I have just cancelled my subscription to the Daily Telegraph

Started by Borchester, January 27, 2022, 03:51:02 PM

« previous - next »

Borchester

Quote from: DeppityDawg on January 27, 2022, 07:34:17 PM
:D

Aye. I agree. I had to go to our new owners (the company I work for was bought out last year) head office for the first time last week. It seemed that virtually everyone was about 27, wearing bermuda shorts, hawiian shirts and a beard, sitting on beans bags or playing pool in the "chill" room.

I don't think they "got" me at all. Which is just as well I suppose, as i certainly didnt "get" them.

I don't believe that. Youngsters don't have a sense of humour anymore.

The lass was still in work, which makes her a spotty bummed kid in my book :)

Algerie Francais !

Barry

Quote from: DeppityDawg on January 27, 2022, 07:34:17 PM

Aye. I agree. I had to go to our new owners (the company I work for was bought out last year) head office for the first time last week. It seemed that virtually everyone was about 27, wearing bermuda shorts, hawiian shirts and a beard...
Those trans women are a fun lot, aren't they?
† The end is nigh †

DeppityDawg

Aye. I agree. I had to go to our new owners (the company I work for was bought out last year) head office for the first time last week. It seemed that virtually everyone was about 27, wearing bermuda shorts, hawiian shirts and a beard, sitting on beans bags or playing pool in the "chill" room.

I don't think they "got" me at all. Which is just as well I suppose, as i certainly didnt "get" them.

Quoteshe just laughed and wished me a good day

I don't believe that. Youngsters don't have a sense of humour anymore.

Borchester

No particular reason, it is just if anyone declares World War III someone will soon post it on the internet.

And as to the rest, it is an elderly paper catering to elderly people and I know plenty of them as it is, so there is no reason for me to fork out £9 a month to hear their dribblings when I can get them for free.

And the girl at the other end agreed. Which was refreshing but something of a surprise. I thought she would give me a long explanation as to why I should continue to subscribe to the Torygraph but no, she just laughed and wished me a good day.

It seems quite common these days. A while back I changed my power company and when asked simply replied that I fancied changing my butchers. Once again, a laugh and have a good day. Amazon is slightly different. I closed my book selling account and it was six months before they noticed. But overall the business world seems much more laid back than it was.
Algerie Francais !