Rishi for PM?

Started by T00ts, February 03, 2022, 12:11:40 PM

« previous - next »

cromwell

Another in a long list of short termism tossers.
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

Streetwalker

Quote from: Sheepy on February 03, 2022, 08:31:17 PM
Two more senior officials quit Number 10 in mass exodus amid partygate fallout (msn.com)
Can't blame us we left.
Probably saw the writing on the wall . Looks like anyone who had a bit of cake is legging it .

As for Rishi no thanks hes a conservative 

Sheepy

Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

Sheepy

Quote from: T00ts on February 03, 2022, 08:07:46 PM
So it's not game playing? Like I said there seems to be no loyalty with Rishi.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10473795/Rishi-links-long-time-ally-beheaded-Boris-quitting.html

Seems Boris has run his course and done the damage he was put in place for, it looks like the candidates are all remain now. A very dodgy line they are taking they really must be thinking nobody notices.

T00ts

B0ycey

Quote from: T00ts on February 03, 2022, 03:25:08 PM
I agree that Liz is playing it very close to her chest but it is well known that Rishi covets No10. He is currently blotting his copy book with some on the back benches due to his lack of loyalty to Boris a week or two back and now I wonder just what the electorate make of this latest money wheeze. Emails dropping into MPs' inbox may well tell a different story. The Conservative Party is on a knife edge as I see it and could make some serious  mistakes unless they are careful. They kicked out May, understandably, and here we are again with another vote of confidence in the offing. How many times can they repeat?

Firstly there needs to be a leadership contest and we will have a better picture of everything. But Sunak isn't scheming anything right now and is just focused on his job. I don't see him putting his name in the hat. He will back Truss who is already being conditioned for the top job by Johnson. Because who the F@@@ would put a remainer as head of Brexit if there wasn't logic in the madness. So all your suspicions are just that. Sunak has done what he needs to say to back Big Dog and clearly doesn't want to put too much into the farce given that will harm his career. Because what these idiots who come on camera and look a tit need to realise is what they say now will be put on leaflets put in letterboxes in the next GE and anyone with half a brain wouldn't be backing Johnson on camera right now. Just do what Sunak does, say Johnson is sorry and he has their support and then harp on about the vaccination bollocks. Don't go on camera and justify partygate.

papasmurf

Quote from: T00ts on February 03, 2022, 03:25:08 PM
I agree that Liz is playing it very close to her chest but it is well known that Rishi covets No10. 
With Liz (Un)Truss(tworthy's) track record she is unfit for public office let along that of PM.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Sheepy

Well you all have a good chat about it, the rest of us already know what is what.

T00ts

Quote from: B0ycey on February 03, 2022, 03:02:33 PM
Every Tory MP should be running for the mountains than looking a tit defending Johnson when the cameras are rolling T00ts. Besides, he has done his bit for Big Dog but doesn't go overboard like Dorries. And you can't blame him. He has some respect from most of the electorate and I am guessing he wants to retain it. And Johnson must realise that Sunak is worth his title given he won't remove him despite his lack luster performance defending Johnson. Because ultimately Sunak is good at his job and by and large respected by the opposition.

As for being a turn coat, it may well be he would rather keep his position as Chancellor than being PM in any case given that is what he is good at. It is difficult to know what is happening in peoples minds, but I always have the impression it is Truss who will replace Johnson and Sunak will keep his job whoever is PM. Truss was kept out of the way with her failed Covid Test for a purpose and it may well be so she doesn't say anything that could jeopardise her leadership bid in the future given Johnson seems to like her as a darling.
I agree that Liz is playing it very close to her chest but it is well known that Rishi covets No10. He is currently blotting his copy book with some on the back benches due to his lack of loyalty to Boris a week or two back and now I wonder just what the electorate make of this latest money wheeze. Emails dropping into MPs' inbox may well tell a different story. The Conservative Party is on a knife edge as I see it and could make some serious  mistakes unless they are careful. They kicked out May, understandably, and here we are again with another vote of confidence in the offing. How many times can they repeat?

Borchester

Quote from: B0ycey on February 03, 2022, 02:49:12 PM
I love you Pappy, so it pains me to write this. Perhaps you might need to do some research on Golden Sacks as it likely to be a male strip club and not a bank. What you mean is Goldman Sachs.

Now you have broken Pappy's heart :)
Algerie Francais !

B0ycey

Quote from: T00ts on February 03, 2022, 02:49:55 PM
I wish I had your confidence. Rishi strikes me as all front. He has disappeared when the going got tough and chose to be out of time several times when Boris was against the ropes. I fear he lacks loyalty and I doubt he has the same view on the EU. He may well be a turncoat.
Every Tory MP should be running for the mountains than looking a tit defending Johnson when the cameras are rolling T00ts. Besides, he has done his bit for Big Dog but doesn't go overboard like Dorries. And you can't blame him. He has some respect from most of the electorate and I am guessing he wants to retain it. And Johnson must realise that Sunak is worth his title given he won't remove him despite his lack luster performance defending Johnson. Because ultimately Sunak is good at his job and by and large respected by the opposition.

As for being a turn coat, it may well be he would rather keep his position as Chancellor than being PM in any case given that is what he is good at. It is difficult to know what is happening in peoples minds, but I always have the impression it is Truss who will replace Johnson and Sunak will keep his job whoever is PM. Truss was kept out of the way with her failed Covid Test for a purpose and it may well be so she doesn't say anything that could jeopardise her leadership bid in the future given Johnson seems to like her as a darling. 

T00ts

Quote from: B0ycey on February 03, 2022, 01:01:45 PM
More like Major. Sunak seems to base his policy around economics. Blair was more about sniffing Bush's ass. And Thatcher called Blair her greatest success anyway so Blair was in essence a Tory. And Sunak is happy to raise taxes to balance the books. But really Sunaks advantage is he isn't Johnson. We are going to have the Tories for another three years, we might as well have a respectable leader in that time and worry about relegating them to opposition in the GE.
I wish I had your confidence. Rishi strikes me as all front. He has disappeared when the going got tough and chose to be out of time several times when Boris was against the ropes. I fear he lacks loyalty and I doubt he has the same view on the EU. He may well be a turncoat.

B0ycey

Quote from: papasmurf on February 03, 2022, 02:45:02 PM
I suggest you do some research on Golden Sacks.
I love you Pappy, so it pains me to write this. Perhaps you might need to do some research on Golden Sacks as it likely to be a male strip club and not a bank. What you mean is Goldman Sachs.

papasmurf

Quote from: Borchester on February 03, 2022, 02:43:43 PM
You mean because bankers tend to support Remain? 
I suggest you do some research on Golden Sacks.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Borchester

Quote from: papasmurf on February 03, 2022, 12:27:40 PM
He used to work for Golden Sacks and is totally unsuitable to be Prime Minister.

You mean because bankers tend to support Remain? You are right. Contemptible shits the lot of them. Still, Rishi has form as a Brexiter and so might do in a pinch. With him as PM and Priti Patel we should be ok, no matter how hard the left tries to sell the UK down the river and back into EU slavery.

That said, I will miss Boris. He is fun
Algerie Francais !