The Government wasted over £9.9 billion on PPE

Started by papasmurf, February 01, 2022, 04:21:29 PM

« previous - next »

papasmurf

Quote from: T00ts on February 01, 2022, 06:47:40 PM
You like me were shielded. How long do normal tendering processes take? 
There were companies with experience queueing up to tender for the work, the got no reply, due diligence takes about a minute on the internet.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

T00ts

Quote from: papasmurf on February 01, 2022, 06:41:23 PM
Sorry but awarding contracts to their mates who had no experience of manufacturing PPE at all with no tendering process and no due diligence before or during is frankly corruption.
You like me were shielded. How long do normal tendering processes take? I can easily imagine the stress levels in Government as all this panned out. The NHS told them that they had it covered when they didn't. What would you have done? Gone for Tenders from companies you didn't know or go to those who could rush it through?

papasmurf

Quote from: Streetwalker on February 01, 2022, 05:50:43 PM
The government to be fair had little choice but to cough up whatever it costs to obtain supplies .  No good crying in the morning when you realise your wallet is empty and your head hurts

Sorry but awarding contracts to their mates who had no experience of manufacturing PPE at all with no tendering process and no due diligence before or during is frankly corruption.

Streetwalker

The government to be fair had little choice but to cough up whatever it costs to obtain supplies .  No good crying in the morning when you realise your wallet is empty and your head hurts 

papasmurf

Quote from: Borchester on February 01, 2022, 05:19:15 PM
Good. As long as they have fun with it. The only time I get upset about that sort of thing is when money is wasted on treating cases of terminal hypochondia. Grown men cowering under the beds for fear of a dose of the flu. What they really need is an injection of backbone or failing that, a good kick up the arse, but such folk are without self respect so nothing can be done.
You really are a very sad prejudiced person. (That is the politest I can put it.)

Borchester

Quote from: papasmurf on February 01, 2022, 04:45:36 PM
No, they put £9.9 billion into their mate's pockets.

Good. As long as they have fun with it. The only time I get upset about that sort of thing is when money is wasted on treating cases of terminal hypochondia. Grown men cowering under the beds for fear of a dose of the flu. What they really need is an injection of backbone or failing that, a good kick up the arse, but such folk are without self respect so nothing can be done.
Algerie Francais !

Good old

Quote from: papasmurf on February 01, 2022, 04:45:36 PM

I was joking. What it actually shows is what they really wanted to get their hands on our EU subs for.

papasmurf

Quote from: Good old on February 01, 2022, 04:37:25 PMCould it be they actually have tried to put £350 million a week into the health system.

Good old

Quote from: papasmurf on February 01, 2022, 04:21:29 PM
The Government wasted over £9.9 billion on PPE, which is more than it would cost to give every nurse in the NHS a 100 per cent bonus on their salary.
The figure comes from the Department of Health's Annual Report, 
https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... 020-21.pdf

which reveals it spent:

• £673 million on PPE "not suitable for any use"
  • £2,581 million on PPE "not suitable for use in the NHS"
  • £4.7 billion paying inflated pandemic prices for PPE we didn't need to buy
  • £750 million buying PPE which will pass its expiry date before we can use it.
It has also "written down" the value of £1.231 billion in PPE, which is still yet to be delivered.
The Department also reports that some of the PPE will need to be recycled and it's now contracting "waste providers". Some of it is too complex to be recycled and so will need to be burned.

Freedom Of Information request response:-
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1jdz5zF6rGmUMadXsNueOLaFPljWWUePV/view

I haven't checked it out, maybe someone can throw  some light on it. But isn't that amount at least roughly what we put in the EU each year.? Could it be they actually have tried to put £350 million a week into the health system.

papasmurf

The Government wasted over £9.9 billion on PPE, which is more than it would cost to give every nurse in the NHS a 100 per cent bonus on their salary.
The figure comes from the Department of Health's Annual Report, 
https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... 020-21.pdf

which reveals it spent:

• £673 million on PPE "not suitable for any use"
  • £2,581 million on PPE "not suitable for use in the NHS"
  • £4.7 billion paying inflated pandemic prices for PPE we didn't need to buy
  • £750 million buying PPE which will pass its expiry date before we can use it.
It has also "written down" the value of £1.231 billion in PPE, which is still yet to be delivered.
The Department also reports that some of the PPE will need to be recycled and it's now contracting "waste providers". Some of it is too complex to be recycled and so will need to be burned.

Freedom Of Information request response:-
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1jdz5zF6rGmUMadXsNueOLaFPljWWUePV/view