Gove told porkies about PPE

Started by papasmurf, February 04, 2022, 12:32:42 PM

« previous - next »

Thomas

Quote from: T00ts on April 02, 2022, 07:20:25 PM
Worrying about kids and grandparents.
I dont know of a single family though who would sacfrifice the kids , or have them jagged to save the grandparents though.  Most grandparent s i know would sacrifice themselves to save the grandkids , in any way they could.

Yet governments wanted us to do the opposite ?Damage the kids future  , indebt them , jag  them , badly damage their education and muich more .

An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

T00ts

Thomas

T00ts

Quote from: Thomas on April 02, 2022, 06:27:44 PM
I am listening , and while that might be true  , the end didnt justify the means.

Im more worried about my children and thier futures .
But so many others are split in two!

Thomas

Quote from: T00ts on April 02, 2022, 06:22:51 PM
You're not listening. I am saying that the majority were beside themselves worrying about their elderly relatives.
I am listening , and while that might be true  , the end didnt justify the means.

Im more worried about my children and thier futures .

T00ts

Quote from: Thomas on April 02, 2022, 06:08:07 PM
Written what? My views on covid have been consistent throughout the last two years , and more so even more entrenched now we are seeing the data back those views up.

Children have had life chances quashed , debt piled on their heads , schooling massively disrupted not to mention mass damage to the economy  , all for a virus that has directly killed 17000 people in the uk over TWO YEARS with the average death being 83.

Neither one of my parents reached their 80`s , and at one time labour had the life expectancy in glasgow around 56 for men.

Looking back , it will be recorded as one of the greatest mass delusions and hysterias in history. An absolute disgrace in my view.
You're not listening. I am saying that the majority were beside themselves worrying about their elderly relatives. Mine didn't reach 80 either and it's more than possible that I won't but just because you had no-one in that situation don't belittle those who did. My kids bless them, were very concerned to keep me safe and still are. I am sure that they were not unusual - especially as I am such a perfect mother as my Mothering Sunday cards told me! Dancing

Thomas

Quote from: T00ts on April 02, 2022, 05:59:08 PM
I can't believe you have written that! The majority had relatives who needed that protection.
Written what? My views on covid have been consistent throughout the last two years , and more so even more entrenched now we are seeing the data back those views up.

Children have had life chances quashed , debt piled on their heads , schooling massively disrupted not to mention mass damage to the economy  , all for a virus that has directly killed 17000 people in the uk over TWO YEARS with the average death being 83.

Neither one of my parents reached their 80`s , and at one time labour had the life expectancy in glasgow around 56 for men.

Looking back , it will be recorded as one of the greatest mass delusions and hysterias in history. An absolute disgrace in my view.

T00ts

Quote from: Thomas on April 02, 2022, 05:53:59 PM
Im glad you had protection offered. I know many vulnerable people were too. Those of us who werent vulnerable however , as the stats show didnt need mummy government holding their hand.

Not once in human history has society jagged five year olds to save the lives of the elderly.

Society needs to be balanced in the majoritys interests , not the minorities.
I can't believe you have written that! The majority had relatives who needed that protection. 

Thomas

Quote from: T00ts on April 02, 2022, 05:08:17 PM
We'll see. I did say at the time that as a vulnerable person I was glad of the protection proffered. I just don't think we are wise to try and erase what most people feared at the time. Hind sight is always a gift.
Im glad you had protection offered. I know many vulnerable people were too. Those of us who werent vulnerable however , as the stats show didnt need mummy government holding their hand.

Not once in human history has society jagged five year olds to save the lives of the elderly.

Society needs to be balanced in the majoritys interests , not the minorities.

T00ts

Quote from: Thomas on April 02, 2022, 04:45:44 PM
Only a minority amount went into ICU with covid from what i recall.

From a retrospective look at the stats , from your own country , 60 % of covid patients in hospital werent in hospital for covid by primarlily for other reasons.

We now know far from being the killer disease that was going to wipe out mankind as we first thought , in the yookay it was merely a typical bad winter bug that killed 17000 odd people whose average age of death was 83.

Like i said , the stats are being analysed and showing what a complete overreaction restrictions were and are. Along with the complete uselessness of facemasks.
We'll see. I did say at the time that as a vulnerable person I was glad of the protection proffered. I just don't think we are wise to try and erase what most people feared at the time. Hind sight is always a gift.

Thomas

Quote from: T00ts on April 02, 2022, 04:39:29 PM
It took about 5-7 days if I remember right to feel slightly better before it then came back with a vengeance and suddenly you were a hospital patient and if unlucky in intensive. It was wise to get a diagnosis early on to be prepared. The strain now is not the same beast so it's a bit disingenuous to compare the two. Spain does what it does, I don't know why and don't particularly care.
Only a minority amount went into ICU with covid from what i recall.

From a retrospective look at the stats , from your own country , 60 % of covid patients in hospital werent in hospital for covid by primarlily for other reasons.

We now know far from being the killer disease that was going to wipe out mankind as we first thought , in the yookay it was merely a typical bad winter bug that killed 17000 odd people whose average age of death was 83.

Like i said , the stats are being analysed and showing what a complete overreaction restrictions were and are. Along with the complete uselessness of facemasks.

T00ts

Quote from: Thomas on April 02, 2022, 04:28:43 PM
whats the worry then?

Why are countries like spain for example bringing back covid restrictions? The original strain was that deadly you had to actually test to see if you had it lol. :D
It took about 5-7 days if I remember right to feel slightly better before it then came back with a vengeance and suddenly you were a hospital patient and if unlucky in intensive. It was wise to get a diagnosis early on to be prepared. The strain now is not the same beast so it's a bit disingenuous to compare the two. Spain does what it does, I don't know why and don't particularly care.

Thomas

Quote from: T00ts on April 02, 2022, 04:24:18 PM
But the latest mutation is not the killer that the original strain was. This is proved by the numbers in hospital.
whats the worry then?

Why are countries like spain for example bringing back covid restrictions? The original strain was that deadly you had to actually test to see if you had it lol. :D

T00ts

But the latest mutation is not the killer that the original strain was. This is proved by the numbers in hospital. 

Thomas

Scotland has highest prevalence of covid 19 cases across uk nations , so once again we see sturgeons measures have had little effect  , and what she was originally lauded for doing has now been shown to be nothing more than kicking the covid can down the road to reappear later.

If you havent had the virus by now , you will get it tomorrow , or the day after , or further down the line one way or the other in my opinion.

Governments rightly or wrongly have offered the public a false sense of security that they can beat mother nature , and quite clearly they can't.