Massive Lorry Convoy protest in Canada

Started by Sampanviking, January 29, 2022, 11:22:07 AM

« previous - next »

Barry

† The end is nigh †

Barry

I would guess that Javid will not back down completely as politicians hate to feel they are not in charge of us plebs.
He will probably go for a delaying option, or a "implementation when the NHS can cope without the refuseniks" option.
Those sacked from care homes must be given their jobs back, if they want them.
† The end is nigh †

B0ycey

Quote from: Scott777 on January 30, 2022, 11:38:06 PM
Transmission is certainly not limited by vaccines.  Is that the crux of your reasoning?
Scott, I don't care about the mandate given the alternative is a staffing crisis which is worse. But that doesn't mean I will stick my head in the sand for some ideological fantasy. Vaccination does cut the transmission rate but sure you'll find a few cases of vaccinated carriers given the efficiency rate isn't 100%. And that is the logic of demanding staff to be vaccinated. To protect people who are sick and with a low immune system from catching Covid AS BEST AS YOU CAN whilst the6t are in hospital. But stating that is not saying I support the bill. Not only does it infringe on rights, it reduces the trained staff capacity and ultimately reduces care overall. And it seems the mandate is going anyway. Have to see what Javid says later.

Streetwalker

Quote from: Barry on January 31, 2022, 08:59:18 AM
Scott, I don't know how many times we have explained this and backed it up with peer reviewed evidence. I'm tired of typing it and inserting the links. People have formed their opinions based on "wateva" so good luck to them.
No you haven't .People have formed their opinions on available data not selected parts of it . 

Things have moved on though ,the Canadians have been positive  with the vaccine uptake  and like us see a vaccinated society as a safer society noting that there are some complications for a small number of people . Like us having a high number of vaccinated they now demand their freedoms ,that most of them have played the game and see the vaccine along with the weaker strain of corona as the end game 
Lets hope so 

Barry

Quote from: Scott777 on January 30, 2022, 11:38:06 PM
Transmission is certainly not limited by vaccines. 
Scott, I don't know how many times we have explained this and backed it up with peer reviewed evidence. I'm tired of typing it and inserting the links. People have formed their opinions based on "wateva" so good luck to them.
† The end is nigh †

Scott777

Quote from: B0ycey on January 30, 2022, 06:12:58 PM
No. The whole point of vaccinating the NHS staff is so you limit transmitting Covid to vulnerable sick people whilst they are in hospital with a weak immune system. Gastric bands aren't exactly transmissible. Not that I support Covid mandates. It is better to have full staff being regularly tested than half staff who are vaccinated given that offering care is the most paramount purpose of the NHS.

Transmission is certainly not limited by vaccines.  Is that the crux of your reasoning?
Those princes who have done great things have held good faith of little account, and have known how to craftily circumvent the intellect of men.  Niccolò Machiavelli.

B0ycey

Quote from: Scott777 on January 30, 2022, 06:05:33 PM
Would you support employment terms that require obese people to have a gastric band fitted?  If so, can you explain your reasoning?
No. The whole point of vaccinating the NHS staff is so you limit transmitting Covid to vulnerable sick people whilst they are in hospital with a weak immune system. Gastric bands aren't exactly transmissible. Not that I support Covid mandates. It is better to have full staff being regularly tested than half staff who are vaccinated given that offering care is the most paramount purpose of the NHS.

Scott777

Quote from: B0ycey on January 30, 2022, 02:06:35 PM
I agree, jabs shouldn't be mandatory. It should however be in the terms of employment. If you currently employed and contracted you shouldn't be forced to do anything as it stands given their contract doesn't demand such an action. And if you are applying for a job that demands you need to be vaccinated, then should think about another career if you don't like that. Like all choices most come with consequences.

Would you support employment terms that require obese people to have a gastric band fitted?  If so, can you explain your reasoning?
Those princes who have done great things have held good faith of little account, and have known how to craftily circumvent the intellect of men.  Niccolò Machiavelli.

Thomas

Quote from: B0ycey on January 30, 2022, 02:40:27 PM
It isn't mandatory if it is the terms of employment you agree to Thomas. You can choose not to apply after all. The same is true with surgeons and Hepatitis B jabs and Drivers requiring a driving licence.
boycey stop talking bollocks. Thats what a contract of employment is , mandatory terms and conditions.
An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

B0ycey

Quote from: Thomas on January 30, 2022, 02:20:46 PM
so you claim one minute jabs shouldnt be mandatory , then the next , jab by stealth in their contract?

I fink boycey speak with forked tongue.
It isn't mandatory if it is the terms of employment you agree to Thomas. You can choose not to apply after all. The same is true with surgeons and Hepatitis B jabs and Drivers requiring a driving licence.

Thomas

Quote from: B0ycey on January 30, 2022, 02:06:35 PM
I agree, jabs shouldn't be mandatory. It should however be in the terms of employment. If you currently employed and contracted you shouldn't be forced to do anything as it stands given their contract doesn't demand such an action. And if you are applying for a job that demands you need to be vaccinated, then should think about another career if you don't like that. Like all choices most come with consequences.
so you claim one minute jabs shouldnt be mandatory , then the next , jab by stealth in their contract?

I fink boycey speak with forked tongue.

B0ycey

Quote from: Barry on January 30, 2022, 01:08:19 PM
Jabs should never be mandatory, not whilst they carry a risk of injury or death, and not whilst they are an experimental mRNA therapy.
More power to the truckers, and the demise of the Trudeaus might be good for Canada.
I agree, jabs shouldn't be mandatory. It should however be in the terms of employment. If you currently employed and contracted you shouldn't be forced to do anything as it stands given their contract doesn't demand such an action. And if you are applying for a job that demands you need to be vaccinated, then should think about another career if you don't like that. Like all choices most come with consequences.

Barry

Quote from: B0ycey on January 30, 2022, 12:35:07 PM
My understanding is the mandate is actually popular in Canada. Of course the minority can make a loud noise. Nonetheless Trudeau should abolish it. Not so much to stop truckers from driving to Ottawa and blocking the road network but because they have a haulage driver shortage and get most of their shit from America. Like the NHS and care home mandate here, vaccination should be a requirement for new recruits not existing workers given otherwise you create a labor shortage problem in key sectors for very little in return.
Jabs should never be mandatory, not whilst they carry a risk of injury or death, and not whilst they are an experimental mRNA therapy.
More power to the truckers, and the demise of the Trudeaus might be good for Canada.
† The end is nigh †

B0ycey

My understanding is the mandate is actually popular in Canada. Of course the minority can make a loud noise. Nonetheless Trudeau should abolish it. Not so much to stop truckers from driving to Ottawa and blocking the road network but because they have a haulage driver shortage and get most of their shit from America. Like the NHS and care home mandate here, vaccination should be a requirement for new recruits not existing workers given otherwise you create a labor shortage problem in key sectors for very little in return.

Thomas