“Protocol continues to cause significant issues for medicine supplies” Cameron

Started by Thomas, February 05, 2022, 05:58:00 PM

« previous - next »

Thomas

Passports

Inherent to citizenship is the right to hold a passport. In an independent Scotland all British citizens born or habitually resident in Scotland on day one of independence will have the right to acquire a Scottish passport, although, as in most countries, there will be no requirement to hold one. A Scottish passport will also be available to anyone who acquires Scottish citizenship through naturalisation. It is envisaged that passport lengths will continue to be five years for children and 10 years for adults and will carry a fee comparable to that presently required for a UK passport which will be used to cover the administrative and production costs of the passport. As a member of the EU, Scottish passports will follow the EU passport model and therefore will broadly follow the current look of UK passports in colour, size, and layout, but will be identified as a Scottish passport on the front cover. They will be designed to meet the standard requirements for all EU passports and will be valid for international travel in the same way UK passports are at present. The Scottish Government will continue to recognise any currently valid UK passports until their expiry date.

https://www.gov.scot/publications/scotlands-future/pages/11/

Obviously , brexit further complicates the issue , as this was all put down prior to 2014.

As i understand it , practically every country in the world requires ancestry , residency , birth and naturalisation over a given time period to gain passport rights.

Many further issue will need explored as wel , including agreement between westmisnter and edinburgh , continuation of things like the CTA , and of course wether or not scotland becomes part of the eu.

Its all pie in the sky fantasy , because as yet , scotland is part of the uk , sturgeon isnt showing any signs of having a referendum in the near future , no work has been done by her regime on the matter , and the ruk isnt part of the EU.

It would take years before any of this is reality , but certainly what boycey is insinuating isnt any sort of reality.
An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

Sheepy

I don't mind so much, they do parrot the same old stuff which does get a bit boring, maybe I can talk Rees Mogg into putting on luxury transport for their great journey back into the EU and have you Scots waiting at the stations waving EU flags for them. Make them feel welcome. 
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

Thomas

Quote from: Sheepy on February 20, 2022, 12:39:22 PM
Funny, I have lost count of the number of passports I have been offered, I bet she or you haven't you are left holding a belief the Scots will give you one, I wouldn't hold your breath.
Boycey is simply either deliberately or otherwise misinterpreting what salmond had put in the white paper regarding scottish passports and citizenship.

Residency , birth and ancestry was the main criteria sheep , and naturalisation from memory could take ten years. He also suggested uk passport holders living in scotland could keep thier uk passport , opt out of a scottish passport , and stil remain . What boycey was somehow suggesting was that a scottish government was going to give tens millions of english remainers a passport who dont live in scotland and have no connection with scotland ( apart from what has altready been mentioned) apart from the fact they voted remain is quite obviously nonsense.

Its a complex issue , and with a passports comes rights , but as ever , in boycey la la land , the whole thrust of his argument yet again is to punish england for daring to vote to leave the eu by showering english remainers with scottish passports.

There is no level the english remainer wont stoop to to punish your country for voting brexit. Sad.

Who needs enemies with countrymen like that.

Thomas

Quote from: B0ycey on February 20, 2022, 12:34:32 PM
According to the world she is British. 
Doesnt matter what the world thinks , or more properly what you allege they think.

Under uk law , last i heard shw lost her case , had beenstripped of uk citizenship , and the supreme court on appeal decided against her and in favour of the home secretary .Last i heard there was a possibility of her applying for dutch citizenship , but as it stands , she is currently stateless. We are talking of a legal definition , not wether someone in bangladesh hinks you are british .

QuoteThe only reason the UK government was able to do what they did was because they said she could also be Bangladeshi and as such she wouldn't be stateless. But that was against international law and condemned mainly by Bangladesh.
:D

So you admit now the uk government made her stateless? Has she applied for banglasdeshi citizenship and been accepted? Can you provide proof? :D

Honestly boycey , you are becoming more unhinged on here by the day. I dont know if its so much denial , as delusion.

Dont know if you know , theres no i in denial...

Sheepy

Quote from: B0ycey on February 20, 2022, 12:34:32 PM
According to the world she is British. The only reason the UK government was able to do what they did was because they said she could also be Bangladeshi and as such she wouldn't be stateless. But that was against international law and condemned mainly by Bangladesh.

Funny, I have lost count of the number of passports I have been offered, I bet she or you haven't you are left holding a belief the Scots will give you one, I wouldn't hold your breath.

B0ycey

Quote from: Thomas on February 20, 2022, 12:31:05 PM
she is stateless. Of course we have to now take everything you say with a pinch of salt , with your wild exaggerated and unfounded claims , but until she applies for citizenship of a country , and then is accepted , she must therfore currently be stateless.
According to the world she is British. The only reason the UK government was able to do what they did was because they said she could also be Bangladeshi and as such she wouldn't be stateless. But that was against international law and condemned mainly by Bangladesh. 

Thomas

Quote from: B0ycey on February 20, 2022, 12:27:31 PM
No, it just means I remember it at the time and on my phone so I am not doing your work for you. I don't care whether you believe me or not. I am not here to convince you.
then we can dismiss your claim as nonsense. boycey fantasy from boycey left wing cloud cuckoo land.

Why am i not surprised?

Thomas

Quote from: B0ycey on February 20, 2022, 12:26:09 PM
The UK argument is she can apply for Bangladeshi citizenship so defacto not stateless. It isn't internationally legal mind, which is why the UK get condemned by the world for doing it.
she is stateless. Of course we have to now take everything you say with a pinch of salt , with your wild exaggerated and unfounded claims , but until she applies for citizenship of a country , and then is accepted , she must therfore currently be stateless.

B0ycey

Quote from: Thomas on February 20, 2022, 12:25:23 PM
Do you have a link to prove your claims , or not? If not we can then dismiss everything you say as cloud cuckoo from boycey make believe land.
No, it just means I remember it at the time and on my phone so I am not doing your work for you. I don't care whether you believe me or not. I am not here to convince you.

B0ycey

Quote from: Thomas on February 20, 2022, 12:23:26 PM
I havent followed the whole case, but isnt shamina begum stateless , and lost her appeal against being made stateless?
The UK argument is she can apply for Bangladeshi citizenship so defacto not stateless. It isn't internationally legal mind, which is why the UK get condemned by the world for doing it.

Thomas

Quote from: B0ycey on February 20, 2022, 12:23:48 PM
Why, do you fear the UN charter of self determination? Seems Sturgeon is relying on it to make any break away referendum legally binding. Nonetheless I am sure there is a link somewhere given May did threaten it. But maybe the article wouldn't go into detail why she was wrong. But rather than convince you I would rather just say I told you so when all the UK remainers apply for their Scottish citizenship.
Do you have a link to prove your claims , or not? If not we can then dismiss everything you say as cloud cuckoo from boycey make believe land.

B0ycey

Why, do you fear the UN charter of self determination? Seems Sturgeon is relying on it to make any break away referendum legally binding. Nonetheless I am sure there is a link somewhere given May did threaten it. But maybe the article wouldn't go into detail why she was wrong. But rather than convince you I would rather just say I told you so when all the UK remainers apply for their Scottish citizenship.

Thomas

Quote from: Sheepy on February 20, 2022, 12:16:49 PM
Tell that to all of those saying they are when crossing the channel calling themselves migrants, not me. Wake up Boycey.
I havent followed the whole case, but isnt shamina begum stateless , and lost her appeal against being made stateless?

Thomas

Quote from: B0ycey on February 20, 2022, 12:14:40 PM
You cannot be stateless Sheepy. This was discussed when May as home Secretary was threatening the Scots they will lose their British Passports if they voted yes. Turns out once you have a UK passport you cannot stop duel citizenship. I haven't got links given they are going to be years old now. And I am not here to convince anyone. When Scotland is independent these threads will resurface themselves.
link please or be known as a liar who cant back up his empty words.

Sheepy

Quote from: B0ycey on February 20, 2022, 12:14:40 PM
You cannot be stateless Sheepy. This was discussed when May as home Secretary was threatening the Scots they will lose their British Passports if they voted yes. Turns out once you have a UK passport you cannot stop duel citizenship. I haven't got links given they are going to be years old now. And I am not here to convince anyone. When Scotland is independent these threads will resurface themselves.

Tell that to all of those saying they are when crossing the channel calling themselves migrants, not me. Wake up Boycey.