Level up.

Started by Good old, February 02, 2022, 11:38:44 AM

« previous - next »

Good old

Quote from: Streetwalker on February 02, 2022, 01:50:17 PM
Whenever I hear the words levelling up I always think that's another few quid not being spent on the flower beds across the road . But there you go the bees of Croydon pay the price to level up some old pit town oop North when in reality it should just be levelled  :-X

Talking about waste though maybe you should ask Labour about the est £25 Billion it spent on a computer that didn't work or maybe how many thousands of Million spent on wars in the middle east we should have kept well clear of  and dont start me off on outreach projects .. That doesn't excuse waste by any government but they all have open wallets when its other peoples money .

Many governments have financed conflicts popular or otherwise . This one is financing conflict  it right now, if it comes. Sticking our fingers in others pies is something we have always done.
And many governments have abandoned projects at great cost.
Not every government, has had their relationship with those benefitting from the nations loss questioned as is the case here.
As for levelling up. Coming from a government that spent the previous ten years levelling the whole frigging country down. It's dark humour. 

Streetwalker

Whenever I hear the words levelling up I always think that's another few quid not being spent on the flower beds across the road . But there you go the bees of Croydon pay the price to level up some old pit town oop North when in reality it should just be levelled   :-X

Talking about waste though maybe you should ask Labour about the est £25 Billion it spent on a computer that didn't work or maybe how many thousands of Million spent on wars in the middle east we should have kept well clear of  and dont start me off on outreach projects .. That doesn't excuse waste by any government but they all have open wallets when its other peoples money .

Good old

£4.8 billion, for levelling up ,not far off that figure written off to fraud. To say nothing of the almost £10 billion down the drain on equipment supposed to help the fight against Covid.
Are these people real ? Around £14 billion down the frigging drain. If that's not levelling down what the hell is. How many hospitals would that money have levelled up? More to the point is if they think their £4.8 billion will do the job, they could have made the North "the powerhouse." Not just trying to make it look like it has some sort of parity, with what could have been something in the region of £ 19 billion.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/levelling-up-fund-first-round-successful-bidders