Cost of energy and the cost of living crisis.

Started by papasmurf, February 04, 2022, 08:24:25 AM

« previous - next »

Sampanviking

Now here is a question that people should be having
We know that later this year that Russia will stop using the Ukraine as a transit country for the delivery of gas to Europe
We know that the Biden family are heavily involved financially with Ukrainian companies, including energy companies
So, will the end of the use of Ukraine as a transit country for Russian gas being delivered to Europe cause direct financial losses to the Biden family?

I think the energy bill paying public has a right to know!

cromwell

Quote from: papasmurf on February 13, 2022, 04:35:29 PM

As a Cornish saying goes, it I were going there I would not start from here.

So where would you start?
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

papasmurf

Quote from: Sampanviking on February 13, 2022, 04:30:36 PM
 Get Nordstream2 up and running and filling Europe with cheap Russian Gas. We are plugged into the same energy matrix and so our prices would tumble back down as well.

Say yes to Nordstream 2 and tell the yanks and their overpriced LNG to take a hike.
Whilst I agree that it not acceptable to America.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

papasmurf

Quote from: cromwell on February 13, 2022, 04:25:36 PM
So you have no answers at all just more of the same,
It is not my fault successive governments have kicked base load electricity generation into the long grass, with the result serious power cuts are only turbine breakdown away.
As a Cornish saying goes, it I were going there I would not start from here.
Hopefully Hinkley Point C will come online at or before June 2026. That will help. As will battery storage for solar generation, when there is more of it.
But how the hell there is going to be enough electricity to charge 30 million plus vehicles overnight is something the government needs to explain.

Sampanviking

Geez! The answer could not be more simple. Get Nordstream2 up and running and filling Europe with cheap Russian Gas. We are plugged into the same energy matrix and so our prices would tumble back down as well.

Say yes to Nordstream 2 and tell the yanks and their overpriced LNG to take a hike.

cromwell

Quote from: papasmurf on February 13, 2022, 04:19:12 PM
They will stay high with fracked gas which has to have a high price to be economic to make fracking worth while.
So you have no answers at all just more of the same,funnily enough in another thread you demand Nick give answers but here you cannot other than snipe.

papasmurf

Quote from: cromwell on February 13, 2022, 04:16:15 PM
No not good enough,we have high fuel costs 
They will stay high with fracked gas which has to have a high price to be economic to make fracking worth while.

papasmurf

Quote from: B0ycey on February 13, 2022, 04:05:47 PMwe have the fracking brigade on thinking this might cut down bills. No it won't. 
Quite the gas will be sold at market prices and far too much of current base load electricity generation relies on gas.

(Nearly a third at the moment, reading in real time.)

https://www.gridwatch.templar.co.uk/

cromwell

Quote from: papasmurf on February 13, 2022, 03:14:03 PM
No fracking.
No not good enough,we have high fuel costs what alternative fuel supplies that offer security of supply and affordable.

B0ycey

Jeez, aren't we are meant to be moving off carbon fuels in 10 years time, and we have the fracking brigade on thinking this might cut down bills. No it won't. These things take time to sort out. And it doesn't matter how much gas is in shale, it isn't worth Lancaster falling into itself. Gas is a traditional fuel in any case. you we might as bleed the North Sea dry whilst the infrastructure is there.

papasmurf

Quote from: Thomas on February 13, 2022, 01:52:20 PM
you arent going to get a sensible reply cromwell , as we both know.

If you actually read down pappys own link he posted , its says this........
Thomas you have posted two references one is worse than the other. (The second I can't read in full because it is paywalled.

The estimates of how much gas is there is not the same as how much is economically viable to extract.
You are posting and repeating propaganda.

papasmurf

Quote from: cromwell on February 13, 2022, 01:37:18 PM
So I'll repeat you've raised all your objections what are your solutions.
No fracking.

Thomas

Quote from: cromwell on February 13, 2022, 01:37:18 PM
you arent going to get a sensible reply cromwell , as we both know.

If you actually read down pappys own link he posted , its says this........

50 years of UK produced gas. The Bowland Shale formation is estimated by the British Geological Survey to contain 37. 6 trillion cubic metres of gas[4] and just 10% of this is enough to provide the UK with 50 years of gas – according to Barack Obama's Energy Secretary Ernest Moniz.

Obamas then very own energy secretary back in 2014 was suggesting a small amount of the shale gas in the region we are talking about could power the uk energy needs in terms of gas for half a century.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/uks-shale-gas-would-last-for-50-years-f3z5h76p3bm

It could also have the potential to create over 70 000 jobs in your area of the old red wall.

https://cuadrillaresources.uk/government-orders-plugging-and-abandonment-of-britains-shale-wells-in-midst-of-energy-crisis/

Pappy doesnt want solutions. Solutions arent compatible with screaming tory bad on this forum day in day out. Anyway , interesting thread .
An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

cromwell

Quote from: papasmurf on February 13, 2022, 01:35:15 PM
That is Cuadrilla's propaganda. (in other words they would say that wouldn't they.)

papasmurf

Quote from: Thomas on February 13, 2022, 01:16:31 PM
I thought you said they ony had enough for five years?

From your link pappy...

It means the 37.6 trillion cubic metres located in the northern Bowland Shale gas formation will continue to sit unused – when just 10% of this volume could meet UK gas needs for 50 years.

::)

That is Cuadrilla's propaganda. (in other words they would say that wouldn't they.)