Boris Johnson backtracks on Jimmy Savile slur as he seeks to 'clarify' remarks

Started by papasmurf, February 03, 2022, 03:37:41 PM

« previous - next »

Sheepy

Quote from: papasmurf on February 03, 2022, 07:14:56 PM
I would not want anyone on the forum to get sued into destitution.

You seem a bit over excited today, you should calm down because what goes around comes around.
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

papasmurf

Quote from: Sheepy on February 03, 2022, 07:13:15 PM
All in goodtime Smurphy, patience is a virtue.
I would not want anyone on the forum to get sued into destitution.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Sheepy

Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

Good old

Quote from: T00ts on February 03, 2022, 06:55:55 PM
I don't get it. People are jumping up and down distraught that Boris is Boris. I am a Conservative and to be honest those of you who are so het up that Boris is the worst ever are making me more partisan than I think I would be. I know he has to go and I keep saying, it but boot him out without laying foundations for the future and just what do you all suppose will happen?

Forget parties both booze and political there is a national need here. All this distraction about he said she said is just not productive. My hope is that the Conservative party is not listening because in my view it is all very contrived. He's not faultless of course but this is game playing.

All due respect Toots, but The party and it's leader have brought this down on the country. I seriously believe the Brexit factor, that gave them such a majority as to feel untouchable, has lead to them thinking they actually were untouchable. To the point of being prepared to ignore the very rules they thought up for others. In a democracy it's one of the worst things a government can do. If the Tory party can not navigate without Boris, then they should not be in power. 

HDQQ

The Borexit bandwagon is rolling now, and Johnson is of no further use as PM or leader of the Tory Party. If Borexit gets messy and long-drawn out, that could lead to more defections from the Tories and maybe the downfall of the government. But I mustn't get too carried away.
Formerly known as Hyperduck Quack Quack.
I might not be an expert but I do know enough to correct you when you're wrong!

papasmurf

T00ts

I don't get it. People are jumping up and down distraught that Boris is Boris. I am a Conservative and to be honest those of you who are so het up that Boris is the worst ever are making me more partisan than I think I would be. I know he has to go and I keep saying, it but boot him out without laying foundations for the future and just what do you all suppose will happen? 

Forget parties both booze and political there is a national need here. All this distraction about he said she said is just not productive. My hope is that the Conservative party is not listening because in my view it is all very contrived. He's not faultless of course but this is game playing.

papasmurf

papasmurf

Borchester

Quote from: johnofgwent on February 03, 2022, 06:09:32 PM
I DONT

He collects the best part of a quarter of a million a year to stand there, take that shit and know what to do, and what not to do.

His outburst shows he either has no competence to know what is bullshit and what is not, or n sense to understand the reason why it is important.

Starmer has numerous real skeletons in his closet.

That Boris doesn't use them seems strange.

It could be the after effects of the flu. Or maybe the sleepless nights due to the babies. Still, maybe it is time for him to go and make way for a more sure footed man.
Algerie Francais !

Borchester

Quote from: papasmurf on February 03, 2022, 05:10:56 PM
Without the need to make a comment.
Plus Northern Ireland politics in turmoil breaking news no link yet.

Paul Givan has resigned Pappy. He is a creationist who want whores to give discounts to cripples. That may be a big thing at the Lizard, but I can't see that knocking Boris off his perch
Algerie Francais !

johnofgwent

Quote from: T00ts on February 03, 2022, 03:51:49 PM
I have some sympathy for Boris the man.

I DONT

He collects the best part of a quarter of a million a year to stand there, take that shit and know what to do, and what not to do.

His outburst shows he either has no competence to know what is bullshit and what is not, or n sense to understand the reason why it is important.

Starmer has numerous real skeletons in his closet. 

That Boris doesn't use them seems strange.
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

Good old

Quote from: T00ts on February 03, 2022, 04:35:40 PM
Labour and Left supporters having a field day. Of course it is purely out of national interest - and my name is Mata Hari!!  Dancing Dancing 
The really sad thing Toots is that , you would not have had to be partisan one way or the other to have worked Boris, out for what he actually is. I for a start would not have taken him no matter what colour he represented.
I really do think Boris, would have stood no chance in any other era than the last couple of decades. His reputation went before him. Eminent people from the journalistic world warned of his character, and his private life was chaotic at times and rarely completely private. And throughout the period the constant theme of critisism was one of trust.

papasmurf

Quote from: T00ts on February 03, 2022, 04:35:40 PM
Labour and Left supporters having a field day.
Without the need to make a comment.
Plus Northern Ireland politics in turmoil breaking news no link yet.