Breaking. Met Police launches investigation into Downing Street parties,

Started by papasmurf, January 25, 2022, 10:21:31 AM

« previous - next »

Sheepy

Quote from: Borchester on January 31, 2022, 02:08:50 PM
I did.

To be fair I tried to vote for the SNP as well, but after God knows how many years Edinburgh Council finally twigged that I was no longer living in Scotland and I was down to a single vote. So like a lot of others on this board I looked at what was on offer, thought Jesus, I never realised they piled it so high and then voted for the least bad choice.

God I am disgusting.

You on the other hand, are a better man than most of us and are looking for a new home and a better world, which means that you will probably waste your vote on the Limp Dicks or Greens or supporters of the Swedish Goblin.

The main thing is to keep us out of the EU and taxes down.

You have to face the onslaught of all those in the commons who weren't invited yet Borchester, they will be livid they were not part of the circle of Boris trust. 
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

Borchester

Quote from: srb7677 on January 31, 2022, 11:23:35 AM
It is an impression garnered from many posts, over many months, not just this one. I may well be wrong but it is how it looks. You did after all vote for the Tories in at least the last two elections, did you not?
I did.

To be fair I tried to vote for the SNP as well, but after God knows how many years Edinburgh Council finally twigged that I was no longer living in Scotland and I was down to a single vote. So like a lot of others on this board I looked at what was on offer, thought Jesus, I never realised they piled it so high and then voted for the least bad choice.

God I am disgusting.

You on the other hand, are a better man than most of us and are looking for a new home and a better world, which means that you will probably waste your vote on the Limp Dicks or Greens or supporters of the Swedish Goblin.

The main thing is to keep us out of the EU and taxes down.
Algerie Francais !

cromwell

Quote from: srb7677 on January 31, 2022, 11:23:35 AM
It is an impression garnered from many posts, over many months, not just this one. I may well be wrong but it is how it looks. You did after all vote for the Tories in at least the last two elections, did you not?
Yes indeed to at least try to see brexit is carried through and unless a more viable alternative occurs will continue since the alternatives all support remain.

I would ditch them given the opportunity.
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

srb7677

Quote from: cromwell on January 31, 2022, 09:41:19 AM
So based on an accurate observation I made you come to a wholly false conclusion. :-\
We are not all in the same boat. We are in the same storm. Some of us have yachts. Some of us have canoes. Some of us are drowning.

srb7677

Quote from: Sheepy on January 31, 2022, 11:08:48 AM
I really hope New Labour do well in the local elections then it gives us two years of saying same old, same old. Because that leopard cannot change its spots. As I read on here every single day.
Labour and others probably will do well at the expense of the Tories, with many choosing the most likely alternative winner as a vote against the Tories. But this will by and large be a vote against the Tories rather than a vote for Labour or anybody else, though it will sadly shore up Starmer and the Blairites by reinfocing their delusion their their lack of anything worthwhile is the road to success.

Even many Tory supporters who think that for the good of their party Boris must go, will vote for whichever other candidate seems most likely to defeat them, even if that looks like Labour. The motive will simply be to make the Tories lose so badly in the short term that they round on Boris, in order for their party to come back more strongly well before a general election. 

Labour and others might well do less well in May if Boris is gone by then.
We are not all in the same boat. We are in the same storm. Some of us have yachts. Some of us have canoes. Some of us are drowning.

Sheepy

Quote from: B0ycey on January 31, 2022, 11:02:08 AM
Isn't every opinion before the event speculation by definition? Including yours it should be said.

As I stated to another user, I look at polls and trends to form an opinion. The polls suggest the Tories are losing voters. North Shropshire, something that happened before Partygate, was a result that was worse for the Tories than the polling suggested. It was also leaver heartland. That is not saying that Labour will gain from this. Actually it seems that despite the Tories downfall, the voters aren't moving to Labour. Only that the Tories are going to have a bad night in May. Because it should be said in the Locals, every vote matters and even if Tory voters choose not to cast their vote, that matters more this year than in a general election whereas FPTP can make a lots of votes redundant. So let Johnson hang on. Let there be no doubt that he has lost appeal and then let's see him resign in May. And if he clings on, then we will see Starmer as PM given momentum, respect and trust are paramount in voter intention.
I really hope New Labour do well in the local elections then it gives us two years of saying same old, same old. Because that leopard cannot change its spots. As I read on here every single day. 

B0ycey

Quote from: Thomas on January 31, 2022, 07:54:52 AM
boycey has this never ending capacity of repeating specualtion as fact.

Isn't every opinion before the event speculation by definition? Including yours it should be said.

As I stated to another user, I look at polls and trends to form an opinion. The polls suggest the Tories are losing voters. North Shropshire, something that happened before Partygate, was a result that was worse for the Tories than the polling suggested. It was also leaver heartland. That is not saying that Labour will gain from this. Actually it seems that despite the Tories downfall, the voters aren't moving to Labour. Only that the Tories are going to have a bad night in May. Because it should be said in the Locals, every vote matters and even if Tory voters choose not to cast their vote, that matters more this year than in a general election whereas FPTP can make a lots of votes redundant. So let Johnson hang on. Let there be no doubt that he has lost appeal and then let's see him resign in May. And if he clings on, then we will see Starmer as PM given momentum, respect and trust are paramount in voter intention.

Sheepy

Quote from: papasmurf on January 31, 2022, 10:05:25 AM
Cornish voters have long memories. They have been crapped on from a great height, by Bojo-The-Clown, George Useless, and the damage being done by Brexit and austerity is getting worse as time passes.

The rally was great, bad weather always keeps the "Gucci," bikers away. I was also able to ask some questions and get answers from experts that I can only do face to face and not where there is any record of the conversations.
Wearing your mask, I hope smurphy in case there are lip readers in the trees.

papasmurf

Quote from: cromwell on January 30, 2022, 08:49:52 PM
Elections a way off yet Smurf.

How did the camp go?

Cornish voters have long memories. They have been crapped on from a great height, by Bojo-The-Clown, George Useless, and the damage being done by Brexit and austerity is getting worse as time passes.

The rally was great, bad weather always keeps the "Gucci," bikers away. I was also able to ask some questions and get answers from experts that I can only do face to face and not where there is any record of the conversations.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

cromwell

Quote from: srb7677 on January 31, 2022, 12:53:16 AM
How correct he is will likely depend upon how long Boris remains in place, damaging the Tories in the public eye in the process. If he is still there at the next election the Tories will be slaughtered and Labour will probably get a wholly undeserved majority. If they replace him they have a chance of turning things around, the sooner they do it the better the chance.

The fact is that, without even acknowledging it to yourself, you have morphed into a Tory supporter in all but name, even if only on the basis of them being the best of a bad bunch. Personally I would not even afford them that status. If it is possible for anything to be even worse than Starmer's lot, Boris and his shower is proving to be it right now. I will be backing neither. But I don't want the Tories to do so badly that they gift it to Starmer. Even I need them to get their act together to avert a Labour majority. Because that is the last thing I want to see.
So based on an accurate observation I made you come to a wholly false conclusion. :-\
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

Thomas

https://peterabell.scot/2022/01/31/use-or-lose/

The guy in the picture , for those who dont know , is the labour parties sole mp in scotland ian murray. A bigger clown never has walked this earth.

Even scot tories are lecturing him about his anti democrtic stance.

Labour party really are the gift that keeps  giving.
An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

Thomas

Quote from: Borchester on January 30, 2022, 06:26:35 PM
Dunno.

The latest opinion polls give Labour a 5.3% lead, which is nice but not the 9% the brothers and sisters had last month. And Boris has four months to do something clever before the local elections in May.

boycey has this never ending capacity of repeating specualtion as fact.

He seems to hang constantly on the north shropshire by election because the tories lost , implies this is going to be repeated at a general election , but fails to mention starmer has lost what was it 4/6 by elections?

As ever , we have lefty wishfull thinking clouding reality.

Meanwhile , i see in scotland labours sole mp ian murray is demanding wesminster stop krankie from holding another indy ref. I tell you sometimes i almost  , almost ....feel sorry for keir starmer..

With groundtroops like boycey and good old , and politicians like daft ian murray (elected off the back ot tory tactical voters lol) on your side , who needs political enemies?
An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

srb7677

Quote from: cromwell on January 30, 2022, 08:49:52 PMElections a way off yet Smurf.
How correct he is will likely depend upon how long Boris remains in place, damaging the Tories in the public eye in the process. If he is still there at the next election the Tories will be slaughtered and Labour will probably get a wholly undeserved majority. If they replace him they have a chance of turning things around, the sooner they do it the better the chance.

The fact is that, without even acknowledging it to yourself, you have morphed into a Tory supporter in all but name, even if only on the basis of them being the best of a bad bunch. Personally I would not even afford them that status. If it is possible for anything to be even worse than Starmer's lot, Boris and his shower is proving to be it right now. I will be backing neither. But I don't want the Tories to do so badly that they gift it to Starmer. Even I need them to get their act together to avert a Labour majority. Because that is the last thing I want to see.

papasmurf

Quote from: Good old on January 30, 2022, 07:43:31 PM
Toots it's not just the polls is it.? Chesham, North Shropshire, a massive swing to Lib Dems. And that was on previous Boris, messes . Those people were and are saying enough is enough. It's not just Starmer, they have to fear, the Lib Dems can and will play their part. And we haven't really seen the actual reaction to his present situation yet. If that swing to Libs happens in less well held seats he and the party could well be toast.
The Tories could very easily lose all of their seats in Cornwall to the Lib/Dems.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe