Cost of energy and the cost of living crisis.

Started by papasmurf, February 04, 2022, 08:24:25 AM

« previous - next »

Sheepy

Quote from: B0ycey on February 04, 2022, 02:49:05 PMOf course it has been diverted,
Like drawing frigging teeth. It was staring you in the face. 
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

B0ycey

Quote from: Sheepy on February 04, 2022, 02:38:22 PM
You are rambling again, has gas been diverted for profit or not causing an energy and cost of living crisis leading to inflation, I know it doesn't compute because the pair of you couldn't work out what day it was without help.

Of course it has been diverted, the energy sector wants to make the most profit so they sell to the biggest bidder. We do not have control of our oil because we sold off licences to the free market. Some of the companies who drill aren't even British. We could of course become Venezuela and you know, take back our own oil. But that means investment stops and so does the pumping of gas. If also means we are likely to be sanctioned and punished by other nations for breaking contracts and taking all the gas. Which means we get hurt in the global market. And that means more inflation and less food.

As for inflation, it isn't all down to fuel. Some of it was due to closing down economies and everyone racing to catch up. We have a semi conductor shortage. Then there is the fact People were handed free money and had access free cash to buy shit. This isn't a one size fits all scenario.

Sheepy

Quote from: B0ycey on February 04, 2022, 02:35:06 PM
This argument only works if the oil drilling was nationalised. Unfortunately we are part of the free market and so are the companies who drill. Shell is Dutch. But even so, we import some of our electricity from France (again down to green pledges), so it isn't like we can keep it all anyway. The Brexit mentality in you seems to forget that any action we did only bites us back twice as hard. So whilst you moan about having to share our gas with the rest of the world, you forget we get most of our food outside the UK and as such a net benefiter of globalisation and free markets.

You are rambling again, has gas been diverted for profit or not causing an energy and cost of living crisis leading to inflation, I know it doesn't compute because the pair of you couldn't work out what day it was without help. 

Sheepy

Quote from: papasmurf on February 04, 2022, 02:31:15 PM
The thread header is not about that at all. Yet again you show your ignorance. It is about the effect of high energy prices  and the rise in the cost of living on British citizens.

No obviously not it just says cost of living and energy crisis so is Gas being diverted for profit and causing a cost of living and energy crisis or not? 

B0ycey

Quote from: Sheepy on February 04, 2022, 02:27:40 PM
how about you and your mate tell us if gas has been diverted for profit adding to a cost of living crisis and inflation? which is what the thread header is about.

This argument only works if the oil drilling was nationalised. Unfortunately we are part of the free market and so are the companies who drill. Shell is Dutch. But even so, we import some of our electricity from France (again down to green pledges), so it isn't like we can keep it all anyway. The Brexit mentality in you seems to forget that any action we did only bites us back twice as hard. So whilst you moan about having to share our gas with the rest of the world, you forget we get most of our food outside the UK and as such a net benefiter of globalisation and free markets.

papasmurf

Quote from: Sheepy on February 04, 2022, 02:27:40 PM
how about you and your mate tell us if gas has been diverted for profit adding to a cost of living crisis and inflation? which is what the thread header is about.
The thread header is not about that at all. Yet again you show your ignorance. It is about the effect of high energy prices  and the rise in the cost of living on British citizens.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Sheepy

Quote from: papasmurf on February 04, 2022, 02:22:45 PM
Any threat of you bothering to discuss the subject in the thread header?

papasmurf

Quote from: Sheepy on February 04, 2022, 02:16:26 PM
I have never taken a blind bit of notice of anything you have ever said, so has Gas been diverted for profit elsewhere or not? just because a village has two idiots it doesn't change the facts.
Any threat of you bothering to discuss the subject in the thread header?

Sheepy

Quote from: papasmurf on February 04, 2022, 02:11:50 PM
I suggest you look in a mirror and also check what you quote.
I have never taken a blind bit of notice of anything you have ever said, so has Gas been diverted for profit elsewhere or not? just because a village has two idiots it doesn't change the facts. 

papasmurf

Quote from: Sheepy on February 04, 2022, 02:05:51 PM
I feel for you two I am sure, while you ramble away without a clue of what goes on.
I suggest you look in a mirror and also check what you quote.

Sheepy

I feel for you two I am sure, while you ramble away without a clue of what goes on. 

papasmurf

papasmurf

Quote from: Sheepy on February 04, 2022, 12:52:51 PM
There is no fracking only North Sea oil. I don't expect you to keep up but I am trying.
You quoted a post that mentioned fracking. It is there for all to see.

Sheepy

Quote from: B0ycey on February 04, 2022, 12:45:19 PM
Sheepy, I can go back and see you quoted a post about fracking and then see you asked how much do we export when quoting it.
There is no fracking only North Sea oil. I don't expect you to keep up but I am trying.