Breaking. Met Police launches investigation into Downing Street parties,

Started by papasmurf, January 25, 2022, 10:21:31 AM

« previous - next »

B0ycey

Quite interesting to see BoJos message today saying he welcomes the MET doing their own investigation. You have to wonder why he didn't ask a judge to do the investigation if he thinks an impartial report was welcome. It is of course a delay strategy. But I doubt the MET would have done their own investigation without significant evidence in front of them. I suspect BoJo is hoping he can somehow avoid a penalty notice. But my suspicion is the party that has the most evidence against it would be the one with the invitation on the 20th, the one he most definitely attended and the one with video footage that can collaborate attendees and time spent in the garden.

cromwell

Quote from: T00ts on January 25, 2022, 04:44:11 PM
No I am not. Dancing Much as you would like it! I have said for long enough that BJ needs to go. So unless you are recommending a GE surely now is not the time for navel gazing either politically or nationally. There is far too much to do. Booting BJ out the door before the leadership election process is done is ridiculous. Hence my recommendation for taking time to calm down, assess properly and take measured steps.
Boris should've resigned from the off if he had any good in him at all.
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

T00ts

Quote from: cromwell on January 25, 2022, 04:23:08 PM
I can see Cummings rubbing his hands,again so what..... you are then suggesting that Boris be given a free ride because any replacements are seen to be greater imbeciles.

We've come to a sad state where people are suggesting a two tier system of law.....one for them and one for us.

The fact there is such a poor political gene pool is down to the electorate in part, the greater blame on the party system itself and westminster.
No I am not. Dancing Much as you would like it! I have said for long enough that BJ needs to go. So unless you are recommending a GE surely now is not the time for navel gazing either politically or nationally. There is far too much to do. Booting BJ out the door before the leadership election process is done is ridiculous. Hence my recommendation for taking time to calm down, assess properly and take measured steps. 

cromwell

Quote from: Thomas on January 25, 2022, 04:26:00 PM
carefully orchestrated witch hunt. Johnson to be fair makes it easy for them toots , but im sure you have been reading stuff like this ....

They are desperate to take johnson down and begin the process of reversing brexit.

Johnson is a Tw** , and has clearly done wrong , but i think a lot of folk have to look at the bigger picture and the wider machinations .

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/boris-johnson-resign-brexit-heseltine-b1997429.html
I don't dispute any of that you wrote Thomas and can see the danger to Brexit,however herd instinct would be ignore it,I don't believe it should be.

Thomas

Quote from: T00ts on January 25, 2022, 04:11:41 PM
Oh cromwell. that's just joining the herd! Can't you tell when things are being blown up for a purpose?
carefully orchestrated witch hunt. Johnson to be fair makes it easy for them toots , but im sure you have been reading stuff like this ....

They are desperate to take johnson down and begin the process of reversing brexit.

Johnson is a Tw** , and has clearly done wrong , but i think a lot of folk have to look at the bigger picture and the wider machinations .

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/boris-johnson-resign-brexit-heseltine-b1997429.html
An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

cromwell

Quote from: T00ts on January 25, 2022, 04:11:41 PM
Oh cromwell. that's just joining the herd! Can't you tell when things are being blown up for a purpose?
I can see Cummings rubbing his hands,again so what..... you are then suggesting that Boris be given a free ride because any replacements are seen to be greater imbeciles.

We've come to a sad state where people are suggesting a two tier system of law.....one for them and one for us.

The fact there is such a poor political gene pool is down to the electorate in part, the greater blame on the party system itself and westminster.

T00ts

Quote from: cromwell on January 25, 2022, 03:16:58 PM
No it's not because those elected and in govt decided the rules but thought complying with said rules beneath them......that cannot be allowed to pass.
So what other people working in the health service did the same and more but didn't go to work for a pissup.
Which wouldn't have happened if they'd followed the rules would it?
They stabbed themselves,basically what you suggest is somebody get's their car nicked,purse stolen plod should say sod off we've better things to do.

Streetwalker

Quote from: Borchester on January 25, 2022, 01:43:56 PM
Because that is what you want.
No its not . Every knows there were parties  we dont need an investigation to tell us the fact of the matter . 

cromwell

Quote from: T00ts on January 25, 2022, 11:33:38 AM
Because the whole debacle is like a junior school playground fight and should be beneath those elected to sit in HofC.
No it's not because those elected and in govt decided the rules but thought complying with said rules beneath them......that cannot be allowed to pass.

QuoteThese people were working together every day some hardly going home.

So what other people working in the health service did the same and more but didn't go to work for a pissup.

QuoteThe whole thing has been blown up to cause the most damage and is the most unworthy and likely nationally damaging row possible.

Which wouldn't have happened if they'd followed the rules would it?

QuoteGive me strength! They would be better employed looking to stop the stabbings in the streets rather than help Labour stab the country's leaders.
They stabbed themselves,basically what you suggest is somebody get's their car nicked,purse stolen plod should say sod off we've better things to do.

T00ts

Quote from: Good old on January 25, 2022, 02:02:58 PM
So what do you propose Toots, in future Downing Street should be allowed it's own code of conduct. As long as it can point to the known problems of running the country as an excuse.?  We have changed PMs in time of war, so that doesn't rub. Johnson, is daily lowering the countries respect for the office he occupies. He has presided over a shambles of ethical behaviour and if he had the honour of that office in mind would resign.
Don't mistake me. I have said for months that BJ has to go for all sorts of reasons, but my point is that like at every other time a week is a long time in politics and the focus should move. Too much political time is being taken up on cakes and wine. Should the buck stop with him? Of course but not right now. BTW if BJ walks or gets carried from No 10 Dominic Raab is in charge until voting processes complete. Does that appeal?

Good old

Quote from: T00ts on January 25, 2022, 01:49:40 PM
I rather hope it does do something to give time for everyone so fired up to see sense. There are so many other more important things happening and about to happen to have this distraction continuing like it is. The Government needs to focus on life beyond cakes and nibbles and those determined to get as much mileage as possible out of this do us all a real dis-service.
So what do you propose Toots, in future Downing Street should be allowed it's own code of conduct. As long as it can point to the known problems of running the country as an excuse.?  We have changed PMs in time of war, so that doesn't rub. Johnson, is daily lowering the countries respect for the office he occupies. He has presided over a shambles of ethical behaviour and if he had the honour of that office in mind would resign.

B0ycey

Quote from: T00ts on January 25, 2022, 01:49:40 PM
I rather hope it does do something to give time for everyone so fired up to see sense. There are so many other more important things happening and about to happen to have this distraction continuing like it is. The Government needs to focus on life beyond cakes and nibbles and those determined to get as much mileage as possible out of this do us all a real dis-service.
Given the situation, it would be wise for the Tories to ditch BoJo if he refuses to step down. BoJo is the Chamberlain in this story. Not Churchill. Not that I think Russia is about to invade I might add. But that we need a leader that is respected in Europe right now so we can work together to get a coordinated response. And BoJo is not that.

papasmurf

Quote from: T00ts on January 25, 2022, 01:49:40 PMThe Government needs to focus on life beyond cakes and nibbles 
The problem is it isn't and hasn't.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

T00ts

I rather hope it does do something to give time for everyone so fired up to see sense. There are so many other more important things happening and about to happen to have this distraction continuing like it is. The Government needs to focus on life beyond cakes and nibbles and those determined to get as much mileage as possible out of this do us all a real dis-service.

Borchester

Quote from: Streetwalker on January 25, 2022, 01:33:42 PM
Thats fair enough  , a misdemeanour then which wont result in a prosecution .  Why are plod wasting their time and our taxes then ?

Because that is what you want.
Algerie Francais !