Is anyone surprised? Ukraine invaded

Started by T00ts, January 24, 2022, 01:31:11 PM

« previous - next »

Good old

Quote from: Sheepy on February 28, 2022, 12:52:03 PM
Maybe you are not the person who should be judging who is insane and who isn't.

Well that's always possible Sheep. But  then maybe you are not the person who should judge my ability to recognise a quirk in the sanity of another human .

cromwell

Quote from: johnofgwent on February 28, 2022, 12:25:08 PM
I am still waiting for my MP to reply to my question as to whether those who went to fight against Franco were actually committing a felony.

Naturally any who went to fight FOR Franco were ...
Well John a mate of my old man's did just that and they were targeted as commies or commie sympathisers,he did though however when ww2 broke out prove very useful then in Norway where he was organising the resistance.
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

Sheepy

Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

Sheepy

Quote from: Good old on February 28, 2022, 12:46:08 PM
Maybe you should have questioned . Was Hitler right to throw his overwhelming military might behind Franco, in his civil war.?
Was Hitler merely testing his war machine in preparation for a German attempt on European domination by force of arms. ?  Much more relevant to actual history . And indeed morality measured on a scale from 1 to a 100.
Maybe you are not the person who should be judging who is insane and who isn't. 

Good old

Quote from: johnofgwent on February 28, 2022, 12:25:08 PM
I am still waiting for my MP to reply to my question as to whether those who went to fight against Franco were actually committing a felony.

Maybe you should have questioned . Was Hitler right to throw his overwhelming military might behind Franco, in his civil war.?
Was Hitler merely testing his war machine in preparation for a German attempt on European domination by force of arms. ?  Much more relevant to actual history . And indeed morality measured on a scale from 1 to a 100.

johnofgwent

Quote from: Good old on February 28, 2022, 12:17:31 PM
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-60544838
Is this going to be Spain all over again? Early resistance to Europes next maniac.

<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

cromwell

Quote from: Sheepy on February 28, 2022, 12:12:20 PM
Not that the rest of us are laughing of course but he actually made a comedy film about this very situation. Funny old world ain't it when others are laughing and you don't see the joke.
The rest of us? Yeah I clearly see the joke.

Good old

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-60544838
Is this going to be Spain all over again? Early resistance to Europes next maniac.

Sheepy

Quote from: cromwell on February 28, 2022, 12:05:02 PM
Well Zelensky is doing his best for his people an ex comedian unlike so many of our leaders who were still in role.
Not that the rest of us are laughing of course but he actually made a comedy film about this very situation. Funny old world ain't it when others are laughing and you don't see the joke. 

cromwell

Well Zelensky is doing his best for his people an ex comedian unlike so many of our leaders who were still in role.

Good old

Quote from: cromwell on February 28, 2022, 11:35:24 AM
All? No we're not,I've heard it said Putin should be appearing at The Hague as a war criminal....and so he should along with Bliar and Bush.

I doubt many have forgotten the near celebration by the media of shock and awe attack on Iraq when they now quite rightly condemn the much of the same in the Ukraine.

I don't think people are that stupid they don't see the parallels.

It's a perfect point you make. Forget The Hague, concentrate on finding the least destructive way of putting and end to his mischief . With an ending that gives Ukraine back its independence and ability to function without a gun at its head.

cromwell

Quote from: Sheepy on February 28, 2022, 11:38:27 AM
This is our own Joe Biden occasionally wakes up from his nap, mumbles something about I am in charge and off he goes again.
:D Am I?
I'm not in charge of anything but am often here when you're zzzzzzzing it. :P

Good old

Quote from: johnofgwent on February 28, 2022, 10:47:59 AM
This doesn't change the fact Starmer stood up and demanded the Tories hand back millions of pounds they SAY they got from Russians while we know the party has been supported by payments from russian companies since Gordon Brown, if not earlier, and Starmer sr s no need to apply the standards he demands of Boris and Co for past donations to himself.

All of this issue is a side issue, in so much as in a peaceful world there is no wrong in dealing with Russia, as long as those dealings were actually legal . In the context of Russian money in total swilling around in the U.K. it is common knowledge much of it is not the proceeds of legal activity. Martins investments are not thought to be illegal. And the thousands he has given Labour can only be taken as legal. But there remains a question mark over the millions that have found their way into Tory, coffers. Martin, is easy to keep tabs on . The actual history of Tory money is still not clear. All of which can not be used to distract from the desolation of a country that's only real crime is to find its self neighbouring a country that has a ruler that would blow the world to kingdom come, if anyone should attempt to stop his murderous assaults on what should be their inviolable  sovereignty .

Sheepy

Quote from: cromwell on February 28, 2022, 11:35:24 AM
All? No we're not,I've heard it said Putin should be appearing at The Hague as a war criminal....and so he should along with Bliar and Bush.

I doubt many have forgotten the near celebration by the media of shock and awe attack on Iraq when they now quite rightly condemn the much of the same in the Ukraine.

This is our own Joe Biden occasionally wakes up from his nap, mumbles something about I am in charge and off he goes again. 

cromwell

Quote from: Sheepy on February 28, 2022, 10:59:00 AM
We all know the whole lot of them are as dodgy as feck when it comes to their own pockets so I still have no idea why you are all playing that lot are worse than us lot game anyway. Good old is on the one hand saying he is defending what is right while with the other defending the indefensible. No sense in it whatsoever.

I doubt many have forgotten the near celebration by the media of shock and awe attack on Iraq when they now quite rightly condemn the much of the same in the Ukraine.