“Protocol continues to cause significant issues for medicine supplies” Cameron

Started by Thomas, February 05, 2022, 05:58:00 PM

« previous - next »

B0ycey

Quote from: Sheepy on February 21, 2022, 10:18:13 AM
Have you told the batshit crazy yanks yet? last I heard they were busy trying to contain a black and white civil war and mass rioting and looting, in fact I am told if it wasn't for covid they would be having it full on street by street. In fact, it shook up the Westminster party so much they want to change the law on protesting and around the globe it has caused a rise in fascism in governments not seen for decades.
We are always a decade behind the Yanks Sheepy in terms of politics mayhem. If the US are on the verge of a civil war, think where we might be in ten years time. But I guess the US have got over Trumpism now and we still have our Johnsonism going on. They at least are over the peak whilst we keep on hiking up.

B0ycey

Quote from: Thomas on February 21, 2022, 10:12:53 AM
But you were trying to deligitmise the tory election victory in 2019.

Im simply pointing out how ridicuolus you sound , when you want to set the democratic bar that high for the tories that labour themselves in their entire history have never reached it.

:D

...and you wonder why the brit left is increasingly becoming figures of ridicule?
Well, Remain did win in 2019. That is just the way it was. But the vote split and now the Tories want to go by seats and not votes to explain why there is no appetite for rejoining. But in any case, it is polling to know what direction the UK are heading in terms of rejoining and age demographic affiliation intention and most definitely not GE results.

As for FPTP, give me a coalition any day.

Sheepy

Quote from: B0ycey on February 21, 2022, 09:47:52 AMAmerican politics right now and that needs to change.
Have you told the batshit crazy yanks yet? last I heard they were busy trying to contain a black and white civil war and mass rioting and looting, in fact I am told if it wasn't for covid they would be having it full on street by street. In fact, it shook up the Westminster party so much they want to change the law on protesting and around the globe it has caused a rise in fascism in governments not seen for decades. 
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

Thomas

Quote from: B0ycey on February 21, 2022, 09:47:52 AM
So? I have never supported an absolute majority for any party in any case. That is why the two Westminster parties are complacent. They have to represent a broadchurch and it why Labour have to contain Blairites amongst their ranks. If we were more like Europe, you would have coalition governments EVERY SINGLE TIME, and the core principles of each party in power would be governed and executed. Today there is absolutely no difference between the Tories or Labour. They are both Right Wing parties. We have a government which runs very much like American politics right now and that needs to change.

#endFPTPnow
But you were trying to deligitmise the tory election victory in 2019.

Im simply pointing out how ridicuolus you sound , when you want to set the democratic bar that high for the tories that labour themselves in their entire history have never reached it.

...and you wonder why the brit left is increasingly becoming figures of ridicule?
An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

B0ycey

Quote from: Thomas on February 21, 2022, 09:32:43 AM
ok thanks for your reply.

If the popular vote as defined above is the so called barometer for uk democracy , then we would never ever in uk political history have had a labour government.

Labours biggest percentage vote share was in 1951  , when they got 48.8% of the turnout.

That how ridiculous your empty spin and substanceless soundbite is about the tories not gaining the popular vote in 2019. Labour have never gained the popular vote.

So? I have never supported an absolute majority for any party in any case. That is why the two Westminster parties are complacent. They have to represent a broadchurch and it why Labour have to contain Blairites amongst their ranks. If we were more like Europe, you would have coalition governments EVERY SINGLE TIME, and the core principles of each party in power would be governed and executed. Today there is absolutely no difference between the Tories or Labour. They are both Right Wing parties. We have a government which runs very much like American politics right now and that needs to change. 

#endFPTPnow

Thomas

Quote from: B0ycey on February 21, 2022, 09:29:31 AM
Either or of those will do Thomas. Whatever criteria you want to go by, the Tories didn't exceed 50%. There would be a rainbow coalition had we any other voting system but FPTP.
ok thanks for your reply.

If the popular vote as defined above is the so called barometer for uk democracy , then we would never ever in uk political history have had a labour government.

Labours biggest percentage vote share was in 1951  , when they got 48.8% of the turnout.

That how ridiculous your empty spin and substanceless soundbite is about the tories not gaining the popular vote in 2019. Labour have never gained the popular vote.

B0ycey

Quote from: Thomas on February 21, 2022, 07:34:30 AM
Won 50+1 % of the turnout? won 50 +1% of the registered electorate wether they turned out or not? Define the popular vote then please ?
Either or of those will do Thomas. Whatever criteria you want to go by, the Tories didn't exceed 50%. There would be a rainbow coalition had we any other voting system but FPTP.

T00ts

Quote from: papasmurf on February 21, 2022, 07:50:29 AM
No, typo should be do not have a mandate.
It is very easy in the heat of the moment to make typos. It's worth proof reading before hitting the post button - it can save all sorts of aggro later when others misunderstand your meaning.

Thomas

Quote from: papasmurf on February 21, 2022, 07:50:29 AM
No, typo should be do not have a mandate.
no worries pappy , we thought the tory mask had slipped again you old thatcherite you.:D

papasmurf

Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Thomas

Quote from: B0ycey on February 20, 2022, 06:39:57 PM
 Those are seats in Westminster and is most definitely not the popular vote.
Can you tell me then boycey , what would the conservatives had to have done in 2019 uk general election to win the "popular vote"?

Won 50+1 % of the turnout? won 50 +1% of the registered electorate wether they turned out or not? Define the popular vote then please ?

Thomas

Quote from: Nick on February 20, 2022, 09:00:49 PM
This thread is about Brexit, so what percentage of Labour voters actually supported Brexit but couldn't bring them selves to vote Tory?
Fact is Brexit has been put on the table at least 5 times and won the lot.

2016 Referendum
2017 Article 50 vote
2017 GE
2019 GE

Im sure I've missed some but you get the idea, so knock your popular vote nonsense on the head, no one is buying it: even though the Tories did get more votes than any other party, and you can't split the votes leave and remain.
wasnt it something like  60 % of labours constituencies voted brexit ?

Cant mind the figures , but it doesnt matter nick , inconvenient facts musnt be mentioned.

Nick

Quote from: B0ycey on February 20, 2022, 08:22:06 PM
But quoted me talking about the popular Vote  Nick. We all know FPTP is a pile of shit. Under any other electoral method and Johnson would not be PM.
This thread is about Brexit, so what percentage of Labour voters actually supported Brexit but couldn't bring them selves to vote Tory?
Fact is Brexit has been put on the table at least 5 times and won the lot. 

2016 Referendum
2017 Article 50 vote
2017 GE
2019 GE

Im sure I've missed some but you get the idea, so knock your popular vote nonsense on the head, no one is buying it: even though the Tories did get more votes than any other party, and you can't split the votes leave and remain. 
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Thomas

Quote from: B0ycey on February 20, 2022, 08:35:02 PM
Semantics? They are two totally different methods of vote counting.
and only one matters under the rules we play before we cast the vote.  dont cry after the result life is unfair.

Thomas

Quote from: T00ts on February 20, 2022, 08:35:37 PM
@Pappy do you really mean what your post seems to say?

you will get reported for pointing that out toots. ;D