“Protocol continues to cause significant issues for medicine supplies” Cameron

Started by Thomas, February 05, 2022, 05:58:00 PM

« previous - next »

Thomas

Quote from: papasmurf on February 19, 2022, 03:21:14 PM
https://www.businessinsider.com/cocaine-traces-found-uk-parliament-including-near-pms-office-report-2021-12?r=US&IR=T

Traces of cocaine found in the UK Parliament, including near Boris Johnson's office: report

Dec 6, 2021, 5:47 PM

do you mind not derailing the thread with your tory bad trolling?

This is about northern ireland this thread , and the effects of the protocol  , its not about a labour mp dropping his charlie supply outside boris johnsons office.

Thanks in advance.
An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

papasmurf

Quote from: Thomas on February 19, 2022, 03:07:46 PM
stop abusing people of other political ideologies or i will report your post. you old hypocrite you.:D
https://www.businessinsider.com/cocaine-traces-found-uk-parliament-including-near-pms-office-report-2021-12?r=US&IR=T

Traces of cocaine found in the UK Parliament, including near Boris Johnson's office: report

Dec 6, 2021, 5:47 PM

Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Thomas

Quote from: B0ycey on February 19, 2022, 03:17:49 PM
The WTO demands checks on goods as you cannot treat any nation differently so it demands a border. I don't know how to upload the PDF but given it is over a hundred pages, something tells me you won't read it anyway.
we have a border. nick saying there doesnt have to be one is as pie in the sky as you saying we need to tie ourselves to eu rules to appease northern ireland.

B0ycey

Quote from: Nick on February 19, 2022, 03:07:58 PM
That is utter nonsense, the WTO does not demand borders.
Show the legislation where the WTO demands borders.
The WTO demands checks on goods as you cannot treat any nation differently so it demands a border. I don't know how to upload the PDF but given it is over a hundred pages, something tells me you won't read it anyway.

Thomas

Quote from: B0ycey on February 19, 2022, 03:11:42 PM
Well it can't continue, but really the solution was Mays deal Thomas.
No it wasnt. We have been over this nonsense you have said many times . Im not going to keep on regurgitating the same rubbish with you over and over , with you expecting a differnt answer..

QuoteIt isn't a trick question and the idea of a referendum under the Catholics and Protestants for the fate of the UK is as daft as an idea as you can make. It won't happen,
stop taliking yet more rubbish again about something you know little of. Even without brexit , everyone can see the direction of travel with northern ireland as it edges ever more closer to leaving the uk .

Unionists lost the majority in stormont in 2017 for the first time in a century , and this year if the assembly is back and running and elections happen we could se for the first time a sinn fein first minister.

The idea that northern ireland is an achillies heel that will take the rest of the uk back into the eu is laughable , or at the very least tie us in to eu rules and regulations

Polls have shown england will cut both scotland and the 6 counties loose before they allow either to derail brexit.

Thomas

Quote from: Nick on February 19, 2022, 03:07:58 PM
Nick we have done this most favoured nation shtick and borders to death. The idea there isnt going to be a border without the uk tieing itself to eu rules is quite obviously nonsense.

The border either has to be on the island  of ireland or in the sea , and johnson put one in the sea.

While boycey quite often gets things wrong , or the wrong end of the stick , if we accept the inveitability of their being a border somewhere , we then can come to terms with it and deal where it is going to be.

B0ycey

Quote from: Thomas on February 19, 2022, 03:00:13 PM
the border should be between the six counties and the rest , and if this is unpalatable , then offer the north a referendum of remaining in the uk outside the eu , or rejoing the rest of ireland and staying in the eu.

Clearly as barry said this can't continue , and it wont. Its a short term bodge , but we in the uk wont be rejoining or tieing ourselves to any customs unions .
Well it can't continue, but really the solution was Mays deal Thomas. The EU have red lines, they aren't going to split their own single market so it is up to the UK to split theirs. Because even under no deal a border is required under the WTO but it would have to be along the Irish border which neither party wanted and was signed off to stay open by both sides. But in any case under Mays deal the idea was to track goods like how you would track your post and when the system was up and running the UK could then chose not to have the same standards in goods. You can't stop stupid and the Brexiteers voted for Johnsons deal because they didn't understand Mays deal or what Johnsons deal entailed. They only voted for the clown because he was the face of Brexit. So I ask again, how do you solve this problem. It isn't a trick question and the idea of a referendum under the Catholics and Protestants for the fate of the UK is as daft as an idea as you can make. It won't happen, Ireland won't even push for that and really the only hope for unification is time and the youth seems less segregation.

Nick

Quote from: B0ycey on February 19, 2022, 02:54:43 PM
How exactly do you think it can be resolved Barry? The WTO demands a border and only a deal makes it go away. The UK knows the EU red lines, align standards and most of the issues go away. Standards are currently aligned it should be said but the thirst to import drug filled CHICKEN and pesticide US produce in the future are making the Tories blind.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Thomas

Quote from: papasmurf on February 19, 2022, 03:01:09 PM
That  is probably contaminants in the produced in the jungle  cocaine they are snorting making them go blind.
stop abusing people of other political ideologies or i will report your post. you old hypocrite you.:D

papasmurf

Quote from: B0ycey on February 19, 2022, 02:54:43 PM. Standards are currently aligned it should be said but the thirst to import drug filled CHICKEN and pesticide US produce in the future are making the Tories blind.
That  is probably contaminants in the produced in the jungle  cocaine they are snorting making them go blind.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Thomas

Quote from: B0ycey on February 19, 2022, 02:54:43 PM
How exactly do you think it can be resolved Barry? The WTO demands a border and only a deal makes it go away. The UK knows the EU red lines, align standards and most of the issues go away. Standards are currently aligned it should be said but the thirst to import drug filled Chicken and pesticide US produce in the future are making the Tories blind.
the border should be between the six counties and the rest , and if this is unpalatable , then offer the north a referendum of remaining in the uk outside the eu , or rejoing the rest of ireland and staying in the eu.

Clearly as barry said this cant continue , and it wont. Its a short term bodge , but we in the uk wont be rejoining or tieing ourselves to any customs unions .

B0ycey

Quote from: Barry on February 19, 2022, 02:44:04 PM
This can't go on.
How this protocol ever got through Parliament, I will never know. It breaches the whole idea of a United Kingdom and it breaches the whole point of Brexit.
Oven ready deal, my Rs.
How exactly do you think it can be resolved Barry? The WTO demands a border and only a deal makes it go away. The UK knows the EU red lines, align standards and most of the issues go away. Standards are currently aligned it should be said but the thirst to import drug filled CHICKEN and pesticide US produce in the future are making the Tories blind.

Barry

This can't go on.
How this protocol ever got through Parliament, I will never know. It breaches the whole idea of a United Kingdom and it breaches the whole point of Brexit.
Oven ready deal, my Rs.
† The end is nigh †

Thomas

NI Protocol: DUP MP booed as thousands protest in Markethill

Democratic Unionist Party (DUP) MP Sammy Wilson was booed at a demonstration against the Northern Ireland Protocol on Friday night.
Several thousand people attended the event which saw more than 25 flute and accordion bands parade along the centre of Markethill, County Armagh.
Mr Wilson was booed as he tried to address the crowd.
He was repeatedly interrupted while speaking and TUV leader Jim Allister intervened to appeal for quiet.
Mr Allister said: "You'll get your opportunity at the polls to express yourself, but tonight it's important that we listen to all unionist voices."

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-northern-ireland-60440234

GerryT

Quote from: Thomas on February 05, 2022, 06:00:50 PM

It is the DUP, so I call bull crap on their claim, the issue being any medicines coming into NI must be approved within the EU because they can travel freely from NI into the EU. up until 1st Jan this yr there hasn't been a problem as NI had a pass, there has been no checks on meds up to 1st Jan this yr...NO CHECKS. So what are the DUP banging on about.
Secondly it was Frost not showing to meetings and weaponising NI to try get the EU to shift on checks between GB and EU. it was the EU that back in Dec were taking unilateral action to change legislation to allow unapproved (EU) meds into NI, what sort of meds are these anyway, all meds in the UK up to Jan 1 this yr ARE approved in the EU. This is a typical stunt by the DUP just like poots custom checks halting last week, or their first minister resigning bringing down Stormount. This is a party with shrinking support, a minority party that dont talk for the people. They prefer to stop govt, over the failure of Johnson and his team. This is the same DUP that voted against May when she proposed a deal that kept NI firmly in the UK, their a joke, look at their cash for cash policy.

This meds story is a fiction, nothing new for the DUP.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/politics/eu-prepared-to-move-unilaterally-on-ni-medicines-coveney-says-1.4754432