“Protocol continues to cause significant issues for medicine supplies” Cameron

Started by Thomas, February 05, 2022, 05:58:00 PM

« previous - next »

B0ycey

Quote from: johnofgwent on February 20, 2022, 08:50:44 AM
I think we need to start treating the Irish Republic like the foreign country the PIRA wish it to be rather than the cosy neighbour we have allowed to date.

All members of the Irish Republic should be denied the immigration rights they were allowed to keep when they seceeded by violence for a start.

I see no reason to allow any foreign country's citizens special immigration status. It's only giving the SNP false hopes for when they achieve their aims.

Once we start treating the republics citizens as the foreigners they have been for a century, then we can see what other measures may be needed to bring the EU into line. Right now we're taking it up the shitter from both directions.

Nobody is asking the Irish Republic to have special rights and Northern Ireland has always been part of the UK. It isn't so easy to just hand it over. The Irish aren't asking for it and Northern Irish are s spilt on religious lines. A referendum would start up troubles and currently would vote remain I expect but still demand the end to the Irish Sea border. Which means the Good Friday Agreement must remain. The US would demand it, the EU would demand it and so would Ireland. We will not see unification in our lifetime. It is a sensitive issue. Which means the UK will have to work with the EU over this given now Johnson wants to reject a treaty he signed up to only a few years back.

Barry

† The end is nigh †

Barry

Quote from: B0ycey on February 20, 2022, 08:12:33 AM
I don't think Leave would win another referendum now actually. People are now slowly understanding what they have lost. 
You are worse than HDQQ. At least he knows it is over.
Leave have already won 4 times over, in every election since the referendum. Thomas will catalogue it for you again, for anyone hard of understanding.
There is no mythical remain majority.
† The end is nigh †

Barry

Quote from: B0ycey on February 20, 2022, 08:03:09 AM
So you would break the Good Friday agreement? We can't do that Biden and Ireland would have a hissy.
That's tough. Biden doesn't know what day it is and Ireland are still trying to put analgesic cream on their butts after being dealt with by the EU being kind to Varadkar. 
† The end is nigh †

Thomas

Quote from: papasmurf on February 20, 2022, 09:37:14 AM
The cock-up that is the Irish Protocol is a Tory bad thread. I stated before the Brexit referendum that the Ireland problem would screw Brexit, and it has.
It hasnt. The rest of the uk has left. What you hope , and what is reality is often two different things pappy.

The northern irish tail isnt going to wag the dog , and eventualy they are going to reunite , so why let remongers try and use northern irealnd , which most people couldnt care about , to tie the rest of the uk back into the eu?

It would mean a return of your hated FOM , and you yourself have said you dont want that?
An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

Thomas

Quote from: B0ycey on February 19, 2022, 08:42:49 PM
Another EU referendum? I would love that. Although Starmer won't push for one. He is trying to get the red wall back if you didn't know.
There wont be another referendum on the EU. Labour dont like demcoracy remember?

Milliband opposed the last one , so much so he was being ridiculed over his cowardice by the lib dems.

If labour get in , true to style they will take the uk back into the EU via the back door. That , as i keep saying , is starmers big big problem. His anti democratic remain baggage.

No one trusts labour over europe , least of all thier anti democratic leader starmer , who spent three years as one of the main remogers in westmisnter trying to overturn the will of the people.

He has broken every promise  according to srb steve that he made to become labour leader , so why would the voting public trust him? He has made an informal pact with the EU loving Liberals in England , with the main aim of taking the uk back into the EU if they manage to stumble into power in two years.

Hopefully , the old english red wall seats will have long long memories and keep these scum out of power.

papasmurf

Quote from: Thomas on February 20, 2022, 09:30:23 AM
do you want to discuss the irish protocol or not? If not fack off and start a tory bad thread.
The cock-up that is the Irish Protocol is a Tory bad thread. I stated before the Brexit referendum that the Ireland problem would screw Brexit, and it has.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Sheepy

Quote from: B0ycey on February 20, 2022, 08:12:33 AMcoffins.
I don't think Leave would win another referendum now actually.
Ha, that's right people after all they have suffered for the last 6 years wouldn't dare vote for freedom again. Nope they will all become neo-Liberals and accept they are subjects to be done with as the global agenda dictates. Or face all being Canadians or EU subjects under the boot of fascism, you will have nothing and like it.  
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

Thomas

Quote from: papasmurf on February 20, 2022, 09:27:14 AM
The thread already had been derailed.
do you want to discuss the irish protocol or not? If not fack off and start a tory bad thread.

papasmurf

Quote from: Thomas on February 20, 2022, 09:24:09 AM
ok please stop again derailing the thread with tory bad. This is about the protocol. you have made your lame point , move on.
The thread already had been derailed.

Thomas

Quote from: papasmurf on February 20, 2022, 09:21:26 AM
But not as obvious.
ok please stop again derailing the thread with tory bad. This is about the protocol. you have made your lame point , move on.

Thomas

Thomas

Quote from: johnofgwent on February 20, 2022, 08:50:44 AM
I think we need to start treating the Irish Republic like the foreign country the PIRA wish it to be rather than the cosy neighbour we have allowed to date.

All members of the Irish Republic should be denied the immigration rights they were allowed to keep when they seceeded by violence for a start.

I see no reason to allow any foreign country's citizens special immigration status. It's only giving the SNP false hopes for when they achieve their aims.

Once we start treating the republics citizens as the foreigners they have been for a century, then we can see what other measures may be needed to bring the EU into line. Right now we're taking it up the shitter from both directions.
The reason westmisnter doesnt treat citizens of the irish republic as foreigners john , is of course because of the delusion of grandeur of the people within that establishment. I think once scotland goes , the CTA should be ended.
It's only giving the SNP false hopes for when they achieve their aims.
Most scots think there should be a hard border between scotland and england.

According to our recent Panelbase poll, it turns out that a hard border at Berwick and Gretna is a price that Scottish voters are – by a margin of more than two to one – willing to pay to stay in the EU.

im not sure john this hard border loss of CTA and all the rest is the vote loser the british think it would be. A hard border between scotland and england would be far easier to deal with than one in northern ireland for all the reasons i have given before.

Right now we're taking it up the shitter from both directions.

You are , buts thats because as streetwalker said of the incompetence of the tories and johnson , as well as the backstabbing by labour and the liberals in your parliament doeing everything they can and could to damage and thwart brexit.

Offer the irish a referendum on brexit uk or reunification and the EU. One way or the other , a referendum in northern ireland is coming down the road , slowly but surely.

Be intresting to see if northern ireland has a sinn fein first minisnter this year , and if so , i can see there being utter meltdown. That might be the last straw for the english.

papasmurf

Quote from: Thomas on February 20, 2022, 09:07:33 AM

She has presided over a party riven by infighting, factionalism , backstabbing , 
Sounds like the Tories.