Money will be tight

Started by T00ts, February 03, 2022, 10:20:30 PM

« previous - next »

Sheepy

Quote from: Borchester on March 18, 2022, 05:41:23 PM
Actually they aren't. All commodity prices are falling although, with things such as gas and oil, it will take a while for us to see the benefits because the stuff was bought weeks ago and so it will take a while until we see cheaper petrol.

Is that so Borchester Gas will only drop back as the weather changes and Diesel was 164 earlier today and by the time I got to the garage it was 179 and while I was filling up it changed and was 182.9, I was saying to the cashier it was better when a little man had to come out and change the prices this button pushing is like watching a fruit machine.
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

Borchester

Quote from: Sheepy on March 18, 2022, 01:41:55 PM
Meanwhile commodity prices are reaching epic proportion

Actually they aren't. All commodity prices are falling although, with things such as gas and oil, it will take a while for us to see the benefits because the stuff was bought weeks ago and so it will take a while until we see cheaper petrol.
Algerie Francais !

Sheepy

Meanwhile commodity prices are reaching epic proportion as commodity brokers make the killing, they were always looking for, inflation is out of control and you cannot afford diesel, petrol or gas, there won't be enough electric to go around and it will be somebody else's fault, just like when it all comes to an end and the Greens will be right chuffed that only the wealthy will be able to travel as they like, all those who have just bought houses will be mortgaged to the hilt and will most likely be jumping from their new roofs. The Ukraine refugees will be looking for someone to blame for the loss of a nation and will probably be blowing up the government like usually happens or just anybody they feel they should as a statement. 
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

Borchester

Quote from: Streetwalker on February 04, 2022, 09:40:42 AM
Well its certainly going to be different  .

The eldest who we have left alone to save a deposit for his own gaff will have to make a decision . Hes almost 40 so his free living in the  Solar  will in future have to come with some form remittance . I suggested last weekend a paltry bullseye a week to which Mrs SW replied its too late now to start charging him , how about he does the dishes once a week .

See what Im up against ? 

Anyway 2nd son is about to make me a grandparent  (maybe today )  The lad does his best but he's not a big earner and will struggle to join the dots . Maybe I can get his brother to bung him a few quid ?  No thought not , the bank of M&D  springs into action (again) and all is well in the universe .

So the party is over , my semi retired plan looks like being shelved for another year at least and the Christmas break must come to an end .

Now where did I leave that trowel ?

We have a similar problem. My boy pays sod all rentwise. On the other hand, when it comes to fixing the electrics, car, running pipe, putting up plasterboard, repairing everything that goes wrong in the bath and shower and generally running around like a blue bummed fly, he is a good lad and earns his beer and bacon. His current ambition is to live on a mountain top in Portugal with his latest piece of nonsense and to use his accounting skills to help the rich grow even richer. I hope for his sake that it happens and that for ours it doesn't.

Your youngest will do fine. When the baby turns up he will discover that there are 25 hours in a day and 8 days in a week and that there are always a few quid to be earned. None of the money will stick to his fingers because that is the way God meant things to be, but there you are :)
Algerie Francais !

Streetwalker

Well its certainly going to be different  . 

The eldest who we have left alone to save a deposit for his own gaff will have to make a decision . Hes almost 40 so his free living in the   Solar  will in future have to come with some form remittance . I suggested last weekend a paltry bullseye a week to which Mrs SW replied its too late now to start charging him , how about he does the dishes once a week .

See what Im up against ?  

Anyway 2nd son is about to make me a grandparent  (maybe today )  The lad does his best but he's not a big earner and will struggle to join the dots . Maybe I can get his brother to bung him a few quid ?  No thought not , the bank of M&D  springs into action (again) and all is well in the universe .

So the party is over , my semi retired plan looks like being shelved for another year at least and the Christmas break must come to an end . 

Now where did I leave that trowel ? 

T00ts

Quote from: Borchester on February 03, 2022, 11:04:21 PM
Well, I have found the answer to the leek question. So old England may be done, but I should be able to see you folk ok for the occasional bowl of potato and leek soup.:)
  Mmmmmm looks promising! 

Borchester

Well, I have found the answer to the leek question. So old England may be done, but I should be able to see you folk ok for the occasional bowl of potato and leek soup.:)
Algerie Francais !

cromwell

Quote from: T00ts on February 03, 2022, 10:20:30 PM
Some of us have lived through something similar before yet with the concentration on Boris and the shenanigans in Whitehall it is in danger of slipping under the radar until it suddenly hits us all for six. The young are going to be very worried and there is no hiding the fact that it is going to be tough for very many. It's global and out off our hands so say. What can be done?
Well it'll be just like the bankers all over again,a perversion of Corbyns slogan the benefits for the few not the many.
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

T00ts

Some of us have lived through something similar before yet with the concentration on Boris and the shenanigans in Whitehall it is in danger of slipping under the radar until it suddenly hits us all for six. The young are going to be very worried and there is no hiding the fact that it is going to be tough for very many. It's global and out off our hands so say. What can be done?