Quote from: GerryT on February 22, 2022, 09:10:42 AM
They did some things.
They stopped gay marriage
They blocked abortions, in all cases
They introduced the cash for ash scheme
They blocked the Irish language act
They refuse to recognise the GFA.
Ill stop now.

I'm struggling to see a downside to much of that. What's Sinn Feins take on abortions given its roots in Irish Catholic Republicanism ??
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

GerryT

Quote from: johnofgwent on February 22, 2022, 07:22:46 AM
I'm curious

For years Northern Ireland was run by Britain because the DUP weren't prepared to do the obvious and run the show themselves when the PIRA's political wing stamped its foot and threw a strop

I'm not sure now, were Stourmonts members paid for not doing the job ??

If they wanted to be taken seriously it seems to me they should have been a little less keen to sit back and do sod all.
They did some things. 
They stopped gay marriage
They blocked abortions, in all cases
They introduced the cash for ash scheme 
They blocked the Irish language act
They refuse to recognise the GFA.
Ill stop now.

johnofgwent

I'm curious

For years Northern Ireland was run by Britain because the DUP weren't prepared to do the obvious and run the show themselves when the PIRA's political wing stamped its foot and threw a strop

I'm not sure now, were Stourmonts members paid for not doing the job ??

If they wanted to be taken seriously it seems to me they should have been a little less keen to sit back and do sod all.
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

cromwell

Quote from: B0ycey on February 21, 2022, 06:46:49 PM
Joe Biden is a million times better than Trump could ever be Nick.
No Biden is a daft old bugger,and Trump is an rsole of gargantuan proportions.

That they represent the best the US can put up as leaders says a lot of why the west is where it is now.
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

Thomas

Quote from: Nick on February 21, 2022, 06:36:26 PM
 I bet you're do proud of your fellow countryman Tom 😂
He isnae my fellow countryman nick. Mind chairman boycey doesnae want borders and nations. One world government  , and the european empire is a stepping stone to the dream .:P
An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

Thomas

Borchester

Quote from: Nick on February 21, 2022, 06:39:25 PM
I take it you don't know Joe Biden is President then?

For that matter, does Joe Biden know that Joe Biden is President?
Algerie Francais !

Nick

Quote from: B0ycey on February 21, 2022, 06:45:08 PM
I don't need to know the percentage of leavers who voted Labour to know Labours manifesto contained the commitment of a confirmatory referendum nor that under PR Johnson wouldn't be PM as Remain won the election in terms of the popular vote. But in any case, I don't look at election results to understand the mood of the UK in terms of rejoining anyway. I look at polling for that.
Have you got a poll since 1st Jan 2022?
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

B0ycey

Quote from: Nick on February 21, 2022, 06:39:25 PM
I take it you don't know Joe Biden is President then?
Joe Biden is a million times better than Trump could ever be Nick.

B0ycey

Quote from: Nick on February 21, 2022, 06:36:26 PM
What a load of rubbish, you have no idea what percentage of Labour voters supported Brexit. I know 10's of Leave voters that couldn't bring them selves to vote Tory. I bet you're do proud of your fellow countryman Tom 😂
I don't need to know the percentage of leavers who voted Labour to know Labours manifesto contained the commitment of a confirmatory referendum nor that under PR Johnson wouldn't be PM as Remain won the election in terms of the popular vote. But in any case, I don't look at election results to understand the mood of the UK in terms of rejoining anyway. I look at polling for that.

Nick

Quote from: B0ycey on February 21, 2022, 10:24:23 AM
We are always a decade behind the Yanks Sheepy in terms of politics mayhem. If the US are on the verge of a civil war, think where we might be in ten years time. But I guess the US have got over Trumpism now and we still have our Johnsonism going on. They at least are over the peak whilst we keep on hiking up.
I take it you don't know Joe Biden is President then?

Nick

Quote from: B0ycey on February 21, 2022, 10:19:55 AM
Well, Remain did win in 2019. That is just the way it was. But the vote split and now the Tories want to go by seats and not votes to explain why there is no appetite for rejoining. But in any case, it is polling to know what direction the UK are heading in terms of rejoining and age demographic affiliation intention and most definitely not GE results.

As for FPTP, give me a coalition any day.
What a load of rubbish, you have no idea what percentage of Labour voters supported Brexit. I know 10's of Leave voters that couldn't bring them selves to vote Tory. I bet you're do proud of your fellow countryman Tom 😂 

Sheepy

Quote from: B0ycey on February 21, 2022, 10:24:23 AM
We are always a decade behind the Yanks Sheepy in terms of politics mayhem. If the US are on the verge of a civil war, think where we might be in ten years time. But I guess the US have got over Trumpism now and we still have our Johnsonism going on. They at least are over the peak whilst we keep on hiking up.

I wouldn't go betting on that either, it is simmering away nicely. If you think power mongering politicians actually give a feck for what you want, better get a check-up from the neck up. If the last two years hasn't shown you how out of control they are, nothing will. 
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

Thomas

Quote from: B0ycey on February 21, 2022, 10:19:55 AM
Well, Remain did win in 2019.
Boycey , you didnt win. The leave supporting tories won. You know that. I know that.

We knew before the election the rules we had to play by , you took part , and under those rules you lost.

This is just silly now. Reality denying and straw clutching.

Your mate keir starmer is vocally opposed to electoral reform , ie , he wants to stitch up constituencies in labours favour under fptp rather than go for any sort of PR.

Remain lost 2015 , lost 2016 , lost 2017 , lost euro election 2019 ,and then the big one , that the remain majority failed to materialse in was 2019.

Boycey la la land , meets reality today yet again.

47.6 % for remain in your twisted reinterpretation ( that is adding percentages for lab libs and snp) still isnt the popualr vote majority.

So by your own benchmark , remain lost the popular vote .:D