“Protocol continues to cause significant issues for medicine supplies” Cameron

Started by Thomas, February 05, 2022, 05:58:00 PM

« previous - next »

T00ts

Quote from: papasmurf on February 20, 2022, 07:57:14 PM
Because the 80 seat majority is because of the long past it sell by date FPTP voting system.  You can throw your rattle out of your pram as much as you like, the Tories do have have mandate from the majority for the very nasty repressive measures they are in the process of enacting.
@papasmurf do you really mean what your post seems to say?

B0ycey

Thomas

Quote from: B0ycey on February 20, 2022, 08:22:06 PM
But quoted me talking about the popular Vote  Nick. We all know FPTP is a pile of shit. Under any other electoral method and Johnson would not be PM.
stop  arguing semantics boycey.

Johnson won fair and square under the rules.
An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

B0ycey

Quote from: Nick on February 20, 2022, 08:14:44 PM
The last time I looked the system was based on seats.
But quoted me talking about the popular Vote  Nick. We all know FPTP is a pile of shit. Under any other electoral method and Johnson would not be PM. 

Thomas

Quote from: Nick on February 20, 2022, 08:14:44 PM
ah but only when labour win. After that , you need to get a majority of the regsitered vote , wether they turn out or not.

You should know by now democracy and the loony left dont mix.

Nick

Quote from: B0ycey on February 20, 2022, 06:39:57 PM
What are you smoking more like. Those are seats in Westminster and is most definitely not the popular vote.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Thomas

Quote from: papasmurf on February 20, 2022, 07:57:14 PM
Because the 80 seat majority is because of the long past it sell by date FPTP voting system.  You can throw your rattle out of your pram as much as you like, the Tories do have have mandate from the majority for the very nasty repressive measures they are in the process of enacting.
Im pointing out the rules. You know the rules when you take part , even if sometimes your tactical voting goes astray and you vote tory. :D

Dont take part , then lose , then spend the next few years trying to throw the table up in the air because you are a sore loser.

No one likes a bad loser .

papasmurf

Quote from: Thomas on February 20, 2022, 07:47:45 PM
Why do you do this?
Because the 80 seat majority is because of the long past it sell by date FPTP voting system.  You can throw your rattle out of your pram as much as you like, the Tories do have have mandate from the majority for the very nasty repressive measures they are in the process of enacting.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Thomas

Quote from: papasmurf on February 20, 2022, 07:23:45 PM
Number of votes cast for each party 2019 General Election, About 32 million votes were cast in this election. The turnout was 67.3% of registered voters,

The Tories got 43.6% of the 67.3% turnout. So a long way short of a majority of the electorate.

Why do you do this?

Lowering yourself to de ligitimise the tory electoral victory in 2019 by playing silly buggers by comparing votes to the registered electorate is a nonsense.

You were on this forum prior to that election , you know the arguments regarding brexit , and you also , like boycey , and everyone else , knew the rules beforehand. The tories won , lamentable labour and thier anti demcortic brexit stance lost , and the libs were annihialted and we took out their idiotic leader.

In 2001 , for example , there was no moans when labour won 412 seats off the back of the lowest uk electoral post war turnout , when barely 25 % of the registered electorate voted labour.

The rules state it doesnt matter what the registered electorate is , what matter is the majority of those who turn out.

You tried this with the brexit ref , and it made you look silly then , as it does now.

If you dont vote , you dont have a say , and you cant be counted.

Fractionally over 18 million people registered to vote did not do so which represents 41% of all registered voters. From the figure of 44 million registered voters, the Labour Party gained just 25%; the Tories 19% and the Lib Dems 11%. The political analyst for the "Daily Mail", Edward Heathcoat Amory, claimed that the election had been a victory for the "Stay at Home Party". Statistics seemed to indicate that apathy towards politicians was paramount during the whole of the campaign and that it showed itself clearly in the final result. 
https://www.historylearningsite.co.uk/british-politics/the-2001-british-general-election/

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on February 20, 2022, 06:25:17 PM
What are you smoking?

Number of votes cast for each party 2019 General Election, About 32 million votes were cast in this election. The turnout was 67.3% of registered voters,

The Tories got 43.6% of the 67.3% turnout. So a long way short of a majority of the electorate.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/election-2019-50779901

Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

B0ycey

Quote from: Nick on February 20, 2022, 06:25:17 PM
What are you smoking?

What are you smoking more like. Those are seats in Westminster and is most definitely not the popular vote.

cromwell

Well reading back over this thread it seems once again to have two passports requires pistols at dawn,I thought  that had been outlawed years ago.
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

Nick

I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Barry

Quote from: B0ycey on February 20, 2022, 11:56:35 AM
The SNP have already said they will offer everyone duel citizenship. But it doesn't matter if they don't. Under international law Scotland is part of the UK and [highlight]as such anyone with a UK passport is legally Scottish[/highlight].
Thomas and Morayloon are my brothers! I have become a Scot.  Dancing
† The end is nigh †

Sheepy

We could have posters made up, we cannot move on without the EU, yes you can your Scottish brothers and sisters are here to welcome you. Free passports for all and everything else free. 
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!