wind farm trade battle with brussell looms

Started by Thomas, January 30, 2022, 11:42:05 AM

« previous - next »

papasmurf

Quote from: Sheepy on February 03, 2022, 12:03:25 PM
You are probably right, would that be the same loons who told you about Covid, or told you leave would win a referendum or that a new party could be formed and beat every other party, or would that be same loons who constantly said it could never be done?
I have always followed the science about Covid, NOT the politicians or the tin foil hat wearing Faraday dwellers.

Shortly an Omicron specific vaccination will be available and as one of the clinically extremely vulnerable that will be my 4th vaccination.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Sheepy

Quote from: papasmurf on February 03, 2022, 11:59:43 AM
There are plenty of fruit cakes and looney tunes registered to vote  who can't walk and chew bubble gum at the same time.  (I am genuinely surprised that some of them are able to infest internet forums.)

You are probably right, would that be the same loons who told you about Covid, or told you leave would win a referendum or that a new party could be formed and beat every other party, or would that be same loons who constantly said it could never be done? 
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

papasmurf

Quote from: Streetwalker on February 03, 2022, 11:52:53 AM
Im sure it is HB but it wont be UKIP led . The lunatics there have taken over the asylum , its a wonder we  became so popular in the first place ;D
There are plenty of fruit cakes and looney tunes registered to vote  who can't walk and chew bubble gum at the same time.  (I am genuinely surprised that some of them are able to infest internet forums.)

Streetwalker

Quote from: HallowedBrexit on February 03, 2022, 10:49:16 AM
Take heart, Streetwalker. A new populist storm is coming:

https://www.ukip.org/thanks-to-johnson-the-brexit-revolution-is-dead-in-the-water

Union Flag Union Flag
Im sure it is HB but it wont be UKIP led . The lunatics there have taken over the asylum , its a wonder we  became so popular in the first place ;D

Sheepy

Quote from: papasmurf on February 02, 2022, 07:38:35 PM
Brexit has wrecked that plan.

What Brexit? look on the Brightside Corporal jones, imagine a fresh party with no other plan than bringing democracy to the masses with no baggage and once in pointing out all of the previous scams of the civil service and the Westminster party, don't panic. 

Sheepy

Serves them right playing to remain and the Tories pretending they are Brexiteers so I guess we will be having another change soon. Countless millions with no party they can vote for in the Westminster bubble. Pop.

B0ycey

Quote from: HallowedBrexit on February 03, 2022, 10:55:23 AM
Nigel might very well return to UKIP and lead us to the sunlit uplands we were promised.
Nigel is part of reform UK now HallowedBrexit. He is more interested in boats in the channel than sorting out Boris's fucked up deal. Even the DUP has had enough. They are just scrapping checks coming in now. Seems someone forgot to check the ingredients within the oven ready deal.

HallowedBrexit

Quote from: papasmurf on February 03, 2022, 10:52:55 AM
UKIP you must be joking. 

Nigel might very well return to UKIP and lead us to the sunlit uplands we were promised.

papasmurf

papasmurf

Quote from: GerryT on February 03, 2022, 08:30:58 AM
Like putting up barriers to trade. 
That is exactly what Brexit has done to a big slice of Britain's exports and imports.

GerryT

Quote from: Nick on February 02, 2022, 05:49:15 PM
The difference being that the U.K. can make unilateral decisions to tackle inflation, the EU can't. We shall see who gets a grip of it first.
Like putting up barriers to trade. What is it the UK can do, other than to devalue the pound, that other EU countries cant do in trying to turn inflation ?

GerryT

Quote from: Streetwalker on February 02, 2022, 07:49:24 PM
As I say Johnson will stand or fall on how it all pans out . If he can't sort out the mess he has got himself into with agreeing a poor deal to start off with we will elect someone who can . We did it with Mayhem we will do it with Johnson . 
What makes you think it was a poor deal.
Johnsons problem is hes lazy, prob corrupt and a liar. It's not limited to Brexit, he has party gate to contend with and the PPE scandal hasn't hit yet for some reason, but looks like it will soon.

HallowedBrexit

Quote from: Streetwalker on February 02, 2022, 07:49:24 PM
As I say Johnson will stand or fall on how it all pans out . If he can't sort out the mess he has got himself into with agreeing a poor deal to start off with we will elect someone who can . We did it with Mayhem we will do it with Johnson . 

By now it's plain obvious that this country needs a politician with the calibre of Nigel Farage to sort things out. We need to combat the green, woke and leftist agenda and go with Britain First.

Streetwalker

Quote from: GerryT on February 02, 2022, 01:53:57 PM
You would think, but that's the problem with your version of sovereignty. What Johnson did was sign the TCA, in which he gave away what you would call the god given right to do what you want, in return for trade access to the EU markets. The problem with Johnson is he says one thing to the domestic UK audience, full of boom, bluster, ra ra ra, tally ho! and we'll beat them on the beaches. Then he goes and does the opposite.
From the attached:
https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2021/jun/17/wind-turbines-clash-adds-to-uk-eu-post-brexit-tensions

First it would seem the trade deal Johnson signed with the EU prohibits the UK from saying UK contractors must use local content. It would also appear to breach WTO guidance. Is the UK to leave both of those agreements to satisfy your "we do what we want", and possibly several other contracts the UK has signed ?
"Local content requirements are prohibited not just under the EU-UK trade and cooperation agreement, but also the UK's WTO commitments."

"So the question that needs answering is whether the UK is in fact giving companies with UK supply chains preferential access to contracts, or just information-gathering. The latter is fine, the former less so."

The Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy said:
"We are committed to supporting the UK renewables industry wherever possible, and building sustainable supply chains for low-carbon electricity, capable of delivering the offshore wind sector deal's industry commitment of 60% UK content in its facilities. However, in accordance with the UK-EU trade agreement, there are no mandatory requirements for supply chains to use UK products, or any other type of mandatory targets."

So it would seem the UK rag press are still attacking and blaming the EU, even now that you have left, it will prob never end. UK good, EU bad. If you want to do what your article says or how you see it, then don't sign these types of agreements, if there is a fault here, it would be Johnson you should direct your vitriol against.
As I say Johnson will stand or fall on how it all pans out . If he cant sort out the mess he has got himself into with agreeing a poor deal to start off with we will elect someone who can . We did it with Mayhem we will do it with Johnson .