Boris Johnson backtracks on Jimmy Savile slur as he seeks to 'clarify' remarks

Started by papasmurf, February 03, 2022, 03:37:41 PM

« previous - next »

B0ycey

Quote from: HDQQ on February 08, 2022, 10:00:21 AM
So nobody's got anything to say on here about the mob attack on Kier Starmer, which was obviously inspired by the PM's outrageous Savile remark?
It had echoes of Trump's insurrection mob, on a smaller scale.

Johnson is refusing to apologise after the mob attack on Starmer.
To be honest HDQQ, I don't think it is linked. They were an anti vaccine protest and one person doing a slur isn't why they were surrounding Starmer. I want to clarify that I don't support harassment of MPs, but his harassment was likely to have happened regardless whether Johnson made his remark or not.

As for Johnson retracting his statement, well he should have done that last week. Once he went down the rabbit hole of waffle and excuses, even though he should apologise and retract his statement for the sakes of politics and respect anyway, he does need to stand firm to stop the embarrassment and fodder handed to the opposition. He decided to take the reputation hit to not apologise and now a uturn won't reverse that.

T00ts

So nobody's got anything to say on here about the mob attack on Kier Starmer, which was obviously inspired by the PM's outrageous Savile remark?

Excuses excuses excuses for those just looking for rumble. It's currently fashionable to pretend to be offended and find any excuse to raise mayhem. They used to call it anarchy but of course that would be offensive.

papasmurf

I could state a  lot about it but it would get me barred from the forum. 
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

HDQQ

Formerly known as Hyperduck Quack Quack.
I might not be an expert but I do know enough to correct you when you're wrong!

HDQQ

Johnson is now clearly a failing PM and almost entirely as a result of his own actions. Yet he is grovelling to MPs to be given another chance and is even trying to pass off the No.10 resignations as part of his planned reorganisation.

I always suspected Johnson chose his view on Brexit to get him into No.10 and now he's facing his own 'Borexit' he's displaying his re-truthing ability like some schoolboy trying to explain why  his homework should get a good mark even though he forgot to do it.
Formerly known as Hyperduck Quack Quack.
I might not be an expert but I do know enough to correct you when you're wrong!

Borchester

Quote from: papasmurf on February 03, 2022, 07:37:47 PM
The Tories seem able to rip themselves to shreds with no outside help needed.

Doubt it. The actual rebellion seems pretty low key and the emphasis seems to be on more Brexit, not less. So if Bojo gets his marching orders the only losers are likely to be him and me.
Algerie Francais !

Sheepy

Quote from: papasmurf on February 03, 2022, 08:30:59 PM
Sheepy I am afraid you ability to debate is zero. You have reached my not bothering to have a battle of wits with an unarmed person limit.
Considering you have been repeating the same thing for over a decade and threatening everyone who laughs at your efforts with the law and or being sued don't mind if I laugh my head off.
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

papasmurf

Quote from: Sheepy on February 03, 2022, 07:49:34 PM
LOL sure you do, why should I burst your little bubble. I do have a room full of people without masks laughing their heads off though.
Sheepy I am afraid you ability to debate is zero. You have reached my not bothering to have a battle of wits with an unarmed person limit.

Sheepy

Quote from: papasmurf on February 03, 2022, 07:46:51 PM
Sheepy what are you on about? I know far more about  politics than you do. Which is why I have never supported or been a member of any political party ever, in my 73 years of life.
LOL sure you do, why should I burst your little bubble. I do have a room full of people without masks laughing their heads off though. 

papasmurf

Quote from: Sheepy on February 03, 2022, 07:43:08 PM
On average they know about the same as you do about politics, nothing unless you are told. Even then you all think you know better.
Sheepy what are you on about? I know far more about  politics than you do. Which is why I have never supported or been a member of any political party ever, in my 73 years of life.

Sheepy

Quote from: papasmurf on February 03, 2022, 07:37:47 PM
On average they know about the same as you do about politics, nothing unless you are told. Even then you all think you know better. 

papasmurf

Quote from: Sheepy on February 03, 2022, 07:34:14 PM
Are you? well let me tell you what is going on, Blair and his ites are doing what he is best known for drawing them in and then setting out to destroy them.

Sheepy

Quote from: papasmurf on February 03, 2022, 07:18:48 PM
I am not exited at all.  Merely interested.
Are you? well let me tell you what is going on, Blair and his ites are doing what he is best known for drawing them in and then setting out to destroy them. 

Good old

Quote from: HDQQ on February 03, 2022, 07:12:28 PM
The Borexit bandwagon is rolling now, and Johnson is of no further use as PM or leader of the Tory Party. If Borexit gets messy and long-drawn out, that could lead to more defections from the Tories and maybe the downfall of the government. But I mustn't get too carried away.

Outside of the problems in NI ,that were there from the very start of Brexit, it's a  situation that is less than solved for the party. Party gate is holding attention right now, but  it is fast becoming the next serious problem in a long list of problems.

papasmurf

Quote from: Sheepy on February 03, 2022, 07:17:03 PM
You seem a bit over excited today, you should calm down because what goes around comes around.
I am not exited at all.  Merely interested.