Breaking. Met Police launches investigation into Downing Street parties,

Started by papasmurf, January 25, 2022, 10:21:31 AM

« previous - next »

Thomas

Quote from: Good old on January 30, 2022, 02:04:24 PM
In that case ithe man telling her what to do, couldn't give a monkeys about Blair's record. Oh of course , "Boris, what have you done now".  "Well good cover ain't he".
'Sir Tony Blair'? How cheaply knighthoods come in our broken honours system

On paper the reason for the garter, not a normal knighthood, is that Blair was once prime minister and all former holders of that office get one, as they once got earldoms. James Callaghan did, as did Margaret Thatcher. The difference is that Blair's honour has been delayed for 15 years. The palace might argue that there are only three vacancies in the 24-strong companionship and there are four ex-prime ministers waiting, along with other worthy candidates.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2022/jan/05/tony-blair-knighthood-britains-honours-system-is-broken
An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

T00ts

Quote from: Good old on January 30, 2022, 02:04:24 PM
In that case ithe man telling her what to do, couldn't give a monkeys about Blair's record. Oh of course , "Boris, what have you done now".  "Well good cover ain't he".
I think it is pretty common knowledge that the Queen and particularly Philip loathed Blair. Perhaps Philip's death opened the honours gate to Blair.

Thomas

Quote from: cromwell on January 30, 2022, 01:59:11 PM
Well there were those on here saying the queen was told to award it so as to unblock the log jam so they'd get their  (also undeserved) honours
wasnt it well know the queen coudlnt stand blair either cromwell , and he was the first pm in history not to be automatically awarded a place in the lords and a knighthood at the time?

Good old

Quote from: cromwell on January 30, 2022, 01:59:11 PM
Well there were those on here saying the queen was told to award it so as to unblock the log jam so they'd get their  (also undeserved) honours

In that case ithe man telling her what to do, couldn't give a monkeys about Blair's record. Oh of course , "Boris, what have you done now".  "Well good cover ain't he".

cromwell

Quote from: Good old on January 30, 2022, 01:49:44 PM
Are you also questioning the Queens,moral compass? Now you are frigging desperate.
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

Thomas

Quote from: Good old on January 30, 2022, 01:56:54 PM

And as you hold Blair, in such low regard why do you worry that Starmer might emulate him? Now that doesn't seem logical, but what do I know.
Its self evident. We are still paying for and clearing up blairs mess from 20 years ago , we dont need another blair in power to spend the rest of our lives clearing up yet more mess and pfi debt etc etc.

Thomas

Quote from: Good old on January 30, 2022, 01:49:44 PM
Are you also questioning the Queens,moral compass? Now you are frigging desperate.
:D

Labour seem to have overplayed thier feeble hand yet again.( fuel shortages , christmas crises :D )

The manufactured furore over cake and a wee bit of prosecco seems to have died down. Boris is still in power.

Meanwhile we are being asked to listen to a man who thinks tony blair is a hero.

You just dont get it do you good old?

Good old

Quote from: Thomas on January 30, 2022, 01:30:57 PM
so do you , and im pointing out your comparison is absurd.
we have every right to bring blair into it , as starmer is trying desperately and failing to emulate him. As well as the fact he has blairite clowns like milliband and mandelson advising him .

The logical conclusion is labour cannot be trusted , and must be kept away from the levers of power at every level for as long as possible . 

You have every right to bring Blair into it. If you think it might help. And no I don't compare, I would have thought that was obvious. And we could argue all year if I let you about what is logical no thanks.
And as you hold Blair, in such low regard why do you worry that Starmer might emulate him? Now that doesn't seem logical, but what do I know.

Good old

Quote from: Thomas on January 30, 2022, 01:37:59 PM
why would johnson , or the joe public accept moral judgement from a man like keir starmer who thinks tony blair deserves a knighthood?

Thats why no one takes labour serious .....whatever bojo or the tories do , labour have done it  , and done it ten times worse. Talk about throwing stones in glass fackin houses.?

Thomas

Quote from: Good old on January 30, 2022, 01:10:06 PM
So Boris, can do what he frigging well likes is that it. ?

why would johnson , or the joe public accept moral judgement from a man like keir starmer who thinks tony blair deserves a knighthood?

Thats why no one takes labour serious .....whatever bojo or the tories do , labour have done it  , and done it ten times worse. Talk about throwing stones in glass fackin houses.?

Thomas

Quote from: Good old on January 30, 2022, 01:20:02 PM
It's you that wants to compare, i
so do you , and im pointing out your comparison is absurd.

Quoteas in some warped world you live in all political misdemeanour since the  Blair, period, can now be ignored as in your opinion it doesn't compare .

Obviously we are all off the hook, of responsibility if you take that to a logical conclusion.
we have every right to bring blair into it , as starmer is trying desperately and failing to emulate him. As well as the fact he has blairite clowns like milliband and mandelson advising him .

The logical conclusion is labour cannot be trusted , and must be kept away from the levers of power at every level for as long as possible .

Thomas

Quote from: Good old on January 30, 2022, 01:10:06 PM
And your mistake is to think I don't know Blair's record contains serious flaws. But in my estimation there have been many before him just as, or more flawed if their record was to be put under the microscope .
Blair, is thought to have been a piss taker you say. So Boris, can do what he frigging well likes is that it. ?
Well according to Boris, what you think doesn't matter. Because at this minute he is letting us know yes he can.
In all my years posting on this forum and its predesscessor , one thing has stood out time and again.

Despite all our political differences , almost to a man and woman , tony blair is uniquely universally loathed.

We expect lefties to come out and despise tory pms , we expect righties to do the same for labour , but blair is the only perosn i can recall who is hated almost equally by left and right , and all in between.

Boris is a piss taker , and so are most if not all politicians past and present. Blair though......that man is in a league of his own , just like his fackin party.

Labour lecture the public and stand against them on almost every issue , the tories and johnson at least have the mother wit to get on board with joe public , and that is why they win elections , while labour constantly lose.

Stabbing people in the back and lectirung them routinely as labour do is never a good look.

Good old

Quote from: Thomas on January 30, 2022, 12:59:11 PM
are you seriously trying to compare the iraq debacle with the first or second world wars , or the falklands invasion by argentina?

Desperate stuff from you yet again good old.

It's you that wants to compare, in fact you are desperate to compare.as in some warped world you live in all political misdemeanour since the  Blair, period, can now be ignored as in your opinion it doesn't compare .
Obviously we are all off the hook, of responsibility if you take that to a logical conclusion.

Good old

Quote from: Thomas on January 30, 2022, 01:00:24 PM
Is that why there was so much outrage about blairs knighthood?

Tony blair has to be the biggest piss taker in modern uk politics , a man despised by both the left and right.

And your mistake is to think I don't know Blair's record contains serious flaws. But in my estimation there have been many before him just as, or more flawed if their record was to be put under the microscope .
Blair, is thought to have been a piss taker you say. So Boris, can do what he frigging well likes is that it. ?
Well according to Boris, what you think doesn't matter. Because at this minute he is letting us know yes he can.

Thomas

Quote from: Good old on January 30, 2022, 12:45:30 PM
I think the public know a piss taker when they see one. If it's got so bad they can't then God help us.
Is that why there was so much outrage about blairs knighthood?

Tony blair has to be the biggest piss taker in modern uk politics , a man despised by both the left and right.