and shout about putin. In case its escaped your notice , i dont think the uk government gives a fack about the EU regarding northern ireland.

I think johnson was preparing to shaft the EU over the protocl , and the yanks have stepped in with veiled threats  , and thats why he has allowed the farce of whats happening in the 6 counties to continue , not through fear of the eu , but fear of washington. Silence from you on that.

So help me understand here cromwell. Are you being led by the nose by msm propaganda , or is ther something else that exlplains why you dislike the russians.

You are right though  the bbc is carefully scripted.

Streetwalker

B0ycey

But he said no way would he invade Ukraine , it was all just a bloody good War game. It was all made up by those nasty westerners, and their even nastier mate across the Atlantic. In fact massed invasion force. What invasion force. Some on here got some fun out of  him taking his time. Read their posts this was not going to happen , good  old Vlad, is pulling your leg, they said, it's all an old Joe comedy. Joes winding him up silly old sod.
By the time some people wake up he will be bombing London.
And the signing of that letter probably means we can look forward to taking in 150 asylum seekers shortly, that's if they can get out, a big if.

More like it was an offer too tempting not to take advantage of more like. After weeks of being told to get over their security concerns, we also made it clear if Russia did anything we would basically do F@@@ all anyway.

B0ycey

Quote from: cromwell on February 24, 2022, 03:17:43 PM
Just because it's the mail doesn't mean it's always lies does it?
More like half truths Cromwell. There is no way any officials are writing a letter to Putin condemning him at this moment in time. The Spy minister looked like he pissed himself when he forgot his words when talking to Putin the other day ffs. What might have happened is they wrote a letter saying they think attacking Ukraine now was perhaps an action he should reconsider, but not a letter saying that he was wrong... that is if The Daily Mails source is even reliable of course. These kind of stories are based on hope than evidence in any case.

cromwell

Quote from: johnofgwent on February 24, 2022, 02:31:56 PM
GB News reports in the wake of missiles landing at the airport and killings on the streets, some F1 chap refuses to race and someone else wants to take away Russia's UEFA medals....
In the commons "seize Chelsea fc"
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

T00ts

The shortest route from the Belarus border to Kiev is through the Chernobyl area. Russian forces are currently trying to take that area .