The EU SNP and much else

Started by Sheepy, February 05, 2022, 04:44:05 PM

« previous - next »

Thomas

Quote from: morayloon on February 06, 2022, 07:57:51 PM
Salmond entered the fray at the start of the campaign. Not enough time to get the 'super majority' message across. That and the ridiculousness of the SNP 1 & 2 mantra that was meekly accepted by the faithful. The result was over 1 million votes with only 2 MSPs to show for it. The legal bid to get rid of Salmond had been thrown out by the jury now the aim was to neutralise him politically. Had the SNP played ball many Unionists would have been knocked out.
boycey doesnt give a fack though moray.

Boycey , like so many on the english left , are merely interested in scotland doing their dirty work for them and being usefull voting fodder and sticks to beat brexit england with.

Remember many like boycey were being bussed up in 2014 , working hand in hand with the tories to keep us in their union.

English tories stab us from the front , their left wing brethern do it in the back. Not something i will ever forget in a hurry.

An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

Thomas

Quote from: cromwell on February 06, 2022, 06:53:18 PM
Right so I said I don't want a USE,an eu army,diktat from Brussels and other stuff and you say you don't know why I voted leave.................Ermm OK ::) Butt Kick
Labour is tiptoeing back to the idea of renegotiating Brexit – will this saga never end?

Labour, rather quietly, plainly think Brexit leaves much to be desired – after all, most of them campaigned for Remain. The party doesn't make a big fuss about it, but the hints are getting heavier.

Now Labour wants to "make Brexit work", a vague, eerie echo of Theresa May's "Brexit that works for everyone". It means renegotiation because you can't make Brexit work without changing the treaty and protocols. David Lammy, even more passionate about Europe than most of the rest of the Labour front bench, has said as much too: "This is his [Boris Johnson's] deal. When we come to government, we'll have to look at how we fix his deal."

https://www.independent.co.uk/voices/brexit-renegotiation-labour-david-lammy-fuel-b1929282.html

morayloon

Quote from: B0ycey on February 06, 2022, 06:18:44 PM
Alba aren't anyones problem @Thomas. Salmond threw his name in and everyones second choice was the Greens. 
Salmond entered the fray at the start of the campaign. Not enough time to get the 'super majority' message across. That and the ridiculousness of the SNP 1 & 2 mantra that was meekly accepted by the faithful. The result was over 1 million votes with only 2 MSPs to show for it. The legal bid to get rid of Salmond had been thrown out by the jury now the aim was to neutralise him politically. Had the SNP played ball many Unionists would have been knocked out.

Thomas

Quote from: morayloon on February 06, 2022, 07:38:09 PM
Except that we didn't. Scottish Democracy was trampled on with that vote. 62% of Scots ignored because the English have to have their way.
...and even further , after telling us brexit was a uk ( and gibraltar vote) we got hit with some pish about the GFA meaning northern ireland had to stay in the EU , while scotland was taken out.

The eu is a side issue for me. I was lukewarm and voted remain in 2016 , not sure i would be voting for rejoin now , but its a side issue like the monarchy.

Scotlands immediate problem is sturgeon and her traitorous cabal.Have you seen the pictures of that alyn smith  , stewart macdonald sitting with their butchers aprons next to them in ukraine?

What stuart campbell said about that man coming out of no where is true. ?Whatever alyn smith may or may not be , he certainly is no scot indy supporter.

Thomas

Quote from: B0ycey on February 06, 2022, 06:18:44 PM
Alba aren't anyones problem @Thomas. Salmond threw his name in and everyones second choice was the Greens. But in any case, it seems Scotland will rejoin before the UK and Starmer isn't going to rejoin. I do think the UK will rejoin I might add. But we are a few decades from that and it will be well past Starmers time at Westminster.
you never mind Alba , the SNP or scotland. These are just more of your diversions and red herrings to take the thread away from the fact the uk brexiter public dont trust keir starmer and labour over brexit , which could verywell ultimately badly damage his chances in any forthcoming election.

My point to sheepwash was to show other parties in scotland are offering other alternatives to sturgeons rejoin. Its quite clear scotland is a pro EU nation , no one doubts that nor is anyone surprised.

However , for the moment for both your politics , as an english lefty rejoiner , and my politics , as a scot indy supporter , its nothing more than meaningless empty rubbish for the time being.

As it stands , scotland is in the UK , and the uk is out the EU. Whatever holy vision you have of sturgeon and her cabal , the fact remains at present she is nothing more than an emtpy vessel making noise.

She has no definete plans for scottish indy , hasnt done anything croncrete about any scot indy issues , and is no more further forward in terms of scotland becoming independent than she was 7 years ago. So an indy scotland in the EU is currently a moot point.

There are years of issues to deal with before that would ever happen , most importantly first and foremost leaving the UK.

Labour figures urge EU return

Party's shadow minister says time is right to start campaign to rejoin bloc

Several senior Labour Party figures have called for it to start pushing for the United Kingdom to rejoin the European Union.

But Alex Sobel, the Labour Party's shadow minister for tourism and heritage, said at an anti-Brexit event during the party's annual conference that the time is right for it to start campaigning to rejoin the bloc.

"The battle isn't over; the battle is just beginning," he said at the rally organized by the Labour Movement for Europe and Labour for a European Future. "This is a battle for our children's futures and the future of our continent.

http://global.chinadaily.com.cn/a/202109/28/WS61526b27a310cdd39bc6bf41.html

morayloon

Quote from: cromwell on February 05, 2022, 10:39:34 PM
We've been lied to for years which is why we woke up and said leave.

Except that we didn't. Scottish Democracy was trampled on with that vote. 62% of Scots ignored because the English have to have their way.

B0ycey

Quote from: cromwell on February 06, 2022, 06:53:18 PM
Right so I said I don't want a USE,an eu army,diktat from Brussels and other stuff and you say you don't know why I voted leave.................Ermm OK ::) Butt Kick
I guess you have all that now Cromwell. But whatever the EU becomes will be decided by their members now. Each has a veto, if the UK was still a member they would have that also. I don't know. Seems you are happy. You have Brexit. But I do wonder, and this isn't aimed at you specifically but with people in general, that if the EU does expand, grows, becomes like what Macron envisions and becomes a superpower in their own right, that those who support Brexit will be content by being Air Strip One.

cromwell

Quote from: B0ycey on February 06, 2022, 05:44:01 PM
Starmer isn't going to make the UK rejoin @Thomas. I suspect Scotland would rejoin before the UK in any case. But my response to Cromwell wasn't about convincing anyone but merely addressing key point he addressed. There is a lot of people who see Brexit for what it is now and sometimes I don't know what they were expecting beforehand anyway. This is Brexit and Frost wouldn't give up anything he could get away with. I don't know what Cromwell voted Brexit for, my guess is he wanted sovereignty and to hell with trade. I don't know. But whatever. In terms of trade Brexit is a disaster and if I only showcase that and it is understood, then well at this moment in time I guess that is all I can explain to a Brexiteers.
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

Sheepy

Quote from: Thomas on February 06, 2022, 05:54:22 PM
A pro communist anti democrat? No thanks sheepwash , you keep them. We have enough loony left whingers here as it is.

Dont be too sure about scotland rejoining the EU.  Other scenarios are being offered up for example ALBA are suggesting EFTA , and a third of the snps own voters dont want scotland back in the EU.

Be alright you worry too much, the Govan riviera will be just like the old days. 
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

B0ycey

Alba aren't anyones problem @Thomas. Salmond threw his name in and everyones second choice was the Greens. But in any case, it seems Scotland will rejoin before the UK and Starmer isn't going to rejoin. I do think the UK will rejoin I might add. But we are a few decades from that and it will be well past Starmers time at Westminster.

Thomas

Quote from: B0ycey on February 06, 2022, 06:09:57 PM
And that is laymen for Mays deal. Massive massive LOL!
Alba arent your problem . Your problem is with your fellow countrymen who vote in 82% of westmisnters politicians , and the majority of whom support brexit.

anyway some more polling on labour and how two thirds of labour want the uk back in the EU....:D

The YouGov survey yesterday showed 59 percent of grassroots Labour members think the party leader should campaign for the country to apply to be readmitted. Only 15 percent of those quizzed thought he should give up on the idea. Tory MP Andrew Bridgen said last night: "This starkly demonstrates the circle that Starmer can't square between his metropolitan members and the voters in the former Red Wall seats of the Midlands and the North.

"Whatever Starmer says his policy is on the EU, he and his party can't be trusted if they ever get power not to sell us all back into vassalage as a member of the undemocratic and unaccountable European Union."

B0ycey

Quote from: Thomas on February 06, 2022, 06:07:00 PM
yer too quick for us mere mortals boycey.:D

The view that Labour MPs are 'desperate' to rejoin the EU is a huge problem for Keir Starmer

Rosie Duffield, the MP for Canterbury, Labour's most surprising gain in the 2017 election, has said out loud what everyone knows to be true: that most of her colleagues want to rejoin the EU.

https://www.independent.co.uk/independentpremium/voices/brexit-keir-starmer-labour-eu-rosie-duffield-b1784442.html
Duffield was talking about leaving the Labour party only last week Thomas. But for every remainer in Labour, there is a Leaver and I told you it isn't up to Starmer. The EU will not renegotiate FULL STOP!

B0ycey

Quote from: Thomas on February 06, 2022, 05:54:22 PM
ALBA are suggesting EFTA 
And that is laymen for Mays deal. Massive massive LOL!

Thomas

Quote from: B0ycey on February 06, 2022, 05:58:06 PM
Even if I thought that Starmer was going to renegotiate Brexit (I don't), it isn't down to him anyway. I doubt the EU would want to renegotiate anything more and the ONLY REASON they are doing so now was not to dig Johnson out of his hole but to do Ireland a favor as the Good Friday agreement is important to them. Whatever Truss can come up with in the next few weeks will be it. And both sides want it done in the next month. If Starmer was to win the next GE he will just work with whatever tools he has. So no Thomas, you can repeat your opinion as much as you like but apart from giving Sheepy a hard on it actually doesn't mean shit. The EU is not going to spend the next few years redoing terms because frankly if you listen to the EU when Brexit is mentioned they just roll up their eyes.
yer too quick for us mere mortals boycey.:D

The view that Labour MPs are 'desperate' to rejoin the EU is a huge problem for Keir Starmer

Rosie Duffield, the MP for Canterbury, Labour's most surprising gain in the 2017 election, has said out loud what everyone knows to be true: that most of her colleagues want to rejoin the EU. 

https://www.independent.co.uk/independentpremium/voices/brexit-keir-starmer-labour-eu-rosie-duffield-b1784442.html

B0ycey

Quote from: Thomas on February 06, 2022, 05:47:36 PM
I have addressed this extremely poor point now many times. He doesnt have to officially rejoin , he can go ahead and tie the uk back into the EU behind closed doors which he will do .

The fact neither keir starmer , who as we all know is an out and out europhile , the labour party , and people like yourself cannot be honest about starmers clear intentions shows how dishonest you remain and fearfull of the people rejecting a rejoin party once again.

Its as if you and your ilk have learned nothing from 2019.

I predict once again starmers dishonest pro eu intentions and and anti democratic remain baggage will destry any chance labour have of winning the next election.
Even if I thought that Starmer was going to renegotiate Brexit (I don't), it isn't down to him anyway. I doubt the EU would want to renegotiate anything more and the ONLY REASON they are doing so now was not to dig Johnson out of his hole but to do Ireland a favor as the Good Friday agreement is important to them. Whatever Truss can come up with in the next few weeks will be it. And both sides want it done in the next month. If Starmer was to win the next GE he will just work with whatever tools he has. So no Thomas, you can repeat your opinion as much as you like but apart from giving Sheepy a hard on it actually doesn't mean shit. The EU is not going to spend the next few years redoing terms because frankly if you listen to the EU when Brexit is mentioned they just roll up their eyes.