Main Menu

Be careful

Started by T00ts, February 01, 2022, 01:47:26 PM

« previous - next »

Scott777

How about all the fear created by the government's nudge unit?  Is that a conspiracy theory, Toots?  Should we criticise them?

"The perceived level of personal threat needs to be increased among those who are complacent..."

So, effectively a campaign of fear to achieve a political end, which some would describe as terrorism.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PCU4APLlYzQ
Those princes who have done great things have held good faith of little account, and have known how to craftily circumvent the intellect of men.  Niccolò Machiavelli.

Scott777

Yes, I do recall all the misinformation about the virus jumping from animals to humans, which was spread by the MSM, and by supposed experts, while I tried to convince people it was engineered in a lab.  Spare a thought for anyone who may have suffered abuse, being called 'crazy conspiracy theorists', who may have lost jobs, that may have led to suicidal thoughts.  I'm used to it, but I'm sure they exist.
Those princes who have done great things have held good faith of little account, and have known how to craftily circumvent the intellect of men.  Niccolò Machiavelli.

Barry

Someone called into the Jeremy Vine show and said their relative had died at Northampton General Hospital and he was the first victim of the Omicron variant.
It was totally false.
Was he a Covid conspiracy madman? I've not met any, myself.
† The end is nigh †

T00ts

Quote from: papasmurf on February 01, 2022, 01:58:27 PM
Outside of the internet I don't know any Covid conspiracy theorists.
I confess I was surprised at how many calls he had describing real friends that they had had to dump because of the treatment they received from them due to disagreement with the conspiracy theories. Several mentioned the obsession that seemed to overtake them and how they went out of their way to persuade total strangers of their way of thinking. 

papasmurf

Quote from: T00ts on February 01, 2022, 01:47:26 PM
On lunchtime Radio 2 just - Jeremy Vine show - they are discussing how people have had to dump friends who have become Covid conspiracy theorists. 
Outside of the internet I don't know any Covid conspiracy theorists.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

T00ts

On lunchtime Radio 2 just - Jeremy Vine show - they are discussing how people have had to dump friends who have become Covid conspiracy theorists. All the usual stuff until a lady called in to talk about her husband.
A bright stable sort of family man who went online during the first shutdown . He got drawn onto a group of those denying Covid and the vaccine and ended up having a mental breakdown episode that saw him Sectioned for 21 days follow by medication. He is now recovering. Where there is one there will no doubt be others. To those peddling the disinformation perhaps they are doing damage that they don't even know about.