Saving the dogs.

Started by Good old, January 26, 2022, 02:47:58 PM

« previous - next »

T00ts

Quote from: B0ycey on January 26, 2022, 03:29:24 PM
Well I would love a General Election given the Tories will have a night to forget. But that isn't going to happen. And a leadership battle depends on Tory MPs. So really this comes down to Johnsons character right now. He is damaging his party and the nation by clinging on. No other leader, and that includes Thatcher, has been wrapped in so much scandal and has damaged democracy as much as him. So my opinion now is if we can't get rid of the dead wood and that dead wood has no moral standing to resign, then it is time to attack his record. Johnson seems to want to talk about his record and other important things right now, I suggest the opposition does that given its a disaster and another stick to smack him with. And it was interesting hearing Blackford taking about independence as a method to get out of Westminster for Scotland. At this moment in time that is hard to argue against.
No. The thought that the Conservatives would lose against Starmer looks very doubtful to me even though the new 'rebel' northern MPs might be a bit precarious. We have had 2 years of Covid focus and to have expected everything to go along swimmingly is a bit perverse. 
We do have a massive debt but again I am philosophical that despite the current reports the Cabinet and Treasury will have to make concessions before too many are forced under the weight of it. You see I don't see them as inhuman but timing is really important. They say a week is a long time in politics and we have a couple of months before a deadline. Things true now may well change in 8 weeks and the counter action change too. We would be quick to criticise Ministers for changing their minds if they act too soon. Dead wood you say? BJ is not dead wood. I do believe that he has the makings of a good PM but sadly he has made personnel and personal choices that have been misjudged to say the least. His time is up it's true but how this is done is most important. 

The hotheaded 'he must resign, he must be driven out' is really short sighted in my view. I keep saying it but we need to be sensible and measured. Whatever course of action is chosen will take time and the general impatience in the modern ideal of wanting everything yesterday only throws us into more chaos. Patient, wise and balanced heads is what we all need.

Sheepy

Quote from: Good old on January 26, 2022, 02:47:58 PMCouldn't give a F—k for truth.?
Show us a politician who does? that would be fun.
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

Barry

Another day, another lie found out. All done because Carrie wouldn't let him have sex if he didn't authorise it, or something similarly banal.
Has he resigned yet?
† The end is nigh †

B0ycey

Quote from: T00ts on January 26, 2022, 03:12:15 PM
Of course the saga continues. There are those most likely one, who is determined to bring BJ down. He seems to be succeeding. It is nothing more than nasty vindictive vengeance, but I don't suppose that is something that you want to hear. So ok let's all do it properly. Have a leadership battle and a GE. I think Rees Mogg was right when he threw that gauntlet down. Just one problem here, until that time we either remain with BJ at the helm or Dom Raab. Is it too crucial a time to rock the boat until it capsizes? Where does that leave us all?
Well I would love a General Election given the Tories will have a night to forget. But that isn't going to happen. And a leadership battle depends on Tory MPs. So really this comes down to Johnsons character right now. He is damaging his party and the nation by clinging on. No other leader, and that includes Thatcher, has been wrapped in so much scandal and has damaged democracy as much as him. So my opinion now is if we can't get rid of the dead wood and that dead wood has no moral standing to resign, then it is time to attack his record. Johnson seems to want to talk about his record and other important things right now, I suggest the opposition does that given its a disaster and another stick to smack him with. And it was interesting hearing Blackford taking about independence as a method to get out of Westminster for Scotland. At this moment in time that is hard to argue against.

T00ts

Quote from: B0ycey on January 26, 2022, 03:01:39 PM
Johnson digs his own grave. It has got to the point now that we may have to accept that he is his own worse enemy. Johnson stories are a weekly occurrence and he is taking down his own party. Time now to focus on the governments poor performance the past few years. No point talking about parties after the Sue Gray report and the MET has handed out the penalty notices. Let's talk about inflation, Afghanistan, NI protocol, NHS staff vacancies, cancer delays, the Brexit lie, cost of living, gas prices, NI tax rise, cladding, expenses, government right offs, illegal deals, the NHS sell off, lack of farm workers, the care home shortages and everything else he has f**ked up on with his piss poor premiership. If he doesn't step down he is no better than Cummings in my opinion.
Of course the saga continues. There are those most likely one, who is determined to bring BJ down. He seems to be succeeding. It is nothing more than nasty vindictive vengeance, but I don't suppose that is something that you want to hear. So ok let's all do it properly. Have a leadership battle and a GE. I think Rees Mogg was right when he threw that gauntlet down. Just one problem here, until that time we either remain with BJ at the helm or Dom Raab. Is it too crucial a time to rock the boat until it capsizes? Where does that leave us all?

B0ycey

Johnson digs his own grave. It has got to the point now that we may have to accept that he is his own worse enemy. Johnson stories are a weekly occurrence and he is taking down his own party. Time now to focus on the governments poor performance the past few years. No point talking about parties after the Sue Gray report and the MET has handed out the penalty notices. Let's talk about inflation, Afghanistan, NI protocol, NHS staff vacancies, cancer delays, the Brexit lie, cost of living, gas prices, NI tax rise, cladding, expenses, government right offs, illegal deals, the NHS sell off, lack of farm workers, the care home shortages and everything else he has fucked up on with his piss poor premiership. If he doesn't step down he is no better than Cummings in my opinion.

T00ts

Quote from: Good old on January 26, 2022, 02:47:58 PM
Does he ever stop.  He has denied this very publicly . Yet here we are again. In the age of the email you would think he would consider  just for once that it becomes a matter of record. For an intellectual it can only be absent mindedness . Or could it be the plain old arrogance of a man  that
Couldn't give a F—k for truth.?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-60143279
Sadly he has been in thrall to an unelected woman. Her fingerprints seem to be increasingly over everything.

Good old

Does he ever stop.  He has denied this very publicly . Yet here we are again. In the age of the email you would think he would consider  just for once that it becomes a matter of record. For an intellectual it can only be absent mindedness . Or could it be the plain old arrogance of a man  that 
Couldn't give a F—k for truth.?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-60143279