tax payers alliance criticise BBC

Started by Thomas, January 29, 2022, 03:37:13 PM

« previous - next »

srb7677

Quote from: Borchester on January 30, 2022, 01:21:06 PMmost Tory voters think that it is run by a bunch of leftie luvvies and that BBC stands for Brussels Broadcasting Corporation
Which merely demonstrates their ignorance. Most senior posts in the BBC are occupied by Tory appointees.

Yet the BBC has an undoubted bias, economically Thatcherite and socially woke liberal. The former convinces the left that it is hopelessly biased against them, whilst the latter convinces the right of the same.

This quite possibly explaims why the main remaining champions of the BBC are Blairites. Economically Thatcherite and socially woke liberal? That is Blairism in a nutshell. The BBC - Blairite Broadcasting Corporation.
We are not all in the same boat. We are in the same storm. Some of us have yachts. Some of us have canoes. Some of us are drowning.

cromwell

Quote from: Thomas on January 30, 2022, 05:52:41 PM
I think the trouble in this thread is a lot of issues and lines are getting blurred.

On top of that , i feel im posting in reply to boycey , hes not reading what im writing and we end up talking past each other.

Im saying in my opinion , i dont believe any country will carry on needing a state broadcaster ( as it stands) and that the licence fee will remain ( as it stands).

Both you and boycey appear to be saying the opposite , and then issue veiled threats alongthe lines of you will get taxed one way or the other to support a state broadcaster.

I can't possibly know what a uk or scottish government will tax me for in the future , but taxation like death is a certainty. im also not saying the bbc wont survive , it might go online more , and offer less live TV and cut down on services who knows?

What i am certain of is that old viewing habits , and how a tv tax is collected will change ,and is changing.

We know the licence as is stands is frozen for the coming years , we dont know what happens afterwards. Boycey seems to be repeating speculation as fact.

It might be we lose a licence fee and gain some sort of internet tax , i dont know and more importanly neither does boycey.

As long as the bbc  , how it stands and how it is currently paid for changes , then i will be content. Not to mention the bonus in scotland if we get independence , then it will further come under the cosh financially.
Thomas I'm not threatening anything,just offering an opinion.

And should wee Krankie pluck up courage for another indy ref and wins she'll take over bbc Scotland and you'll end up paying for that IMO.
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

srb7677

Quote from: B0ycey on January 30, 2022, 10:30:30 AMControl of the narrative is very important if you want control of your audience and defacto nation. That is the national security concern. 
This is the very problem with the BBC right there. More and more of us are recognising it as the mouthpiece of the status quo and the establishment. Which makes it the enemy of those of us who can recognise a broken political and economic model when we see it and want real change. We do not need or want to be told what to think by a state broadcaster, propagandising on behalf of the current set up. 
We are not all in the same boat. We are in the same storm. Some of us have yachts. Some of us have canoes. Some of us are drowning.

Thomas

Quote from: cromwell on January 30, 2022, 04:56:39 PM
Nobody is saying viewing habits aren't altering which is why I said it doesn't matter where you get your content more importantly your info and govts will seek to control that,China already has(and others) and in each respective country the plebs wll pay for it one way or another.......that's not luddite,that's a fact.
I think the trouble in this thread is a lot of issues and lines are getting blurred.

On top of that , i feel im posting in reply to boycey , hes not reading what im writing and we end up talking past each other.

Im saying in my opinion , i dont believe any country will carry on needing a state broadcaster ( as it stands) and that the licence fee will not remain ( as it stands).

Both you and boycey appear to be saying the opposite , and then issue veiled threats alongthe lines of you will get taxed one way or the other to support a state broadcaster.

I can't possibly know what a uk or scottish government will tax me for in the future , but taxation like death is a certainty. im also not saying the bbc wont survive , it might go online more , and offer less live TV and cut down on services who knows?

What i am certain of is that old viewing habits , and how a tv tax is collected will change ,and is changing.

We know the licence as is stands is frozen for the coming years , we dont know what happens afterwards. Boycey seems to be repeating speculation as fact.

It might be we lose a licence fee and gain some sort of internet tax , i dont know and more importanly neither does boycey.

As long as the bbc  , how it stands and how it is currently paid for changes , then i will be content. Not to mention the bonus in scotland if we get independence , then it will further come under the cosh financially.

An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

B0ycey

Quote from: cromwell on January 30, 2022, 04:56:39 PM
Nobody is saying viewing habits aren't altering which is why I said it doesn't matter where you get your content more importantly your info and govts will seek to control that,China already has(and others) and in each respective country the plebs wll pay for it one way or another.......that's not luddite,that's a fact.
It should be said that the BBC is actually evolving to our viewing habits in any case. Their online presence is for more potent than their analogue service. China aren't unique here. And control of that is important I guess. So if we aren't expecting privatisation, we are talking about taxation and that is just the way it is. And anyone who thinks that Joe Youngster isn't going to be accessing BBC content because he doesn't own a TV (never going to happen), isn't watching that actually national media outlets have already broadened their reach online and strengthening that market to keep up with demand so don't require a TV to spread their message anyway.

cromwell

Quote from: Thomas on January 30, 2022, 04:37:20 PM
He isnt right cromwell , and you and i have been over this tired argument time and again. All over the world , especially the first world western countries , the traditional method of viewing and consuming media is dying on its feet. Things are changing rapidly.

Its like the luddite argument.

In many countries , increasing numbers of people who dont own tvs can legally opt out of this tax , as more and more viewing habits are being consumed online.

I rasied the point numerous times how do you raise a tv tax for the bbc from younger generations without a telly? How do you enforce it?
im not sure i have disagreed with you on this. Where we disagree is your obstinance we will carry on into the future viewing telly like they did in the old days.

As i said to you before cromwell , you obviously dont have teenagers in the house.
so you keep saying mate , but how you police , and control it and force payment is another matter they havent quite twigged yet  .

Thomas

Quote from: cromwell on January 30, 2022, 04:28:29 PM
Well tbf Thomas he is right,practically every state in the world has a state broadcaster,most are funded by an indirect tax.
He isnt right cromwell , and you and i have been over this tired argument time and again. All over the world , especially the first world western countries , the traditional method of viewing and consuming media is dying on its feet. Things are changing rapidly.

Its like the luddite argument.

In many countries , increasing numbers of people who dont own tvs can legally opt out of this tax , as more and more viewing habits are being consumed online.

I rasied the point numerous times how do you raise a tv tax for the bbc from younger generations without a telly? How do you enforce it?

QuoteWhether you disagree or not doesn't matter that is the fact,countries across the world are worried by the internet,they will do their best to control that.
im not sure i have disagreed with you on this. Where we disagree is your obstinance we will carry on into the future viewing telly like they did in the old days.

As i said to you before cromwell , you obviously dont have teenagers in the house.

Quote..some already have so stream it or watch it by aeriel or satellite dish they will try to control and we all will pay.
so you keep saying mate , but how you police , and control it and force payment is another matter they havent quite twigged yet  .

B0ycey

Quote from: Thomas on January 30, 2022, 04:09:33 PM
I am clearly and fully aware you said that , and i can clearly read what you have written.

You dont seem to comprehend we are disagreeing  on the fact the state

1. needs a broadcaster.

2. will remain state owned.

Im not sure what part of this you arent getting ?

you have said this over and over about seven times now , and i repeat what i said earlier  , i disagree.

You seem to have this left wing belief if you keep screaming something at someone over and over eventually they will agree with you?

Well i dont , for the various reasons given throughout this and other threads...

There is no conrete proposal so far to replace the licence fee with an obligatory tax. As yet , its nothing more than speculation.
you havent established any link between the continuance of the bbc as a state funded organistation in the twenty first century , and so called national security.

Again , you scream the same thing over and over . im aware opf what nadine dorries said.

didnt you read , or more importantly comprehend yet agin the bit in my earlier post where i said this...

again can you quote me in this thread or any other wher i said the bbc was getting sold off? You keep littering this thread with straw men and bullshit innuendo , while evading or ignoring what im saying to you.

Read what im writing not what you think im writing.

If you disagree, you disagree Thomas. But I have explained why the BBC will remain state owned and have actually provided a link explaining there is no movement to privatise it. So rather go over something you seem to want to ignore so you can keep telling me you don't want to pay a licence, the audience are getting younger and streaming or whatever nonsense you want to fling my direction, all I am saying is the licence days are over and taxation either NI or income is likely to replace it. Dorries said she wants to discuss new ways to pay for the BBC with the opposition and at no point was selling it off mentioned in her statement. There is no government out there who seem to want to abolish state run media enterprises which seem strange if you genuinely believe we are all going to move onto Netflix for all our media demands. The BBC is not really about entertainment but our propaganda outsource. If it was just about Eastenders and Strictly then it would become an online service very much like Netflix. But it isn't. The BBC offer many more services, most of which are online than analogue TV stations and as such a pay on demand service isn't really possible for its purpose.

cromwell

Quote from: Thomas on January 30, 2022, 04:09:33 PM
I am clearly and fully aware you said that , and i can clearly read what you have written.

1. needs a broadcaster.

2. will remain state owned.

you have said this over and over about seven times now , and i repeat what i said earlier  , i disagree.

You seem to have this left wing belief if you keep screaming something at someone over and over eventually they will agree with you?

Well i dont , for the various reasons given throughout this and other threads...

There is no conrete proposal so far to replace the licence fee with an obligatory tax. As yet , its nothing more than speculation.
you havent established any link between the continuance of the bbc as a state funded organistation in the twenty first century , and so called national security.

Again , you scream the same thing over and over . im aware opf what nadine dorries said.

didnt you read , or more importantly comprehend yet agin the bit in my earlier post where i said this...

again can you quote me in this thread or any other wher i said the bbc was getting sold off? You keep littering this thread with straw men and bullshit innuendo , while evading or ignoring what im saying to you.

Well tbf Thomas he is right,practically every state in the world has a state broadcaster,most are funded by an indirect tax.

Whether you disagree or not doesn't matter that is the fact,countries across the world are worried by the internet,they will do their best to control that.......some already have so stream it or watch it by aeriel or satellite dish they will try to control and we all will pay.

Thomas

Quote from: B0ycey on January 30, 2022, 03:25:54 PM
Actually, you need to read what I wrote. I haven't said the licence fee is remaining only that the broadcaster is going to be state owned.

1. needs a broadcaster.

2. if it does , that broadcaster will remain state owned.

QuoteWhich means you will be paying for it with a form of tax whether you notice you are paying or not.

QuoteThe reason for that is due to national security.

Again , you scream the same thing over and over .
BBC funding 'up for discussion', says Nadine Dorries, as licence fee frozen
im aware opf what nadine dorries said.

Ideas were being floated around , nothing is concrete at the minute apart form the licence fee being frozen .

No mention of selling off, just reforming how the broadcaster is funded.

Good old

Apart from the fact that both sides of the political scene, call out the bias in the Beeb. And object in some cases to what is always going to be a state  broadcaster. The public are being encouraged to object to not just paying for it but what is perceived as forced to pay for it.
The Beauty of the BBC has always been that it might be a state broadcaster but it was not in the governments whoever that is , pocket lock stock and barrel. No broadcaster can actually be non biased at every turn and the BBC is no different, that is unless it can actually be controlled by sanctions, such as underfunding. Just as the Tories now try to impose. And I heavily suspect that is why the Tories are so keen to get it into their line.
As a state broadcaster it will by hook or crook be paid for from public funds gathered in one way or another, and as for having to pay. Try not paying your tax. Because that is where it will come from if not directly from a license fee. However they get your money it will be enforced.

B0ycey

Quote from: Thomas on January 30, 2022, 03:14:25 PM
so you keep saying and thats not what im reading that she said. Ideas were being floated around , nothing is concrete at the minute apart form the licence fee being frozen .

Dear god above, you need to stop shouting and listen to what is being said. No one , i repeat no one but you gives a flying fack what happens to the bbc as long as we arent forced to pay for it.
Actually, you need to read what I wrote. I haven't said the licence fee is remaining only that the broadcaster is going to be state owned. Which means you will be paying for it with a form of tax whether you notice you are paying or not. The reason for that is due to national security. As for what Dorries said, here is a post.

https://www.theguardian.com/media/2022/jan/17/no-final-decision-made-on-bbc-licence-fee-says-nadine-dorries

No mention of selling off, just reforming how the broadcaster is funded.

Thomas

Quote from: B0ycey on January 30, 2022, 03:05:35 PM
Perhaps the plan of Operation Red Meat was to sell it off, but that isn't the case now. When Dorries went to parliament to explain the licence fee was to be scrapped, she didn't explain how it was to be replaced, only that she wanted to work with the opposition TO DECIDE A NEW METHOD TO PAY FOR THE BBC.
so you keep saying and thats not what im reading that she said. Ideas were being floated around , nothing is concrete at the minute apart form the licence fee being frozen .

QuoteIf you are hoping for the BBC to be privatised you are going to be disappointed.

Dear god above, you need to stop shouting and listen to what is being said. No one , i repeat no one but you gives a flying fack what happens to the bbc as long as we arent forced to pay for it.

Do you understand what is being said to you?

QuoteBesides, you are pushing for Independence. What does it matter how the British Broadcasting Corporation funds itself as you want to be a foreign state
eventually yes , but at the minute , we are part of the uk so have a voice in this matter.

B0ycey

Quote from: Thomas on January 30, 2022, 02:56:12 PM
Stop talking bollocks boycey and trying to move goalposts. Its clear everyone is talking about state funding , and its clear its already been mentioned how and if the bbc continues as a private entity is down to the bbc.
Perhaps the plan of Operation Red Meat was to sell it off, but that isn't the case now. When Dorries went to parliament to explain the licence fee was to be scrapped, she didn't explain how it was to be replaced, only that she wanted to work with the opposition TO DECIDE A NEW METHOD TO PAY FOR THE BBC. If you are hoping for the BBC to be privatised you are going to be disappointed. Besides, you are pushing for Independence. What does it matter how the British Broadcasting Corporation funds itself as you want to be a foreign state.

Thomas

Quote from: B0ycey on January 30, 2022, 02:48:37 PM
I don't need to repeat anything new Thomas. There is no talk about selling off the BBC,
using the quote tags quote who apart from you has suggested otherwise.?

Stop talking bollocks boycey and trying to move goalposts. Its clear everyone is talking about state funding , and its clear its already been mentioned how and if the bbc continues as a private entity is down to the bbc.