Saving the dogs.

Started by Good old, January 26, 2022, 02:47:58 PM

« previous - next »

Sheepy

Quote from: srb7677 on January 27, 2022, 10:24:14 AM
Yes most politicians are not averse to telling porky pies when it suits. I have never know a Prime Minister who has never lied, and in my adult lifetime that includes Thatcher, Major, Blair, Brown, Cameron, May and Johnson. Probably the least dishonest out of that lot was May.

But any fool can see that with Johnson it is off the scale. He is in a total league of his own when it comes to the frequency and utter transparency of his lies. And the public can see it and want rid. Either the Tories have to ditch him, or else come the next election the public will ditch them. And the longer his MPs stupidly rally round to keep him in place, the greater the chance that public hostility will spread to THEM and their party.

And do any of us want Starmer's lot in?
See there you again, stop giving your consent to the Westminster party or nothing changes, Starmers lot doesn't need to get in unless you allow it. 
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

T00ts

Quote from: Good old on January 27, 2022, 10:41:39 AM
We all know you will get support for that view of things. In simple terms ,two wrongs don't make a right.
But beyond that , if Blair or any of the people Steve, mentions set their own levels of lying , it can not be used as a level ,that as long as you drop below , it's OK. Johnson's biggest problem is he is persistent, to the extreme.
His detractors warned of this before he ever got power, and he hasn't let them down. Now what other PM, has ever been able to say that?
I really don't disagree. I never wanted BJ as PM in the first place but aren't we in danger of simply painting the poor man (and he is just a human being after all) as dishonourable as possible just to fulfil a leftie dream? Finish off the Conservatives! Bring them down in a blaze of lies etc etc never to rise again. Be honest - we have a nasty little man who sees himself as King maker and breaker wreaking his promised havoc. We have a more than lack lustre opposition (they just don't know what they really oppose) who are happy once again, just as they did over Brexit, to create havoc for their own ends, while the Nation drops off the concern agenda. 
The HofC has not recovered from the debacle that they created during all the Brexit party war. Those not really accountable for the country are just playing games. I am amazed that the current Gov. has managed to do anything over the last couple of years, but I guess that's all forgotten while this current brainless feeding frenzy continues.

Good old

Quote from: T00ts on January 27, 2022, 10:29:12 AM
Really - Blair and WMD? I reckon that beats cakes.

We all know you will get support for that view of things. In simple terms ,two wrongs don't make a right.
But beyond that , if Blair or any of the people Steve, mentions set their own levels of lying , it can not be used as a level ,that as long as you drop below , it's OK. Johnson's biggest problem is he is persistent, to the extreme. 
His detractors warned of this before he ever got power, and he hasn't let them down. Now what other PM, has ever been able to say that?

T00ts

Quote from: srb7677 on January 27, 2022, 10:24:14 AM
Yes most politicians are not averse to telling porky pies when it suits. I have never know a Prime Minister who has never lied, and in my adult lifetime that includes Thatcher, Major, Blair, Brown, Cameron, May and Johnson. Probably the least dishonest out of that lot was May.

But any fool can see that with Johnson it is off the scale. He is in a total league of his own when it comes to the frequency and utter transparency of his lies. And the public can see it and want rid. Either the Tories have to ditch him, or else come the next election the public will ditch them. And the longer his MPs stupidly rally round to keep him in place, the greater the chance that public hostility will spread to THEM and their party.

Really - Blair and WMD? I reckon that beats cakes.

srb7677

Quote from: Sheepy on January 26, 2022, 08:01:44 PM
I know Boris is a raving liar, what I am pointing out is unless you can show me a politician who isn't then you are voting for the same insanity however you use your vote.

But any fool can see that with Johnson it is off the scale. He is in a total league of his own when it comes to the frequency and utter transparency of his lies. And the public can see it and want rid. Either the Tories have to ditch him, or else come the next election the public will ditch them. And the longer his MPs stupidly rally round to keep him in place, the greater the chance that public hostility will spread to THEM and their party. 

We are not all in the same boat. We are in the same storm. Some of us have yachts. Some of us have canoes. Some of us are drowning.

Sheepy

Quote from: Good old on January 26, 2022, 07:49:20 PM
Nothings perfect in this world  You know that much sheep.  But a proven liar, and I reiterate proven liar, is invariably the source for a breakdown in any relationship, business arrangement, or position of authority.
Why Promote a proven liar to the highest post in our politics. And worse still keep him there when he contemptuously slaps your face with distortions of the truth at every turn.
Yes it's all nuts, the only thing that keeps it remotely sane is the attempt to maintain some standards  for our politicians,  it's all that has ever kept it sane, and all that ever will.  So to stop at least insisting on some semblance of control in our politicians basic behaviour, and it goes from on the margin of insanity into full blown insanity. And if we don't see it for what it is we really are f—ked
I know Boris is a raving liar, what I am pointing out is unless you can show me a politician who isn't then you are voting for the same insanity however you use your vote. 

srb7677

Quote from: T00ts on January 26, 2022, 03:54:31 PMPatient, wise and balanced heads is what we all need.
Which is exactly why Bozo miust go ASAP. It is the now absolutely necessary prerequisite to any chance of having patient, wise and balanced heads to settle things
We are not all in the same boat. We are in the same storm. Some of us have yachts. Some of us have canoes. Some of us are drowning.

Good old

Quote from: Sheepy on January 26, 2022, 07:20:34 PM
So not only can't you point out a politician who doesn't lie through their back teeth constantly, but tell us we should keep voting for the same thing, do you have a clue how completely nuts that sounds?

Nothings perfect in this world  You know that much sheep.  But a proven liar, and I reiterate proven liar, is invariably the source for a breakdown in any relationship, business arrangement, or position of authority.
Why Promote a proven liar to the highest post in our politics. And worse still keep him there when he contemptuously slaps your face with distortions of the truth at every turn.
Yes it's all nuts, the only thing that keeps it remotely sane is the attempt to maintain some standards  for our politicians,  it's all that has ever kept it sane, and all that ever will.  So to stop at least insisting on some semblance of control in our politicians basic behaviour, and it goes from on the margin of insanity into full blown insanity. And if we don't see it for what it is we really are f—ked

Sheepy

Quote from: B0ycey on January 26, 2022, 07:31:32 PM
I am not telling you to vote for anyone Sheepy. I am just explaining what is likely to happen. If people refuse to vote for Johnson due to his partygate actions, what happens is they vote for a lesser evil or not at all. Biden didn't win on his excellent oral ability or policy ambitions. He won because he wasn't Trump. This time last year we were talking about not knowing what Starmer stood for. Today we aren't any wiser. And yet he now has a 10pt lead. Why is that?

So the media says and if you haven't learnt you cannot believe a word they say you never will.

papasmurf

Quote from: B0ycey on January 26, 2022, 07:31:32 PM
 This time last year we were talking about not knowing what Starmer stood for. Today we aren't any wiser. And yet he now has a 10pt lead. Why is that?
Boris.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

B0ycey

Quote from: Sheepy on January 26, 2022, 07:20:34 PM
So not only can't you point out a politician who doesn't lie through their back teeth constantly, but tell us we should keep voting for the same thing, do you have a clue how completely nuts that sounds?
I am not telling you to vote for anyone Sheepy. I am just explaining what is likely to happen. If people refuse to vote for Johnson due to his partygate actions, what happens is they vote for a lesser evil or not at all. Biden didn't win on his excellent oral ability or policy ambitions. He won because he wasn't Trump. This time last year we were talking about not knowing what Starmer stood for. Today we aren't any wiser. And yet he now has a 10pt lead. Why is that?

Sheepy

Quote from: B0ycey on January 26, 2022, 04:13:18 PMUltimately you vote for the lesser evil

B0ycey

Quote from: Borchester on January 26, 2022, 06:00:04 PM
Not too sure how much harm that will do Boris and a lot of folk in the UK will still put their dogs ahead of people.
In a way I agree, but another way I don't. If BoJo at the time just said that he authorised this because he wanted to fill up half empty planes and that he valued the lives of dogs also, as a nation of dog lovers we might have a few angry voices but most people wouldn't give a shit. The problem he has is it is another lie to go with the other lies that is on visual record.

If you make a call you should stand by it. But this story will be forgot by tomorrow when (hopefully) we are talking about the Sue Gray report

T00ts

Quote from: cromwell on January 26, 2022, 06:32:19 PM
So will that cap be asbestos? :P

Methinks remainers ecstacy is so premature and short lived and some who believe in brexit doth panic too much......T00ts,getting shut of Boris changes nowt and those blarting unicorns are in denial.
I wouldn't do that to you. ;D

cromwell

Quote from: Borchester on January 26, 2022, 06:00:04 PM
Not too sure how much harm that will do Boris and a lot of folk in the UK will still put their dogs ahead of people.

Dominic Cummings is turning into a right little queanie.
If we were at war he'd be shot as a deserter.......and being an all round **** too.
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?